Rate Dr. Eric Baum

Dr. Eric Baum's Ratings

Submitted Nov. 14, 2013 | flag

We went to Dr. Baum when we first moved into the area. Every time he examined my children he said they had cavities. He was charging a lot and did not take my insurance. I asked around and got a referral for another dentist. I take my children every 6 months. They have not even had one cavity with this new dentist. This leads me to believe that Dr. Baum was saying they had cavities in order to fill them and charge. I wish we never went to him.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2013 | flag

Dr. Baum has been treating me and my wife for five years. We can't be more pleased. The doctor who others here are writing about is not Eric Baum. Charges about his being less than forthcoming or being rude are outrageous and out of line. Dr. Baum uses the most sophisticated technology, state-of-the-art techniques, and does it all with ease and confidence. Twenty-four hours ago, my wife lost a crown that was about six years old. Dr. Baum saw her immediately and resolved the issue. It is true that, while Eric is soft-spoken, he is quite direct, but always kind, in his communication style. The other comments here about Dr. Baum ruining healthy teeth and being preoccupied with piling up patient charges are simply beyond the pale. If you're considering choosing a dentist, I urge you to regard these comments with the greatest skepticism. Both my wife and I are faculty members at SUNY-Stony Brook and have access to the best care available. Eric Baum is the best; he has a record to prove it.

Submitted March 19, 2013 | flag

I agree with the negative comments. Those positive comments are probably from the people who work in his office. Had a cap put onto a tooth and he was thinning the tooth next to it. Discovered it after he put the cap onto the other tooth. He yelled at me when I requested an itemized receipt for services rendered which I was supposed to receive since I don't have dental insurance. He ruins your other teeth and lies about the dental work you need. Don't recommend this dentist; he can't be trusted. I don't know how he gets away with the way he practices dentistry.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2012 | flag

I would definitely recommend Dr. Baum. He has been treating myself and my family for many years now. He is gentle and the office is very modern. I have recommended several friends there and they are always happy as well!

Submitted Aug. 24, 2012 | flag

You won't find a better dentist anywhere...and if I, Mrs. Scared to Death, can say that, it must be true....patient, caring and considerate....what more could your teeth ask for?

Submitted July 4, 2012 | flag

He is arrogant and rude. Treats his patients like children. He told me I had 14 cavities. Got second and third opinion, I had ONE not 14!!!!!! I dont believe him to be honest or sincere.

Submitted May 8, 2012 | flag

Went to his office for dental work. This dentist is only interested in money and not providing any dental services. Lies about what procedures you need. He attempts to ruin your other teeth in order to make other dental work. Yells like a nut and very belligerent attitude. His staff is nasty and phony like him. I wouldn't trust this dentist.

Submitted July 14, 2011 | flag