Rate Dr. Ramin Safakish

Dr. Ramin Safakish's Ratings

I had my Radio Frequency done 4 years ago and have had no pain since. I can't thank Dr. Safakish enough. Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year

Submitted Dec. 20, 2013 | flag

Saw Dr Safakish Sept 2013 for chronic TMJ/neck pain. Everyone has raved about him here, but my experience was mixed. He briefly read over the pain form I filled out in front of me; don't know if he read the other documentation my family doctor sent over as part of the referal; while he did ask my medical history he didn't do any physical examination of me which surprised me; the 2 other pain doctors I've seen did detailed physical examinations. The main treatment he offered was lidocaine infusion which I'm not convinced is right for me. That being said he didn't push it - he said think about it and gave me a one page brochure on it. He did seem to have a more holistist approach to pain medicine and suggested I see their osteopath which I've agreed to. Anyways, the jury is still out for me as to how good a doctor he really is.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2013 | flag

Dr. Safakish has been a life saver for me. I had tried every other treatment option except surgery. The treatments and RFA have provided the only relief. While not 100% pain free, it makes it livable. Dr. Safakish is kind, knowledgable, and skilled.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2013 | flag

Very knowledgeable and the most caring Dr. I have ever had. He is genuinely interested in helping you. I have chronic back pain (after herniated disc and 2 surgeries.) He has run through several procedures until we found the right one. It is too bad that he moved from Chatham to Toronto. We lost a great Dr. but he kept his former patients and I am more than willing to go there to see him. The front desk if very very busy/harassed but it is a very busy clinic shared with other professionals. The nurse was very helpful and friendly. The Dr. explains everything he is doing and is concerned about any discomfort you many be experiencing. He is patient and answers all of your questions. Even though he is a busy Dr. is takes the time to focus only on you.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2012 | flag

Dr. Safakish persisted in finding the nerves cut in my appendectomy and has helped me out of years of pain. He is a gifted human being and a spectacular doctor. I asked if my son, aspiring to be a doctor, could watch a procedure on me and it was a life changing event for him - the man is a brilliant Teacher too. He takes the time to cover options, a working diagnosis and is someone who I would very highly recommend if you have chronic pain.

Submitted June 20, 2012 | flag

This rating is for my first session and I will update as I go in. I have been living with back pain for the past 5 years. I have tried everything and I mean everything there is except to see Dr. Safakish. I was recommended to see him by a nuero surgeon and Im glad I did. His staff is very very knowledgable and he is very pleasent and down to earth. He explains everything as he knows that you understanding pain and the process is very important.

Submitted June 19, 2012 | flag

Cannot ask for a better caregiver than this Doctor. He understands pain better then any other Doctor I have ever come across. If you have pain and he can't help you I am not sure if anyone can. I know a number other people that see him and they have nothing but praise. The phrase miracle worker comes to mind when speaking about the quality of life he gives back to his patients.

Submitted May 26, 2012 | flag

EXCELLENT DOCTOR! VERY CARING AND CONSIDERATE AND DOES VERYTHING IN HIS POWER TO MINIMOIZE THE AMOUNT OF PAIN YOU ARE EXPERINCING.

Submitted April 17, 2012 | flag

I had the pain block done In Aug 2011 and it's worked fore me.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2012 | flag

Dr.Safakish is one of the most caring compassionate Dr's I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.Anyone who has chronic pain knows the importance of being treated with dignity and respect and understanding.After seeing Dr.Safakish and his great team and being treated successfully for chronic neck pain I cannot say enough positive things about him.I have been to many healthcare professionals over the years but have never met a doctor who sincerely cares and understands the pain that I suffer with.In my opinion Chatham Hospital should be ashamed for not appreciating the quality and expertise Dr.Safakish brought to our community.Our loss is certainly Toronto's gain. I will definitely travel the distance to receive the quality care he offers.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2011 | flag