Rate Dr. Utah Zandy

Dr. Utah Zandy's Ratings

I have been rereading through the comments by other patients and question the validity of some of the extreme negative statements. Given the very polarized view and a single visit, I would question how someone can find Dr. Zandy incompetent with one visit. After several years of using her practise I have never seen the behaviour in the waiting room nor office that would support these views. I have consistently found Dr. Zandy to be careful, deliberate and thoughtful in all of my experiences so I find it hard to accept these very extreme statements as valid. I have always found the staff courteous and efficient but then I schedule my appointments and have not used drop in appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2643790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

I have only met the Dr once at a meet and greet appointment..I have to say I have never been treated more rudely ..I was treated in a most innapropriate and aggressive manner ..and I am thus mighty relieved she will not be my gp.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

Myself and my family have been Dr Zandy's patient since she took over the practice from Dr Bueckert. I'm also a long time resident on Bowen and I found her very caring and compassionate. she is a fantastic and knowledgeable doctor who I recommend to everyone. we are so lucky to have her as our family doctor. Although her west Vancouver office is a short commute but I wish she could spend more time on Bowen Island.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

I have also never known Zandy have positive reviews. She is extremely judgemental. Incompetent and will make sickly people rebook for mer physical exam in town at her other office and or refuse to touch patients or help others in need of help with simply changing a bandage at the end of ber shift. Something that is very big deal. Her staff has nothing but negative comments and she has almost given kids a wrong prescription and dosage which could of been lethal. She assumes thing's about people and is either warm or cold. I have Maybe only had her act really nice once. The rest was a rush.
She has made lot of my friends and family cry.
Hardly anyone likes her. But shes a last resort and only one two doctors who work part time on island. I believe these postive reviews are fake due to 1 or 2 outta 10 will freak out over her name. She also usually stays glued to her computer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614172].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

As a long term resident who knows a lot of people on the island, I am surprised by the high reviews. I have never heard a positive comment about this doctor in person. My personal experience backs up the negative comments. This doctor seemed more interested in billing for a visit than actually dealing with my health. Even told me one visit I can only talk about one ailment. If more then make another appointment. I think she spent more time looking at her computer screen than at me. I finally decided t find an off island doctor who has been fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2560377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

In the last 25 years that I have lived in Canada, I have three doctors and Dr Zandy's is by far the most caring, knowledgeable and competent doctor I have had. We are so fortunate to have her on Bowen Island!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

She is a very knowledgeable & a very caring person. She's a definite asset! Bowen Island is far richer to have her services! I only wish she was here more than 2 mornings a week. She even makes house calls to the very infirm, an almost unheard of service these days!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2207889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I have found Dr. Zandy to be very professional and competent. Dr.Zandy remembered and took an interest in all the issues I had to deal with. She takes very detailed notes and accurately tracks all the referrals she has made for me. Her appointments have been on time and only once she had to cancel for a personal emergency, and I was phoned and alerted and rescheduled. I have found her staff always considerate and helpful. I am grateful she is serving patients on Bowen Island.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][157493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][157495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2013

Dr Zandy is the most compassionate doctor you could find. I feel very fortunate to have such a competent and knowledgeable doctor. She is very understanding, through and caring. She takes time to explain everything and listen to everything you have to say. I always feel that she truly cares about people not just patients. Dr Zandy has helped me a lot in the past two years with my chronic condition and never rushed me knowing I may need an extra time. I Love this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][157492].votes_count ]]