Rate Dr. Jasbir Dhawan

Dr. Jasbir Dhawan's Ratings

Absolutely the most unprofessionalism I have ever encountered. And her husband the office manager needs to be trained in billing. She could not diagnose head cold, very dangerous to see a Dr. Who cant treat patients with visible symptoms. Dangerous, playing with peoples lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2739092].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2015

I do not recommend this doctor to anyone in every aspect.
Doctor Dhawan never goes an "extra mile" to reach to her patients. Never calls back when it needed.
The appointments are setup in such a way that you see the doctor on the same day of the blood work and really nothing to discuss during the appointment. However when the results from the blood work come back, the doctor only places a message on the portal for the patient to reach - no follow-ups, no additional phone calls, nothing. You have questions? – then this is your problem now to get hold of the doctor … and "good luck" on that. : )
I had to setup an additional appointment, literally back to back, to see her again, and to discuss my results.
For working mom, to ask extra time off work - is not as easy as for someone who is at home.
Besides, I had to pay for the additional appointment, which could have been avoided, if she would at least pretended that she cares about her patients, and not only the money.
Even this is possible … doctor does not suggest to a patient to have the blood work done maybe a week ahead of the scheduled appointment, so that patient and the doctor could actually discuss in person the results.
If you run-out of medications and need the doctor to send a refill, - you cannot get hold of the doctor or anyone in the office - at this time you can only talk to the answering machine.
Dr. Jasbir Dhawan is always late in the morning! This is irritating – as a patient, you come a few minutes earlier than your scheduled time, then you sit and wait for another 30 minutes until she shows up, rushing through.
The front desk is extremely unprofessional. High employee turnover. Every time I visit the office, every time new people (teenage girls) on the front desk. Personnel at the front desk has no idea what customer service attitude is, they make mistakes all the time. They cannot handle the simple "walk-in" blood work appointments, and people are just sitting there for very long time without knowing who came first, who should go next, "smart" and "connected" once could easily cut in front of you, etc.
Recently the office moved to a new location, and the doctor could not properly notify her patients about the relocation of the office.
Looks like doctor’s husband is some computer man, who runs around in the office and tries to help the front desk girls to get their ducks in order, setting up printers, monitors, running wires, etc.
Speaking about the IT side of the doctor’s office - extremely inconvenient and poor communication through the portal - now you have to remember another set of user id and password.
The entire environment is a huge mess, organizational wise, but most important is the doctor – WORST in the health industry that I have ever seen. Just AWFUL!
I do not recommend Dr. Jasbir Dhawan to anyone. There are many others in the same area with much more knowledge and professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

She gave me a prescription for apidra and lantus and she gave me samples before I got the prescriptions filled. When I finally go to get the prescriptions the insurance company needed approval to fill it. So the pharmacist faxed the form on Tuesday. Wednesday I went back to get the prescription and they told me they never got the approval from dr. Dhawan. So they resent the form and i called my insurance company and they faxed the form too. I had called the doctors office on Wednesday also and one of the ladies told me that it would be taken care of. Thursday I called everybody again and still nothing and I was still told it would be taken care of. They told me they got the form on Thursday and it is friday now and they still never sent the approval. I called them and they said they would take care of it. I was upset because my blood sugar has been 270 to 350 all day I called again a few hours later and was very very upset because Dr. Dhawan does not seem to care about my life. Now they decide to tell me that it will be $15 for the approval. It has taken 3 to 4 days for them to tell me that it will be $15. I would have been alright with paying but I have been waiting 4 days and then they finally tell me. I will find a different doctor that actually cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

My experienece has been hit or miss, her staff turns often and are so so. She feels rushed all the time, but I do think she cares about my health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

Dr Dhawan is never on time. I've often being waiting over 45 minutes in the exam room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2662044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

Very knowledgable. Best diabetes doc I have seen. No PAs, all appointments with your doctor. Pretty novel concept now a days. I moved to Dallas and work in Arlington and I will go out of my way to keep her as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

Dr. Dhawan was extremely professional and was genuinely concerned abouty health. I was truly impressed with her and have no doubts about recommending her to anyone needing the services that she provides!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Being 20 years in the military I have had my share of Dr. Jeckel's and Mr. Hyde's. She is not only great, but really friendly. The staff was also great to me. Yeah, the office could use some paint but overall I can give an A-. No, she doesn't talk down to you. She just wants to make sure you FULLY understand your condition and if you know all the emergency steps to treat it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Don't waste your time going to this doctor!!! There are so many better choices out there even if it means driving to Plano. Don't waste your time, your money and don't trust your heath ever to this doctor!! She stares at the computer through most of the visit typing and may give you eye contact for a second or two through the entire visit. She talks down to you as if she is so superior to her patients. She has an uncaring attitude and a very ppor bedside mannor. You wait forever to get seen sitting in the waiting room and than the patient room and it is such a waste of time!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

To begin, the office staff (receptionist, medical assistant/Nurse) are very unprofessional and do not know how to interact with patients in person or over the phone. Also, the office needs to be renovated as it appears dirty, dark and outdated. These comments may appear to not be important as they are not related to the service the physician provides but in fact these issues play a vital role in how the physician and practice are perceived. Because she is the only Endocrinologist in Frisco I have no choice but to continue seeing her however I will not refer family or friends to her practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957916].votes_count ]]