Rate Dr. Dwain E. Woode

Dr. Dwain E. Woode's Ratings

Do not see Dr Woode. He has no compassion and does not answer your questuons. My experience there was not good at all. I am not a person to complain alot, but I want people to read this and not go see him.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

This gentleman is not my close friend. He has earned his degree in his specialty area and I think he is competent, courteous and very effective. Dr. Wood treats patients with respect. He take the extra time to speak to me from his heart, and he entertains my questions. It is sad to say that "quaks" can claim that they are better able to analyze their condition than an experienced specialist. Well, I fail to support malice; I have first-hand experience with this confident, brilliant endocrinologist. I appreciate his dedicated service to this community.

Submitted July 15, 2014 | flag

My GP referred me to Dr. Woode for thyroid issues. On my first visit, we discussed my symptoms and decided what tests to run, which he only wrote orders for half of. On my second visit, he reviewed my labs and told me I should feel just fine and told me to eat 750 calories each day, which is just plain negligent. He wanted me to have an ultrasound done (because I'm fine!) so I did that. It has now been nearly a month since I had that test done. I called to get the results since I had just recently been in his office and was told that I WOULD HAVE TO MAKE AN APPT. TO GET THE RESULTS! This doctor may be fine if you are diabetic, but knowledge and bedside manner leave much to be desired for anything more than that. I will not be going back as it is obvious that he has no plans to listen to the way his patients feel - you are only a lab value.

Submitted July 11, 2014 | flag

I am very dissatisfied with my appointment today. I have been waiting 2 months for this appt. to check my thyroid. I was very dissappointed with the attitude with the doctor. It was like he was not concerned with my symptoms and he had a smirk on his face like I didn't know what I was talking about when I am the one that is sick. His knowledge on the thyroid is not what it should be.I was asking all of the questions and he told me that thyroid did not cause the symptoms but later said that it did. Which one is it Doc? It was insult to injury on top of sitting in the lobby for 1 hour and 40 minutes. He may good at diabetes but he knows nothing about the thyroid unless I just came on the wrong day. I spent 4 1/2 hours away from work for nothing. I hate that BCBS will have to pay him because the service that I received today sucked.

Submitted July 7, 2014 | flag

My wife went for a consult about Hypothyrodism. Dr. tried to talk to her about diabetes which she is not she is insulin resistant. Told her she shouldn't take cytomel for no other reason than it was harder to regulate. Do no go there.

Submitted May 1, 2014 | flag

Great Doctor with very friendly staff, I am a new patient and so far I have been very please with the services received.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2013 | flag

I was told I needed to make an appointment before they would refill my prescription for Metformin for my type II diabetes's. So I talk to the receptionist to schedule and she tells me either today (which I can't) or there is nothing else available. In other words no prescription. Beyond pathetic.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

My GP referred me to Dr. Woode for possible Adrenal Insufficiency so I began to read reviews. I must say, the reviews had me fearing a dreadful experience. My husband had to remind me that mostly unhappy people complain and that most satisfied people do not think to rate a business. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and professional. The office was extremely clean and comfortable. Dr. Woode listened patiently to everything that I had to say. I have been scheduled for additional testing so I'll know more later. In the meantime, I wanted to be a positive voice amongst the negativity. Nothing to fear as far as the staff and bedside manner of the doc.

Submitted April 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Dwain Woode's knowledge with thyroidism seems limited to whatever the lab tests say is "normal". Dr. Woode has had several opportunities to listen to our symptoms, evaluate our research on thyroidism, and analyze our ongoing symptoms. Dr. Woode’s ability, perhaps willingness, to analyze data doesn’t seem to go below the surface. We have asked multiple times for additional tests to either eliminate or confirm causes for our symptoms. Finally, we demanded the tests we wanted (BASED ON THE RESEARCH WE DID). The results from those additional tests confirmed what we have read, and presented to him, through our research. His unwillingness, or inability, to evaluate the data deeper has prolonged my wife’s condition and has contributed as much stress to the situation as the condition itself. It is our hope that no one else has to go through what we have. Know your TSH levels, Free T3, Free T4, and Reverse T3 to understand how your values play a role in how you feel. Ask Questions

Submitted Feb. 12, 2013 | flag

I had waited almost 6 mths to see this doctor. I have insurance and my copay is 30.00, I realized when they asked for my co-pay that I only had 20.00 on me and didn't have my debit card on me. I had left it at home. I asked if I could call back with my debit card info to pay the 10.00 and the office mgr said no. But that she could put me on the cancellation list, that means another 3 or more months to wait. I couldn't believe that I got turned away from seeing the dr because of 10.00 . It is very sad that a doctor's office would choose money over the well being of a human life.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2012 | flag