Rate Dr. Jasbir Dhawan

Dr. Jasbir Dhawan's Ratings

Very knowledgable. Best diabetes doc I have seen. No PAs, all appointments with your doctor. Pretty novel concept now a days. I moved to Dallas and work in Arlington and I will go out of my way to keep her as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

Dr. Dhawan was extremely professional and was genuinely concerned abouty health. I was truly impressed with her and have no doubts about recommending her to anyone needing the services that she provides!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Being 20 years in the military I have had my share of Dr. Jeckel's and Mr. Hyde's. She is not only great, but really friendly. The staff was also great to me. Yeah, the office could use some paint but overall I can give an A-. No, she doesn't talk down to you. She just wants to make sure you FULLY understand your condition and if you know all the emergency steps to treat it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Don't waste your time going to this doctor!!! There are so many better choices out there even if it means driving to Plano. Don't waste your time, your money and don't trust your heath ever to this doctor!! She stares at the computer through most of the visit typing and may give you eye contact for a second or two through the entire visit. She talks down to you as if she is so superior to her patients. She has an uncaring attitude and a very ppor bedside mannor. You wait forever to get seen sitting in the waiting room and than the patient room and it is such a waste of time!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

To begin, the office staff (receptionist, medical assistant/Nurse) are very unprofessional and do not know how to interact with patients in person or over the phone. Also, the office needs to be renovated as it appears dirty, dark and outdated. These comments may appear to not be important as they are not related to the service the physician provides but in fact these issues play a vital role in how the physician and practice are perceived. Because she is the only Endocrinologist in Frisco I have no choice but to continue seeing her however I will not refer family or friends to her practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2013

The most important thing is that Dr. Dhwahan seemed very knowledgeable about the medications I needed to address my blood-sugar issues and I have been able to reduce my insulin and have better sugar readings than I did before. She also got right on top of a high-calcium issue, ordered scans on my thyroid and parathyroids, which revealed a tumor that is now being addressed, so she probably saved my life. I did not have an issue with any rudeness, as mentioned in other reviews, but perhaps she is a little more brusque than some of my other doctors.......I think this is just a cultural difference. Now, I have a totally different take on the medical assistants in her office. On my first visit I was absolutely grilled by a young lady who did not seem knowledgeable, and was asked the same questions repeatedly. She had to take my blood pressure several times and, honestly I'm not sure if she ever actually got a reading. The phlebotomist who drew my blood was great - no pain :).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

Overall I am happy with Dr. Dhawan. She works and talks fast but listens and knows her stuff. My main complain is the wait time. You will wait at least 30mins in the waiting room. The office staff could be better but I do love the fact that Dr. Dhawan herself calls you back if you have a question rather than a nurse. That is rare! Actually I don't think the staff has nurses, I think they are all medical assistants. Readers and other reviewers need to realize that. Lots of medical offices operate with MA's. I went to get a second opinion from a top notch doctor from UTSW and she agreed with everything on how Dr. Dhawan was treating me. I am doing well with my thyroid issues and that is what matters the most at the end. So I will continue having Dr. Dhawan as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2013

Extremely unprofessional staff over the phone (should have been my first clue).Nurse didn't know how to take blood pressure. Unprofessional demeanor by doctor, both attitude and verbage. Would not recommend any one to this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957913].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

Front office not professional and held checks for long time. The doctor was always in a hurry and told me everything was ok then later during the month I end up in the er.. Not only that but she made me feel like it was all mental when I know the sickness. I have found a good doctor now that has found some tumors are in bad shape SOMETHING DHUWAN FAILED TO TELL ME>!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2013

Staff is unknowledgable and uneducated. Nurse asking me questions mispronounced words and didn't know what some of the questions meant. Doctor acts like you're bothering her by asking questions or wanting followup. Poor poor poor. Do not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1957911].votes_count ]]