Rate Dr. Carlo Panaro

Dr. Carlo Panaro's Ratings

All I can say is Thank you Dr. Panaro. It took 3 years to get my GP to get me into an MRI for the pain in my left hip, but after the Dr. who was giving me my 3rd Cortisone shot stated that he thought there was something more than chronic bursitis, I insisted that more investigation was needed. I waited almost a year to see Dr. Panaro, he was running late but he's a busy guy and my experience with any specialist one needs to be patient. His examination was gentle, he gave me a choice of surgery or a life time of doing what I was doing with pain control and Cortisone shots. I chose surgery and I am thrilled with the result. Dr. Panaro was very cautious when giving me a 50% possible success but I was confident that I would see 90% but anything was better than what my life was like at the time. Dr. Panaro's bedside manner was kind, realistic and confident, he treated me with respect with a great sense of humour. He asked to follow me for a year after the surgery because he did some cutting edge surgery on my hip and he would like to see what improvements are sustained past the initial 6months. I'm so grateful for Dr. Panaro and his expertise, I can walk for more than 30 minutes, I can push a shopping cart again, I can lift my grandsons, I can stand long enough to cook a meal, I can sleep without having to get up every 2 hours for a pain killer. Dr. Panaro you are the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2014

I went to Dr. Panaro's office today to get my staples removed, I was very nervous but fortunate to have a nurse who removed my staples with basically no pain! I was told they call her Gental Judy! Before I knew it they were all out! I think anyone visiting this clinic who is nervous should request Gental Judy!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

My meeting with Dr. Panaro was not a positive experience. He was extremely late, rushed through, was condesending in his attitude to the point of almost being rude. He ordered some further tests and is taking months to meet with him to go over the results. My understanding talking to nurses from the hospital is that to him it is all about cramming in as many patients as possible. All about the money, not about the person. He may be skilled at what he does, but he needs to slow down and improve his relationship with the patients. His bedside manner sucks. Don't think that taking months to see him is about him being the best. It is because he is taking on more than he can handle properly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr. Panaro is a great doctor. He fixed my broken wrist which was in 10 pieces. Now, my wrist is nearly perfect. It has little pain and good motion. Thanks Dr. Panaro

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

On October 30, 2013, Dr Panaro performed a complete hip replacement on me. I have to say that he was so kind and understanding. He listened to everything I was concerned about. This hip replacement was required from a farm accident that resulted in a couple of tears. Initially I was quite terrified to have this surgery performed so was not Eager to go through with the surgery at that time. I left his office and dealt with the pain and ongoing deteriation of my right hip. When the pain was unbearable and of course arthritis set in I called him again. Surgery date was set and I arrived at the edmonton hip and knee clinic as planned. Dr Panaro performed the surgery. My stay at the clinic for the following three days was not acceptable. Most of the staff were terrible. Absolutely terrible care for more than 80% of my stay there. There were a couple of really good nursing staff but not many. For three days I was never offered even a face cloth to wash. My pain meds were forgotten fit over nine hours. On day three I finally tried to shower totally unassisted and the nurse would not help at all. I was given a hand towel to dry off. I would have to rate the Edmonton hip and knee surgical facility at less than a single star.
With that being said, this should not reflect on Dr Panaro. His care and knowledge was second to none. The results of my surgery are wonderful. My new hip has changed my life. I walk totally without any symptoms. No limp. Nobody can even tell I have ever had hip replacement surgery. It will be a year on Oct 30th and I am fully enjoying life again. I am even back horse back riding. I thank Dr Panaro for giving me my life back.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2565838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Outstanding physician. Will go the extra mile to help his patients. Always available to answer questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2537886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Very kind and thoughtful doctor. Quite busy - so I wish he had more time to answer questions but I am confident he did a very good job.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2532747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Very busy doctor, but then again he is one of two Drs in Alberta that specialize in hips. I had to wait but thats ok, he was worth it. We are lucky to have him in Edmonton.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

After waiting 45 mimutes I felt like I was rushed in & out. He was very disinterested & made me feel like I was inconveniencing him. Because of this I am very stressed about the surgery. I can only pray everything goes well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2489489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2014

I had a very bad fall, crushed my heal and broke my wrist and had some tendon damage in my foot, Dr. Panaro did surgery placing 8 screws and a plate to reconstruct it all. Very grateful for good Dr’s like Panero, he also has a great team. Waiting times are sometimes extended at check up appointments, that’s because he has to deal with many patients. If you have any questions for him make sure they are short and to the point he is a busy man. After almost 4 months I'm very happy to finally be walking again. After researching my procedure and having gone through it all I know, Dr. Panaro did a great job. Knowing i had a great Dr. made my bad injury experience more bearable.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2473294].votes_count ]]