Rate Dr. J. Richard Emery

Dr. J. Richard Emery's Ratings

J'ai été très satisfaite du Dr Emery pour deux services. Le premier a été le retrait d'une dent de sagesse. J'ai été endormie pour l'extraction et l'opération tout comme le rétablissement se sont très bien déroulés. J'ai ensuite subi une chirurgie d'avancement de la mâchoire du bas et le tout s'est très bien déroulé à ce jour (j'ai été opérée en octobre dernier, il y a six mois et mon rétablissement est complet). Dr Emery est très sympathique, son équipe également. J'ai été si satisfaite car j'ai su trouver l'information pour mon rétablissement post-chirurgie sur différentes sources internet. Je ne m'attends pas à ce que mon chirurgien soit mon soutien principal à ce niveau, toutefois, une amélioration qui pourrait être faite est d'inclure des conseils post-chirurgie à son site web. Comme le résultat est fabuleux, je le recommande fortement.

Submitted May 18, 2014 | flag

Dr.E removed my wisedom teeth years ago. He was very friendly and professionnal. I had no pain or any problem at all. He made sure he would see me a week later to verify the healing. I recommand him.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2014 | flag

Maxillo Vendome has to be the best place to get mouth surgery done.I went in for a BSSO + Lefort 1 advancement. In non medical terms this is when they bring the top jaw forward and the bottom jaw back. I did this due to me having a cross bite and under bite that needed to be fixed. The surgery was an absolute blast, I am not****ting you when I say I had an amazing time getting this surgery.. The surgery itself was 7.5 hours, I had 11 screws put in various different locations in my jaw. My chin was also brought out as they thought it would be to recessed. I had no pain, no discomfort to the point where I did not need to use painkillers or morphine in the hospital or at home. Recovery took 4 weeks and it was an absolute blast. All the issues I had where quality of life(Sleeping, eating). IMO Dr. Emery is the best Jaw Surgeon in Montreal if not Canada. The man is an absolute stud of a surgeon, he takes his time and is extremely meticulous. This is not a job for Dr. Emery, its his passion

Submitted Feb. 14, 2013 | flag

Not recommanded at all. When I had a very painful postop problem, not only did I have no idea the complication existed (while drs are suppose to tell you about usual complications), well on top of it, Dr. Emery and his staff were "too busy" to take me in fast enough, even when I had ben to thé emergency for too much pain. I had to self-diagnose my bad case of 4 Dry Sockets off the internet! ( I dont smoke, just bad luck i guess but the pain was horrible! Woke up at night crying!!) His staff was MOST unhelpful, even mean at times... Not my fault the only thing That helped was him filling the home directly with meds: couldnt do That myself! And this fix is only temporary! Had to go back 3 times and cry everytime the bandage would fall because the horrible staff wouldnt want to help me. Found out dentist are not paid for follow-ups and complications... Makes sense. MY ADVICE: find a dentist who cares about his patients.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2011 | flag

Please read if you are planning to do a maxillofacial surgery. I did my maxillofacial surgery with Dr. Emery. I needed both jaws to be moved and enlarge my upper jaw by a little. Positive comments: I am able bit normally. Nothing else I can say. Negative comments. Lack of explanation and preparation for the surgery. When I woke up if was not what I expected at all, the swelling and discomfort was worse. The ortho and Dr. Emery lack communication. One doesn't know what the other is doing and if one is changing something about our jaw, the other plays dumb. I ended up needing a second surgery (redo) and I noticed the problems in my jaw and made him aware, I did his job. Did I mention that post surgery you are under the care of interns at the hospital that just don't know what they re doing at all. I also have a lot of post surgery problems. I don't want to get into details, there are minor, but i was not made aware of any of them. Don't do your surgery with this doctor.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2011 | flag

Very Nice doctor and punctual!, dr. Emery took out m'y wisedom teeth and i had nô problème. Hé explained very well and his staff was extremely friendly. I recommend.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag

He was the doctor that took out my wisdom teeth when I was an adolescent.

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag

Did not properly explain complications. Always seemed to be too busy to really help with difficult postop problem. Knowledgeable yes, but unhelpful. At least no swelling or bruises after surgery... Known to be a good surgeon and that is true from my experience. The receptionist was rude on multiple occasions. Never before have I experienced this type of lack in true intrest in my case from any health care member before.

Submitted July 15, 2011 | flag