Dr. DWAIN E. WOODE

Grad. Year: 2004

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. DWAIN E. WOODE has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5616647
07/07/14 2 1 2 1 I am very dissatisfied with my appointment today. I have been waiting 2 months for this appt. to check my thyroid. I was very dissappointed with the attitude with the doctor. It was like he was not concerned with my symptoms and he had a smirk on his face like I didn't know what I was talking about when I am the one that is sick. His knowledge on the thyroid is not what it should be.I was asking all of the questions and he told me that thyroid did not cause the symptoms but later said that it did. Which one is it Doc? It was insult to injury on top of sitting in the lobby for 1 hour and 40 minutes. He may good at diabetes but he knows nothing about the thyroid unless I just came on the wrong day. I spent 4 1/2 hours away from work for nothing. I hate that BCBS will have to pay him because the service that I received today sucked.
RID: 5437025
01/05/14 1 1 1 1 My wife went for a consult about Hypothyrodism. Dr. tried to talk to her about diabetes which she is not she is insulin resistant. Told her she shouldn't take cytomel for no other reason than it was harder to regulate. Do no go there.  Respond

07/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.6
RID: 3590902
30/10/13 5 4 5 4 Great Doctor with very friendly staff, I am a new patient and so far I have been very please with the services received.
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "DWAIN" to "DWAIN E."
RID: 2902768
09/10/13 1 2 1 3 I was told I needed to make an appointment before they would refill my prescription for Metformin for my type II diabetes's. So I talk to the receptionist to schedule and she tells me either today (which I can't) or there is nothing else available. In other words no prescription. Beyond pathetic.
RID: 2617474
15/04/13 5 3 5 5 My GP referred me to Dr. Woode for possible Adrenal Insufficiency so I began to read reviews. I must say, the reviews had me fearing a dreadful experience. My husband had to remind me that mostly unhappy people complain and that most satisfied people do not think to rate a business. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and professional. The office was extremely clean and comfortable. Dr. Woode listened patiently to everything that I had to say. I have been scheduled for additional testing so I'll know more later. In the meantime, I wanted to be a positive voice amongst the negativity. Nothing to fear as far as the staff and bedside manner of the doc.
Respond

16/02/13 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2557910
12/02/13 3 3 1 1 Dr. Dwain Woode's knowledge with thyroidism seems limited to whatever the lab tests say is "normal". Dr. Woode has had several opportunities to listen to our symptoms, evaluate our research on thyroidism, and analyze our ongoing symptoms. Dr. Woode’s ability, perhaps willingness, to analyze data doesn’t seem to go below the surface. We have asked multiple times for additional tests to either eliminate or confirm causes for our symptoms. Finally, we demanded the tests we wanted (BASED ON THE RESEARCH WE DID). The results from those additional tests confirmed what we have read, and presented to him, through our research. His unwillingness, or inability, to evaluate the data deeper has prolonged my wife’s condition and has contributed as much stress to the situation as the condition itself. It is our hope that no one else has to go through what we have. Know your TSH levels, Free T3, Free T4, and Reverse T3 to understand how your values play a role in how you feel. Ask Questions  See Responses
RID: 2482775
26/11/12 1 1 1 1 I had waited almost 6 mths to see this doctor. I have insurance and my copay is 30.00, I realized when they asked for my co-pay that I only had 20.00 on me and didn't have my debit card on me. I had left it at home. I asked if I could call back with my debit card info to pay the 10.00 and the office mgr said no. But that she could put me on the cancellation list, that means another 3 or more months to wait. I couldn't believe that I got turned away from seeing the dr because of 10.00 . It is very sad that a doctor's office would choose money over the well being of a human life.
RID: 2459566

27/10/12 1 1 1 1 I found his office help incompetent, rude and slow. I found the doctor was absolutely no help whatsoever in helping with my thyroid problems or with adjustments to medications that had serious side affects to me. I will never recommend this office or doctor for anything. Mind you I know not all doctors can do everything but I at least expected him to make an effort to find out why I had a problem with the medication or to at the very least suggest I change to something else. This was by far the worst experience I have EVER had at any doctors office in my life.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1665060
19/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Woode assisted in the care of my daughter. She is ten years old and recently was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. This was a life-changing event and not knowing anything about this disease we need a thorough, knowledgable, caring physician. In Dr. Woode, we have one. He took the time to explain everything and make sure my daughter understood. I would recommend to anyone. The office is beautiful and the staff is caring and always ready to give a kind word. We are blessed to have him and his wife serving this community.
RID: 1627812
08/11/11 5 5 5 5 On November 1, of 2011, I came in as a completely new patient with a complicated medical history to discuss with Dr. Woode. My husband and I both had many questions for Dr. Woode. He was very patient with us; listened to what we had to say and addressed all our issues with an open, experienced and intelligent mind. Dr. Woode laid out an incremental plan to safely address my medical condition. I have seen many physicians over my years and it is rare to run into one that will really listen and and not be fixated on standard medical dogma; one who recognizes that we don't all fit the same pattern. Dr. Woode's medical knowledge is excellent and his professionalism is exemplary.
Paid (or co-pay): $30