Dr. Jason Morrison

Dr. Jason Morrison

Rate Dr. Jason Morrison

Dr. Jason Morrison's Ratings

A critical component to getting on the road to recovery and wellness was the help given through CBT. Dr. Morrison took the time to give practical ways to work through anxiety and helped me to view myself and mental ilness in a more positive light. He worked with my family to provide support when needed, and was proactive in working with me to create a plan for what do when certain symptoms would arise. When I had questions that were not his specific area of expertise, he would consult with other physiatrists. This showed he took my concerns seriously, and that his top priority was patient care. His approach was to address the immediate mental health needs, and to over time, help me in recovery. I will always be thankful for the excellent care given to me and my family.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

Jason comes across as being very kind and approachable, but underneath he's set in his way to the point that his rigid nature impedes his ability to understand patients and make proper assessments. He often uses manipulation tactics to make patients say what he wants to hear and then focuses only on those points in order to make diagnoses, while completely overlooking other crucial facts. He'll not only ignore patient concerns and belittle them with a kind smile, but he'll attempt to dismiss expert opinions as well. In working with him, I have come to know that he's wonderful at getting back to patients and really tries to put in effort to make a difference in their lives; however, Jason's ego drives his commitment to mental health so it's best to leave your opinions at home.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2014 | flag

I agree with all the previous posts. He has saved my life to say the least. At first I felt like he was stiff and formal, but now that I have been seeing him for 2 years I can really say that he is knowledgeable, thorough, approachable, and caring. He is personable, he talks with me like I am a real person, recommending movies and talking about music. He listens to me and I feel that I am in charge of my own recovery. He prescribes medications when needed but also tries other approaches. I am now doing better now than I ever have been since my diagnosis, greatly in part to Dr. Morrison.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2013 | flag

Upon meeting Dr. Morrison it is clear that he is professional, intelligent and thorough. While these are excellent qualities to have in a psychiatrist, there are other qualities that emerge over time. While he can initially come across as having a bit of a poker face emotionally, do not let that intimidate you from continuing care with him. Over time it is clear that he is kind, understanding, concerned, and genuinely wants to help patients and families. If you are fortunate enough to have Dr. Morrison as your psychiatrist, count your blessings and use his expertise to increase your knowledge and to help towards the path of recovery. He is truly a great psychiatrist, and the NSEPP is lucky to have him.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2013 | flag

After a few years of sorting through the health care system, non-profit support groups and private resources - all with a very serious mental illness, I can tell you that Dr. Morrison is a gift to his patients. Not everyone will be able to give a great review of his services, as we are all at different points of the mental health roller coaster but as a fully recovered patient I can tell you that he is very well informed, educated and real. I continued to reach out to him after I left his care, because of the trust and respect that was built. If he lets you see it, he even has a good sense of humor. Hopefully more doctors with a passion and ease like he has will come along. So many people suffer around us everyday, and there are not near enough resources.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2012 | flag

While it takes a while to build a relationship with Dr. Morrison, he is knowledgeable, thorough, kind, understanding and respectful. He can come off as very rigid and unapproachable, but this feeling goes away after seeing him a few times. He provides insight through CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), and genuinely wants his patients to do well. He prescribes medication moderately, and understands the importance of talking and addressing thinking and behaviour. He is open for discussion about different treatment options, and encourages patient input. Exceptional psychiatrist.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2012 | flag