Rate Dr. Alvin Rossman

Dr. Alvin Rossman's Ratings

brought my daughter to Dr.Rossman about 6 yrs ago. He was the 4th ortho I consulted with who was willing to adjust just the top teeth.. they looked great until she stopped wearing her retainer a couple years later.... taking my son there now and they are looking great... same price as before and 1/2 price or less of the other ortho I went to a consultation with who was going to do the same thing - but wanted to extract teeth, which I believe is best not to if you don't have to. Yes he is rather demanding but I like that he's always super punctual...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2207595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

I've been taking my daughter to his office for a few months now and am just starting to feel comfortable with Dr. Rossman, his style is different but once you are use to him it's better. He has some great staff, the lady at the front is a sweetheart, very kind and accommodating. He also has an associate, I believe from Brazil, who is very professional, gentle and allows you to understand what exactly is happening plus she really make you smile. Smiles are important when you see an orthodontist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2207594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Dr. Rossman is incredible! I got amazing results with my teeth. His approach to braces is more like art rather than science, but he surely is a great artist. His communication style needs some getting used to - he can be abrupt and perceived as rude by some, but he is always efficient and straight to the point. Don't expect british politeness from him and you will be fine. He and his staff went out of their way to accommodate my schedule and my special requests and I definitely appreciate that!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2013

Dr.Rossman is not just rude to his staff, he is simply abusive. He can give them 3 tasks at the same time, often confusing, and then make them look like fools in front of their colleagues and patients. I have been seeing him for three years, and over this time at least five assistants left, others just came and were gone shortly. He can drive them to tears. At times his manners and comments about his staff and other dentists are unethical. Trying to control his staff'?s every movement, he forgets about his patients. If a doctor treats his staff this way, he does not really care about other people. I would guess the reason why people still stay with him is because he does not charge much. But I would not recommend starting treatment with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153955].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

We always look forward to going to his office, almost always no waiting, he has plenty of staff. He may be calling his one staff multiple times in a matter of minutes for a new task or to "(name) come back here" almost in a singing tone. My husband, me and my daughter who is going to these appt. (braces) get a kick out of him calling his one assistant many many times. Every one in the office is pleasant to talk to. From the receptionist to his assistants and of course Dr. Rossman himself. I actually recommended him to a friend for her daughter who is getting her braces treatment now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2013

Dr Rossman is REAL! both my kids went to him - each for 2 courses of treatment - was as planned. He is direct, and to the point (what comes out of his mouth is true) He says the way it is and yes, he shows patients what happens using his patients - we are all in the same boat - if you dont want to participate in that, then you would not be forced to. I am extremely happy with all he has done for our family. He does not try to turn you into a cash cow - I have sent friends to him as well - they are also happy. Some orthodontists want to deliver perfection - at a cost of $25K, Dr Rossman provides realistic alternatives and outcomes for the budget you have. His office is run very efficiently - you never wait for long - he is on time, and expects his staff to be eff icient for the benfit of the patients. Some ppl may veiw him to be abrupt with his staff - but I vewi it as having standards that they need to live up to -I see nothing wrong with that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2013

Don't go - bad experiences - wish I had stopped before I started

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

We are returning to Dr Rossman after quite a few years. This is my second and third child getting braces and our experience the first time is the reason we are coming back. With our first child we had a consult done elsewhere and he was quick to take our money and throw braces on our ten year old daughter!We then had a second opinion from Dr. Rossman, who felt strongly that our daughter was too young and asked us to come back in 6 months. We saw him twice a year for two years, before he actually put braces on her ( not charging us once for those appointments!) He has currently given us two treatment options for each child, as one of my children will be paying for his own braces. I really feel Dr. Rossman cares about his patients and not so much about how much money he is going to make! I just hope he is still practicing when my last two kids need braces!! He definitely is a character but he defintely grows on you!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Dr. Rossman is very rude to his staff and his vision is going. He will call on a staff member dozens of times under his breathe before they arrive, even though he has given them a task already in which he can't remember. This is one example of why it is extremely irritating to be a patient and I'm sure to work there as well. One day when he was grinding glue off my teeth and I think he was grinded off more tooth then actual glue, also talking the whole time and not paying much attention to what he was doing. If he makes a mistake he places automatic blame on his staff right in front of his patients. He seems to be becoming slightly senile and clearly can't see well. I'm sure at one time he was a good dentist, but at this point I think he really needs to retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Rossman is incredible. My favorite for sure. He treats you so well, truly cares about his work and can joke around with you at the dame time. He made me feel very comfortable and i actually looked forward to seeing him and his staff. Highly recommend this team of awesome folks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][153949].votes_count ]]