You may also like

Rate Dr. James J. Guerra

Dr. James J. Guerra's Ratings

Great doctor with an excellent, caring staff. He takes the time to answer your questions and guide you through a complete recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I tore my ACL and had Dr. Guerra reconstruct it. I'm doing great. I can't thank him and his staff enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2692160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

Dr Guerra fixed my rotator cuff tear and I have had excellent results. Once I found out that he was chosen as Best Doctors in America every year for the last several years and lectures internationally, I knew he would be the best! Dr Guerra has an excellent bedside manner, and his staff is among the most professional I have encountered in Naples. I appreciated the fact that his staff got my insurance benefits prior to the surgery so there would be no surprises about what I owed after the surgery. I am so delighted with my results and the physical therapy has been going really well. I am so pleased and recommend him to all my friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2668827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

Dr Guerra and his staff are not only very knowledgeable but have a wonderful bed side manner. My surgery went great as did my recovery, no pain. ps Adam at the pt office downstairs is the best

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Guerra's for three years. I have trusted in him to perform two leg surgeries in that time. Satisfied with the results is an absolute understatement. Normally the surgeries I had would of left a rather large scars however, He is a miracle worker and when I say you cannot see my scars I mean it. I suffered a crushing injury to my lower leg which resulted in compartment syndrome. I had no idea what that was or that you could treat it. Thankfully with Dr. Guerra's expertise and wonderful staff I received the best care possible and I am back to running with NO pain. I personally never experienced a long wait time but if I did, it would of been totally worth it. When it comes to ortho needs this is the only physician to see. I had Brent for PT with both surgeries and he is awesome, super personable and very knowledgable. I couldn't run before the surgeries without being in excruciating pain, now I am back to 1/2 marathons....hoping to get to that full marathon now that I am 100%. I cannot thank Dr. Guerra and his staff enough for getting me back on my game.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2564034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

On July 15th, my daughter broke her right elbow while at tumbling practice. She is 13 years old and is on a competitive cheer team. Because her injury happened in the evening, I took her to Physicians Regional ER to get an x ray. We were told that her elbow was fractured and to follow up with an Orthopedic doctor. The next day I took her to see Dr. Guerra who immediately told us that because of the type of fracture my daughter had, it would benefit her elbow to have surgery to insert a small piece of hardware for proper healing. He did tell me that she could let it heal on it's own, but the broken piece was mildly displaced and could cause a bony prominence in the area. Because she was a young athlete, he recommended surgery. Dr. Guerra was both informative and thorough at her visit. We chose for her to have surgery and we are exceptionally glad that we did. After 9 weeks of physical therapy (recommended by Dr. Guerra) she is back to her sport and tumbling. We do believe that if it had not been for Dr. Guerra ,his advice, and great care, she would definitely not have sprung back so quickly. She will be ready to compete in the fall and we thank Dr. Guerra for that. This doctor deserves 5 stars without a doubt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Although he may be a great surgeon, I have problems with his practices. My husband had to see him for rotator cuff surgery. For each visit, we had to wait at least an hour. Then we were rushed through. My biggest complaint was his payment policy. I have wonderful insurance, thank God. I know I am very lucky. However, at the time, I did not have a co-pay. His staff insisted that I pay a co-pay. If I don't have a co-pay, how can you charge me? Then, when it came time to have the surgery, he wanted cash up front. Again, he was in my network and the surgery was covered completely. But no......they wanted payment in full. When I called BCBS about it, they said that he was in the network and had agreed to not accept payment from patients.......but it was not "illegal" to do so. I actually got in an argument with them. For this reason, in particular, we will not go there again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I cannot believe that Dr. Guerra is not shown as a 5 Star in this rating site. Great staff that exudes teamwork, efficient, polite and knowledgeable. Dr's patient interaction is superior taking the time for thorough explanations and answers all questions. My hip replacement went very well. I like the Physician's Regional Hospital for being quiet and restful while the staff was courteous and caring. The Dr's follow-up visits in the hospital were soothing.... rehab is going well. I highly recommend Dr. Guerra.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

After seeing 2 doctors, Dr Guerra LISTENED to my symptoms and made the diagnosis. The treatment was given and my pain began to improve. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2013

Upon returning to the office on my own to find out information that I I left without, Dr Spain took time away from his lunch to make me understand everything I needed to know. I was pleased and relieved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957053].votes_count ]]