Rate Dr. William L. Carveth

Dr. William L. Carveth's Ratings

Worst experience of my life. Hands down. Botched surgery that took three years to heal from. Bad outcome was blamed on me and this within hours of my surgery when I could not have even made a difference. Bedside manner was atrocious because even another doctor and the nurses knew he had blown it so he needed to blame someone, and I was it. Landed in the hospital for an extended stay. I actually think he is a good surgeon normally but he took shortcuts that cost me two years of my life and continued to blame me on subsequent visits and bully me. I think sometimes when we make mistakes we can't own them and, if you're a god-like doctor, treating the patient dismissively and in a domineering manner lets you believe that this wasn't your fault. It was. 100% I could have sued. I chose not to. I chose the best health clinic in the world and regained my life instead. I put my energy into healing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][693241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

After making an appt. with Dr. Carveth for a colonoscopy, I wound up in the hospital and met him when he came to see me there. I had been in terrible pain for months among other problems. After deciding what was wrong, (perforated intestines and abscesses, he performed robotic intestinal surgery and I am normal for the first time in almost a year. My wounds are healing up beautifully, almost invisible, even the 4" long one. I was out of the hospital in a week and back at work 2 weeks after that. Dr. Carveth listens to you, answers your questions and makes you understand what is wrong and what is needed to fix you up. Personally, I think he is a miracle worker. All my intestinal problems are gone. After waiting so long and being so scared to get checked out, he made it a not so unpleasant experience. Compared to my prior two abdominal surgeries, this was a picnic in the park. Everyone should have a Dr. Carveth in their life. I can't thank him enough.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][693240].votes_count ]]