Rate Dr. Paul Hoskins

Dr. Paul Hoskins's Ratings

Dr. Hoskins told me and my spouse that my spouse would be alive and active in 5 years with a possibility for ten years...that was a year ago...my spouse is no longer a patient in the facility where Dr. Hoskins practises because there is nothing more the doctors there can do...my spouse is now being treated by a GP for pain and symptom management and will probably not see the end of this year let alone the five or possible ten years Dr. Hoskins spoke of...the hopes we had are no more...that is all I can say.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2014 | flag

I am a 24 yr survivor of ovarian cancer and was treated by Dr. Hoskins and other staff including radiology when diagnosed. He was/is a great doctor who took the time to explain, listen and answer questions during my diagnosis and 3 yr followup. Fortunate for me I was treated in BC by Dr. Hoskins and team and survived. An older sister was diagnosed later in Ontario and did not survive. Extreme thanks to Dr Hoskins and team for all the kind work they do every day for all of us.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. Hoskins is a pleasant doctor, who answers your questions, if you know what to ask for. He treated my daughter, but I found the treatment not agressive enough. He started with a mild chemo, and then when that did not work he either increased or changed the formula. Neither was successful and she passed away. I question why these specialist, when confronted with cancer that is rare, they do not touch base with other doctors, in Canada and the US, to share ideas and knowledge. I find they think they are infallible and just use their own knowledge, instead of asking for help.

Submitted July 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hoskins is very direct, very honest, and someone who sees you as a whole person, not just your tumour. That's saying a LOT. Others who have had cancer will understand perfectly what I am saying. I'm a big fan.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hoskins is friendly & knowledgable. He was my Oncologist for 3 years and treated my with the utmost respect. He always took time to answer all my questions.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2011 | flag

If you are assigned to Dr Hoskins at the BCCA my advise to you is ask to be reassigned to another physician right away, your life may depend on it. He is an arrogant and totally incompetent doctor who just doesn't care.

Submitted July 21, 2011 | flag