Rate Dr. Mark Dickeson

Dr. Mark Dickeson's Ratings

Dr Dickenson done for me colonoscopy and hernia repair .He is high professional ,very knowledgeable surgeon and kind and patient person.I am very happy that my family doctor sent me to him and recommend him to everyone who want to be in good hand

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2688229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2015

This dude has patient service dialed. very approachable, good listener, clear and concise communication. I cannot comment on his knowledge per se, but i'm very pleased with my interaction with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2686666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Excellent experience. I was looking forward to my Gall Bladder removal anyway, but Dr Dickeson made me feel completely at ease and everything went without a hitch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

I found Dr. Dickeson very friendly and knowledgeable. He made me feel at ease within a few minutes at our first meeting. The colonoscopy went well and polyps were removed. I only needed a followup consultation by telephone. He called promptly at the time scheduled and all is well. I recommend this Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2207475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Just met him today. Really freindley and knowledgable. I'm glad my family doctor sent me to him. Really nice and explains everything carefully. Alexis her office assistant was also very helpful land freindley. Thanks very much doctor for everything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2207474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I saw Dr Dickeson for a colonoscopy and surgical removal of polyps. Very kind and patient in explaining everything and making sure I understood. He has an amazing, very professional manner in what can be an embarrasing procedure and put me at ease. Also took time for a very thorough follow up. I certainly feel lucky that my family doctor recommended Dr Dickeson. Cant recommend highly enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2207473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I had an unexpected surgery after I visited the emergency room at Burnaby hospital. Dr. Dickeson found my problem through C.T. scan and set up surgery on the same day. If I had gone through the normal procedure (family doctor or walk-in clinic - tests - referral to specialist - more tests - diagnosis - treatment), it could have taken months. I'm glad I went to ER and met Dr. Dickeson who's so efficient in problem solving. He's not only knowledgeable but also patient enough to answer all your questions. A very pleasant experience despite of the ugly facts of surgeries. He's very busy, working most of the time at the hospital, but I was still able to see him at his clinic after the surgery for follow-up. If you ever meet him, you should know you're in good hands. Highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

So disappointing when the post op appointment is booked 3 weeks after surgery (I believe the time frame was to be 2-3 weeks), postponed to 6+ weeks after surgery and they've postponed again to 7 weeks after. Beginning to wonder if it will ever happen or if there will be another call re another postponement. Why bother saying 2-3 weeks if it is more than twice that, at the least. And what about what is going on? If something needs more fixing will it be harder to fix? Is the 2-3 week pot op app't even necessary if it is so easily & repeatedly delayed?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2014

Dr.Dickeson performed my Umbilical hernia surgery at BBY General Hospital. The good doctor was friendly, informative and dropped by my bedside, pre and post surgery,to discuss the operation. I found him to be thoroughly professional and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking a competent surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2013

Like the others I thought Dr. Dickeson was great when I first met him, prior to having my gallbladder removed. He was friendly, informative, explained everything and answered all my questions. My only problem was *after* the surgery. It would have been nice if he had stopped by the bed to tell me how the surgery went. When I called his office a few days after surgery, I was told if I had further questions to see my family doctor, and if it was an emergency go to the hosp. emerg. I couldn't talk to the doctor again. At least now I understand why the stuff they tell you about what the after effects will be are nowhere near the truth. They read it in a book. How can a surgeon know about after effects if he/she doesn't see the patient a week or two later to find out what's going on?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][152756].votes_count ]]