Rate Dr. Carlo Panaro

Dr. Carlo Panaro's Ratings

Dr. Panaro is a great doctor. He fixed my broken wrist which was in 10 pieces. Now, my wrist is nearly perfect. It has little pain and good motion. Thanks Dr. Panaro

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

On October 30, 2013, Dr Panaro performed a complete hip replacement on me. I have to say that he was so kind and understanding. He listened to everything I was concerned about. This hip replacement was required from a farm accident that resulted in a couple of tears. Initially I was quite terrified to have this surgery performed so was not Eager to go through with the surgery at that time. I left his office and dealt with the pain and ongoing deteriation of my right hip. When the pain was unbearable and of course arthritis set in I called him again. Surgery date was set and I arrived at the edmonton hip and knee clinic as planned. Dr Panaro performed the surgery. My stay at the clinic for the following three days was not acceptable. Most of the staff were terrible. Absolutely terrible care for more than 80% of my stay there. There were a couple of really good nursing staff but not many. For three days I was never offered even a face cloth to wash. My pain meds were forgotten fit over nine hours. On day three I finally tried to shower totally unassisted and the nurse would not help at all. I was given a hand towel to dry off. I would have to rate the Edmonton hip and knee surgical facility at less than a single star.
With that being said, this should not reflect on Dr Panaro. His care and knowledge was second to none. The results of my surgery are wonderful. My new hip has changed my life. I walk totally without any symptoms. No limp. Nobody can even tell I have ever had hip replacement surgery. It will be a year on Oct 30th and I am fully enjoying life again. I am even back horse back riding. I thank Dr Panaro for giving me my life back.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2565838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Outstanding physician. Will go the extra mile to help his patients. Always available to answer questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2537886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Very kind and thoughtful doctor. Quite busy - so I wish he had more time to answer questions but I am confident he did a very good job.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2532747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Very busy doctor, but then again he is one of two Drs in Alberta that specialize in hips. I had to wait but thats ok, he was worth it. We are lucky to have him in Edmonton.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

After waiting 45 mimutes I felt like I was rushed in & out. He was very disinterested & made me feel like I was inconveniencing him. Because of this I am very stressed about the surgery. I can only pray everything goes well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2489489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2014

I had a very bad fall, crushed my heal and broke my wrist and had some tendon damage in my foot, Dr. Panaro did surgery placing 8 screws and a plate to reconstruct it all. Very grateful for good Dr’s like Panero, he also has a great team. Waiting times are sometimes extended at check up appointments, that’s because he has to deal with many patients. If you have any questions for him make sure they are short and to the point he is a busy man. After almost 4 months I'm very happy to finally be walking again. After researching my procedure and having gone through it all I know, Dr. Panaro did a great job. Knowing i had a great Dr. made my bad injury experience more bearable.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2473294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr. Panaro reattatched my hamstring after I suffered a complete tear last year due to a bad fall. It was not easy to find a Dr. Who would perform this surgery and especially on someone my age and physical condition. He was professional, honest and I am forever greatful for the use of my leg once again, I could not imagine going through life without surgery. His bedside manner was excellent, he was very patient to answer all my questions and concerns. I highly recommend this gifted Dr. , without him, I would not be able to continue to work the career I love and would be in great pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2207432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

If you need an orthopedic specialist then Dr. Panaro's the guy you hope you'll get. He's smart, friendly, knowledgeable and takes the time to answer your questions. Due to a misdiagnosis at a medi-centre I missed the window for surgery on my fully ruptured Achilles. Dr. Panaro has gone the conservative healing route for my recovery and he is so fantastic and reassuring. This isn't my first time dealing with specialists so I know this guy is amazing. His staff are terrific as well. We are so lucky to have him in Edmonton.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][152190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2014

Had hip replacement surgery almost a year ago and have never felt better. Dr. Panaro is an excellent surgeon but takes awhile to get in, blame that hospital boards.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][152189].votes_count ]]