Rate Dr. Dan M. Gafni

Dr. Dan M. Gafni's Ratings

***ATTENTION*** STAY AWAY from this dental practice at all costs. I went in for a routine cleaning, exam, and X-rays on and ended up with a falsified proposed $800 treatment plan. Dr. Dan Gafni said I needed a crown and that I should be on "code red" pain alert when I didn't feel anything of the sort. I asked him to look again more closely. Upon looking, Dr. Dan Gafni said "oh, it looks like it's just 2 different filling materials, but I'll have to go in and explore it anyway as well as explore other teeth". Had I not been more inquisitive, this Dr was going to perform expensive work that was not required. This misdiagnosis is SCARY. To think that a dentist would try to lie to you to earn money is Sad and Horrific. I did not trust his analysis nor recommendation after determining he was trying to Scam me so I asked for a copy of my records and X-rays so my former Dentist could lend their expert opinion. I was told I have to pay $150 for my own personal medical records which is excessive and not industry standard. However, I was informed by 3 staff members in the office that if a dentist with an established patient record of me calls and requests the records, they have the Right to their patient's information, findings from exam, and x-rays for FREE. When I asked my former dentist to request the records, Dental Brothers attempted to charge $75. Clearly I was lied to so I called the office manager Josaphine and she told me "I'm not going to argue with you, it's $75 to assign someone at the office to email 6 X-ray pictures and a PDF of the exam findings, we did the exam and x-rays for free for you" then she hung up on me. The truth is I paid money for the cleaning, exam and X-rays. There is no clause that said hidden fees, processing and service charges may apply. Josaphine was extremely rude and undermining. She would not listen to me and she acted immaturely speaking over me at all times. Clearly this office does not want anyone with dental expertise to re-evaluate their findings at this practice. The AZ Dental Board is notified of the misdiagnosis incident and will be investigating this practice. PLEASE PROTECT YOURSELF AND STAY AWAY. I cannot express enough how scary this situation is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492164].votes_count ]]