Dr. Jose L. Rodriguez

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 20/04/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Jose L. Rodriguez has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.0
RID: 2084846
27/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rodriguez is a wonderful doctor. Smart and kind. Neurosurgery is very frightening, yet he puts you at ease. His office staff is professional while still being very caring. I highly recommend Dr. Rodriguez.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

20/04/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "POMONA" to "UPLAND", Med School changed from "Univ Of Ca, Irvine, Ca Coll Of Med, Irvine Ca 92717" to "University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine"

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jose" to "Jose L."
RID: 1757733
18/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rodriguez diagnosed a herniated disc in my back. I have had pain in the back and buttocks, but he felt I should wait a while to have surgery to see if I get better without surgery. I have made improvements after a number of months, but I think I will ultimately need the surgery. The take home message is that he did not just recommend surgery. I trust his decision and recommendations unlike other doctors who may firmly suggest surgery as the only option. He's a very nice man and I trust him.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1440370
13/05/11 5 5 5 5 Best Doctor His work is so precise and accurate. He is a perfectionist which is why I have never needed back surgery again. I will always be so incredibly grateful for him. I had not walked for a month before the surgery and the next day after the back surgery I was up walking. This was years ago and have never needed surgery again and my back is doing very well.My biggest thanks for the Doctor that saved me.  Respond
RID: 1091740

28/01/10 1 1 1 1 One of the worst MD I've ever had the displeasure of encountering. This MD couldn't come up with a diagnosis for my grandmother for more than a week, and after I got the diagnosis from the RADIOLOGIST, I asked him about some of our options as far as letting her go (she's 84 y.o). He simply shrugged us off, and said "we'll go day by day." He would not communicate with us (family members) throughout our entire stay at the ICU, and when we would ask questions, he became very irritated and told us he has to see other patients. We were so unhappy with him, he decided to move our grandmother to UCLA where they told us that she had been misdianosed. They knew this within 24 hours when she arrived at UCLA, and we're considering different treatment. Please avoid this "doctor" at all cost, and oh, we've already consulted with a malpractice attorney, and he told us we have a strong case against this clown.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 389129
20/08/07 5 5 5 5 Awesome Doctor he was very informative and helped me a lot. Another plus even though I have a back injury he was not surgery happy.
Insurance: Pacificare