Rate Dr. Keith I. Block

Dr. Keith I. Block's Ratings

My good friend is on his 3rd go around battling cancer. He has used Block Center for this time and the last. When the center was smaller and in Evanston he received excellant treatment through caring and concerned doctors, nurses, therapists and staff. This time it has been a nightmare! Can't get any answers, we get conflicting information no follow up. It is only him and his sister. He is too ill to fight with the staff and his sister can't get anywhere with them. He has wound up in the hospital twice with dehydration and not one person followed up or returned calls on this. The last straw was when after 2 days of calling and getting no call back, he called a 3rd time and was told he was no longer a patient! He was to ill to argue. His sister was told he didn't need potassium added to his hydration and then later was told by the service that supplies the hydration that the potassium was ordered. All this happened I believe the same day. He gets his treatment, they take his money and that's it. I am writing this here out of total frustration. I can't get involved with the center as I am not a patient or family member.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

When I was 47 years old, I was operated on for Metastatic Stage 4 Malignant Melanoma. It was the fall of 1991. Everyone that I met with the same condition at that time has died a long time ago. I am here today (2013) because of the hope and treatment, which I received from Dr. Block. That appointment turned out to be the most important appointment I ever made. While my oncologists had predicted a short life, Dr. Block gave me HOPE. I took his advice and today, 23 years later, I am in good health and looking forward to being witness to my grandchildren's milestones. He gave me hope and I left our first meeting feeling that he genuinely cared and wanted to help. Of course, I had to do the work but it sure helps to know that what you are doing can have some pretty awesome results. He saved my life - what more can some one ask from a doctor? The gift of life cannot be measured by any rating scale! If you have cancer - make an appointment..today!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Very unhsppy with this center after several mistakes were made in regard to my health care. I feel the need to warn people to stay away. I have much experience with cancer treatment and health care. At first the center seems pulled together, quite a bit is a facade and after some time everything began unraveling. I was put on 2 medications that I didn't need, I waited an extremely long time for a chemo drug, a month and a half, I know they let it sit for at least a few weeks. I never received calls in a timely fashion, follow up terrible and all pertinent information was not shared with me. They have a disorganized confused system, the nursing staff is generally caring and knowledgeable but there seems to be a lack of organization, leadership and there was never a go to person for me so I was often left hanging. Facts and information from Doctors conflicted and also wrong. I've since moved to another health care system and feel very confident and at ease with the system.Please stay away

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2012

I have been going to the Block Cancer Center for over a year and a half. I do not think that I would be doing as well as I am if it were not for Dr. Block and his staff. This is a truly integrative center that I feel so lucky to have stumbled upon. I have been to both The Cancer Centers of America and the oncology center at Northwestern, and they were awful compared to my experience at the Block Center. Everyone is super knowledgeable and helpful, and if they do not have an immediate answer, they get back to me right away. As far as the other ratings that complained about punctuality, I think it is unrealistic to expect everyone to run on time when it comes to dealing with cancer treatment. No matter where I have gone for appointments or treatments in the past, I was made to wait beyond my appointment time. The Block Center is an amazing place, and I would never venture to go anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152296].votes_count ]]