You may also like

Rate Dr. Eric Baum

Dr. Eric Baum's Ratings

Only look at the negative reviews. It's possible he was compatible with that patient. Maybe she has the same demeanor as him. He's evil and gets revenge. Sick, sick person. Doesn't know God; wait until judgement day comes for him. Paid him to put a cap on a tooth which he made it too big and pushed my good teeth to the left. Then I noticed he thinned out the tooth next to it. Lied and said he filled a cavity for my daughter. Three dentists said she doesn't have a cavity in her mouth. I got letters stating my daughter did not have a cavity in that tooth but the statute of limitations already expired. He took my money for which there were no services rendered and ruined my teeth. He's been defaming me with respect to other medical doctor offices and dental offices. He only cares about money but then he does things to give you other dental problems. An evil person. Stay away from this Dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2817837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Horrible, pompous,arrogant, mean to his staff... Run!!!! There are many good drs- he is not one of them

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2793393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I previously left a positive review about Eric Baum. It's unfortunate that some may think a positive review may come from Eric's office. I teach English; I don't work in a dentist's office. I came to this page today to get Eric's number -- I had lost it. I have a toothache. Called, as usual, and, as usual, the always-helpful appt staff worked me in just three hours from the time I'm writing this. Regarding the comments about Eric being inappropriate in the way he communicates with patients: people are not accustomed to being dealt with in a direct way. Bright people are often very direct, and Eric is bright. If you want consolation, visit an undertaker; if you want excellent dental care without the bullsh*t, visit Eric Baum. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I was shocked at being talked to so rudely by a professional. I have had extensive work done over the past years by good dentists who never spoke to me rudely about my teeth but were kind, caring and thorough. I will not be seeing this dentist again. People who are already nervous about visiting the dentist don't need this kind of treatment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2589477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][152286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2013

We went to Dr. Baum when we first moved into the area. Every time he examined my children he said they had cavities. He was charging a lot and did not take my insurance. I asked around and got a referral for another dentist. I take my children every 6 months. They have not even had one cavity with this new dentist. This leads me to believe that Dr. Baum was saying they had cavities in order to fill them and charge. I wish we never went to him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][152284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2013

Dr. Baum has been treating me and my wife for five years. We can't be more pleased. The doctor who others here are writing about is not Eric Baum. Charges about his being less than forthcoming or being rude are outrageous and out of line. Dr. Baum uses the most sophisticated technology, state-of-the-art techniques, and does it all with ease and confidence. Twenty-four hours ago, my wife lost a crown that was about six years old. Dr. Baum saw her immediately and resolved the issue. It is true that, while Eric is soft-spoken, he is quite direct, but always kind, in his communication style. The other comments here about Dr. Baum ruining healthy teeth and being preoccupied with piling up patient charges are simply beyond the pale. If you're considering choosing a dentist, I urge you to regard these comments with the greatest skepticism. Both my wife and I are faculty members at SUNY-Stony Brook and have access to the best care available. Eric Baum is the best; he has a record to prove it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

I agree with the negative comments. Those positive comments are probably from the people who work in his office. Had a cap put onto a tooth and he was thinning the tooth next to it. Discovered it after he put the cap onto the other tooth. He yelled at me when I requested an itemized receipt for services rendered which I was supposed to receive since I don't have dental insurance. He ruins your other teeth and lies about the dental work you need. Don't recommend this dentist; he can't be trusted. I don't know how he gets away with the way he practices dentistry.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][152285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2012

I would definitely recommend Dr. Baum. He has been treating myself and my family for many years now. He is gentle and the office is very modern. I have recommended several friends there and they are always happy as well!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2012

You won't find a better dentist anywhere...and if I, Mrs. Scared to Death, can say that, it must be true....patient, caring and considerate....what more could your teeth ask for?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152281].votes_count ]]