Dr. Jose A. Lopez

Foreign Lang: French

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Jose A. Lopez has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does this doctor performs colonoscopy?    Email me    Answer it

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5587639
29/06/14 5 5 5 5 This was my first surgery so I admit I was pretty nervous. I made an appointment with the Norman Parathyroid Center, where all they do is parathyroid surgery. Once again I was a bit nervous when the hospital called me to confirm my appointment was with Dr. Lopez, since Dr. Norman heads the practice. Turns out my concerns were completely without merit; just had the surgery two weeks ago and couldn't be happier with the job done by Dr. Lopez! He's an extremely skilled, walking encyclopedia when it comes to parathyroid disease, and he kept my brother (who accompanied me) informed of all the details of my procedure. Later, Dr. Lopez called me on the cell with more info and customized advice. They (both Dr. Lopez and Dr. Norman) found TWO tumors and removed both, which I don't believe would have happened if I went to a local surgeon here in New Jersey. I couldn't be happier and would highly recommend Dr. Lopez and the center to family, friends, and anyone who has parathyroid disease.  Respond

07/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.0
RID: 4730614
04/02/14 5 5 5 5 I had my parathyroid surgery yesterday at Norman Parathyroid Center at Tampa General. Dr Lopez did my surgery And HE WAS WONDERFUL! ?uch wonderful people took care of me. I talked with Dr Lopez a few days before surgery. Had a nice conversation the day of surgery, and he called me at home yesterday evening. Couldn't ask for better care. Would recommend any family member with Parathyroid Disease to go to the Norman Parathyroid center.
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jose" to "Jose A."
RID: 2916403
17/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lopez really went out of his way to inform me of every detail for the parathyroid surgery for my wife, Evelyn, and to make her feel secure and comfortable. Anyone who needs the Parathyroid surgery must go to the Norman Clinic, they are the best and most experienced in the world and they did an amazing procedure for my wife, Evelyn. The staff is extra friendly, efficient and will help you with any concern or problem you may have. Thank you Dr. Lopez!!
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $2000
Respond

19/06/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2669017
03/06/13 5 5 5 5 I had parathyroid surgery 4 days ago at the Norman Center at Tampa General. If you have been diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism, look no more, the Norman Center is the place to go. Dr. Lopez and Dr. Politz are skilled surgeons in this field and this is all they do. I had hip pain for years and the day after surgery, the pain is gone. I can't say enough about the Drs. and the excellent care I received. I am very thankful.  Respond
RID: 2646798
12/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lopez is wonderful. He is the most caring surgeon I have ever met. He is certainly tops as far as I am concerned. He not only gives his cell phone number and follows up with patients the evening after surgery, but he also said I could call him later if I had questions or concerns.
RID: 2597850
23/03/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lopez thoroughly understands hyperparathyroidism and it's appropriate treatment. His expertise makes the process of having surgery and recovering from it a very positive experience. I traveled from New Jersey for my surgery and my treatment exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Dr. Lopez and his partners to anyone facing hyperparathyroidism.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2498244
12/12/12 5 5 5 5 Had surgery on 62912 and everything went like their website stated. Felt better immediately after surgery. Great surgeon with a good bedside manner. Would recommend to everyone!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1696622
25/01/12 5 5 5 5 The care was great and he was wonderful. I would recommend him to anyone with parathyroid problems.
RID: 1504756
05/08/11 5 5 5 5 outstanding service and very skilled...the best treatment you could ever have... they are the best!!  Respond
RID: 1414638
13/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lopez and his team are just wonderful. Thank you.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield