Dr. Luis G. Quinonez

Rate Dr. Luis G. Quinonez

Dr. Luis G. Quinonez's Ratings

My daughter had surgery just before her first birthday! We could not have asked for a better doctor. He was so kind and caring. He made it so easy to talk to him and to trust him. We had no doubt in our mind after talking to him that our daughter would be just fine...and two years later, we still thank him for saving our precious girl.

Submitted May 18, 2014 | flag

Last month, I underwent heart valve replacement sugery at the hand of Dr. Q. What struck my initially was just how down to earth he was during our first visit. Though very busy, he took the time to thoroughly answer all of my questions. He displayed genuine concern for me as a person, and did not view me or my situation from a purely clinical perspective. That said, he displayed great clinical skill (in addition to outstanding care). He is very meticulous in the work he does. When the bandage came off and I viewed the incision for the first time, I could not believe how clean a job he had done. No staples, no tape (both of which I had experienced last time from another Dr....this was my 3rd such surgery). It was very clean. Also, because my procedure was over the holidays, he even took the time to come in on New Year's Day (which fell on a weekend). I was very imprressed by that. This Dr. deserves full marks, both as a clinician and as a human being. Thank you, Dr. Q., for everything!

Submitted Jan. 27, 2012 | flag

Dr. Quinonez performed a COA surgery for my 2.5y old son on Oct.24 2011 at Stollery Edmonton Children Hospital. Dr. Quinonez is a relatively young surgeon but very knowledgeable and helpful. His best manners are definitely his friendly and helpful approach and willingness to answer all your questions before and after surgery. He visited my son every day after surgery for our 8 days stay at the hospital including weekends to check how was he doing.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

We are very blessed that we met Dr. Quinonez. He performed open heart surgery on our daughter Ivet.He is amazing surgeon ,high knowledgeable , friendly and very helpful in explaining every detail of the case. Even thought he is very busy he takes time to visit our daughter every day. Every doctor can learn from his great personality . Big thanks from the deep of our hearts. You gave new life to Ivet .God bless you

Submitted Aug. 21, 2011 | flag

Dr quiñonez performed heart surgery on our 5 year old daughter Anna. He is an amazing doctor!! It was very hard for us to have to watch our daughter go through so much but he made it much easier on us by Providing extra time to explain everything In person about what to expect . Both before and after surgery, he was always there to answer any questions we had and to make us feel very comfortable with the situation. He also came to Anna's room for friendly visits both before and after surgery, she just loved him :) we are very thankful for dr quiñonez ,we believe he was sent to us for a reason, to save our daughters life :) Thanks again Dr quiñonez, you are truly a gift from God!!

Submitted June 30, 2011 | flag

I am so grateful to have Dr. Quinonez for my surgeon! I really appreciated the extra time he took to explain what to expect and how he answered all my questions with great care and compassion. He is extremely knowledgeable! I can't tell you how much I appreciated his visits everyday to the Cardiology Unit after my ASD Repair surgery. He really took the time to listen. Not only did he calm my fears before going into surgery, he calmed my fears before leaving the hospital.He is a Life Saver! His assistant Liz is wonderful! She explained things with ease and always kept me well informed. She does an amazing job too!

Submitted June 7, 2011 | flag