Rate Dr. Darryl Young

Dr. Darryl Young's Ratings

I went to Dr. Young with a torn rotator cuff and he did a great job! He was kind, caring and understood my difficulties.I would return to him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

After all the horror stories I heard about rotator cuff surgery, I expected the worst. However, except for the first 3 days being in terrible pain, everything else went smoothly. Only 2 months out & I'm ahead of schedule in my physiotherapy. My scars from arthroscopic surgery are almost invisible. I've gone from taking painkillers everyday to taking one Ibuprofen maybe once a week. He is friendly & professional & I recommend him every chance I get.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2207536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Misdiagnosis of injury. Didn't take any time to review anything. I took my business elsewhere. Don't understand the fabulous other reviews??

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][153215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2014

Dr Y is a great surgeon; caring, compassionate and SUPER knowledgeable. He is one of those youngster surgeons keeping on top of the scientific literature and mastering new surgical techniques in the management of upper limb injuries –in my case, the elbow). He will go the extra mile to put your limb(s) back in business! (Thank you for that by BTW) But like every AMAZING surgeon, he is also very unavailable (I don’t think that man sleeps much…): this means that Dr Y wouldn't and couldn’t be so good at what he does without his awesome secretary Colleen. She will call you back in a flash and with a smile, and will try to answer all of your questions with patience and energy! At a time when the health care system is so saturated, it is nice to feel like a patient and not like a number. A great team really :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Doctor young is by fAr the best. he is veRy personabLe and takes the time tO explain all the medical jargon in eaSy to understand termS. my tibial platEau is doing much better Now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2012

Dr. Young did the surgery on my broken ankle. He was really nice, knowledgeable and attentive. Took time to answer my questions, even came to see me a couple times while I was waiting for surgery in the ER's triage corridor. I'm extremely satisfied with his service. The only thing that is just a tad irritating is that he charged me $40 to fill in ParaTranspo application form. To me this service should be free, just like any other referral letters that doctors are responsible for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2012

Dr Young is a knowledgeable, personable, helpful doctor. His schedule tends to run behind, however this I heard is fairly common for orthopedic doctors. His staff are detailed, friendly and very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

Rotator cuff surgery, healing nicely. Follow up visit was very helpful, informative, answered all questions and not rushed. Very relaxed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2011

Very personable and caring orthopedic surgeon. Did a great job on my shoulder.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153209].votes_count ]]