Rate Dr. Mary Hanna

Dr. Mary Hanna's Ratings

I had the worst Pap experience by Dr Mary Hanna. After the first instrument she used wasn't working for her she decided to shove another enormous one in. It was painful and brought me to tears. She made me feel like it was my fault because I couldn't "relax". I have had several other paps at woman's clinics with no issues. My few visits with her she was hard to understand because of her accent and also didn't take my concerns very seriously.

Submitted July 27, 2014 | flag

What a severe disappointment. i move to dartmouth from out of province four years ago and use a walk in clinic. i was assigned a doctor who left not long after. then another who was good, but left too. so i was assigned mary hanna as my new doctor. My first meeting with her left me saddened. She was difficult to understand due to her accent. I needed her to repeat things often. She mostly stared at me with a blank look. Was unsure if she was thinking or asleep. How to tell? I had a great family doctor in toronto for 20 yrs. having not had a full physical in almost 5 years i booked one with her. Explaining clearly it was for a full physical. She was late that day. then finally came in, i wasnt asked to put on a gown or undress or anything. She said "pull your shirt up". She listened for mere seconds to my chest, took my blood pressure. She asked me to lay down and tapped my stomatch twice and said we're done. i questioned no eye check, throat,prostate etc etc. very bad doctor. im looking

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

Infection control,not acceptable.being a medical professional myself,I saw the vaginal clamp inserted in me during my papsmear not wrapped in a disposable sterilizing pouch.I was furious.This is Canada.The whole world look up to its high infection control standard.Ladies, demand that before they insert anything inside you, ask if that thing is individually wrapped in a sterilizing pouch.They just keep it under the drawer,who knows if it is really sterilized.The medical center I used to work with, individually wraps them in a disposable pouch,to keep it from dust,they were sterelized along with Biological Indicator,and date the pouch,so that when its not used within 3 months,the sterilization assistant will reopen them put them in a new pouch,resterelize,date them and keep them in the drawers.

Submitted May 14, 2013 | flag

I went to Dr. Hanna as a walk in after a car accident. She walked in,didn't say a word. Due to her unprofessional attire I wasn't aware she was the doctor until she asked me why I was there. I explained the accident and issues with headache/neck/back stiffness. She directed me to tip my head left/right, sat down and wrote out a prescription for muscle relaxants saying there was nothing wrong. She asked what medications I currently take, I couldn't answer about one(admittedly my fault), but I explained what type, what it was for - she simply looked at the paper, smirked and shook her head. She pushed me out the door with the prescription for medication I cannot take due to a conflict with an illness that I made her aware of. I was rudely told take the pills or not. My decision. I could not believe a walk in doctor can be so rude/careless. Needless to say, I still have pain and am thankfully seeing my GP this evening.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2012 | flag

I moved to halifax a few months ago and started seeing dr. hanna. I've seen her about 4 times so far and each time my opinion of her goes downhill, I'm now looking for another doctor. The language barrier concerns me, I have to repeat things for her consistently and I feel like she doesn't understand me judging by her non-verbals and attitude. I have asked for referrals to a couple different specialists and it takes her office months to just send the referral to the specialist (I spoke with the specialist and they said the had just recieved the letter a few days ago, when I had asked for the referral 2 months ago. Also dr. hanna's office can't keep track of your records and blood work-I had blood work 1 month ago and they cant find any papers about my results, and the blood clinic insists they have sent them back to dr hanna's office a few days after I had blood taken. Don't waste your time on her-look elsewhere

Submitted Aug. 31, 2012 | flag

After being treat rudely by the lady at the desk I was put in a room for 30 minutes with no contact finally feed up I left only to receive a threat of a bill, called to complain and was told I would be called back I did not get a call back all this and I still have not even meet the doctor ... and never will how much do you charge a doctor for two missed appointments ... please you let everyone know and you never ever go back

Submitted Aug. 16, 2012 | flag

I had the worst experience of my life with Dr. Hanna. She did my PAP test and after 45 minutes with an instrument caught inside of me and leaving in tears. She told me to take a tylenol the next time before the test for pain. I have never in my life experienced this kind of discomfort or pain during the same test. Dr. Hanna was rude to me and told me to learn to relax. Thank goodness there was nothing wrong on my test but I think she needs more training in dealing with woman.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2012 | flag

I find her rude and not at all helpfull, I am in search of another doctor

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag

I seen Dr hanna for the first time today as my other doctor is no longer there..She walked in the office and I thought she was a cleaning lady until she sat down in the chair..She may have spoke two words to me my whole visit..I felt as if I were talking to a wall..I thought that was very rude and unprofessional..I would never go back to her again..NOT EVER...Why do people like that go into that field when they cannot even talk to a patient..I was flabbergasted..I would not recommend her to anyone..I am not surprised that she is taking new patients..all the good doctors aren't..

Submitted March 23, 2012 | flag

i find Dr. Hanna to be very thorough. She grilled me like a steak to investigate my condition. I appreciated this, unlike other doctors who just prescribe and push me out the door. She is kind and seems concerned.

Submitted March 14, 2012 | flag