Dr. Howard Schanker

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Howard Schanker has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Allergist / Immunologist-related: fever, asthma, hives, allergies, hay fever, food allergy, chemical allergy, insect allergy, drug allergy
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4830506

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 5.0  Respond
RID: 2602597
28/03/13 4 5 5 5 Dr. Howard Schanker is truly an amazing physician. He cares about his patients and takes the time! Excellent diagnostician! He was able to finally diagnosis my food allergy!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1561151
14/10/11 4 5 5 5 Great Doctor!!! ;) Dr. Schanker really takes the time to diagnose the problem!  Respond
RID: 1210392
18/07/10 5 5 5 5 Allergy Medical Clinic is a phenomenal medical group! Over the years, they have helped me so much from my sinus infections to my allergies. Dr. Rita Kachru, Dr. Howard Schanker, and Dr. Jon Corren are very knowledgeable and have the patient's best interest at heart.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 991621
20/09/09 1 4 1 2 Don't expect to see this doctor, ever, after the initial visit or two. He runs an insurance mill, and you get shots by the nurses. And don't dare question added charges - they refuse to explain their bills and refuse to give treatment if you demand an explanation.  Respond
RID: 938914
17/07/09 5 5 5 5 I have being going to Dr. Schanker for about 20 years. He is an excellent physician and is extremely personable and professional. He always makes AMPLE time to talk to me and explain the diagnosis and treatment plan in detail. Whenever I have to see him he always has a genuine interest in my well being and is very conservative--i.e. he disagreed with another MD who wanted to do sinus surgery on me and warned me about some serious issues/side effects that could develop if I had the surgery......I'm glad I listened to Dr. Schanker. I've always seen him be extremely kind and caring to his patients and staff. I highly recommend Dr. Schanker. Also, all of the doctors in Allergy Medical Clinic are top notch!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield