Rate Dr. Maxine Wong

Dr. Maxine Wong's Ratings

I got medication from Dr Wong, while she did explain the side effect of it. Nevertheless, after googling the side effect and consulting with my family doctor to confirm, I realized Dr Wong has only given me partial information. She was not interested in listening to my short description of symptoms, and does not have much additional information provided afterward. Lack of social skill, for sure, and does not give me any confidence at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I found Dr Wong very friendly and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2208600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

I am a teenager with moderate acne. Dr. Wong was unprofessional and non-sympathetic; I say this because she was literally whispering and had poor eye/body contact. It seemed as if she just wanted to have my appointment over with. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she knows her information about acne and different treatments, however, she did not bother to listen to my history with my skin and rushed to diagnose me. Dr. Wong continued to tell me that the reason a certain gel didn't work, was because I PROBABLY USED IT WRONG. Dr. Wong's assumptions made me very frustrated and makes me want to find a different dermatologist and I definitely would not recommend her. Additionally, after being requested to bring in the products I have tried, she did not take one look at them when I insisted to show her. Although I have not tried the medication yet, and even if it works, I will hesitate to go back as being in her office dampens my mood greatly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][82718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Wong helped me uncover high levels of DHEAs which not even my family doctor was able to answer my question all these years, but it has much implications to heart/hormones. It was the first test she did. Staff is very helpful in rearranging appointments. She speaks cantonese and english, not sure if that is helpful for anyone to know. She listens to all my quesitons and takes time to explain what it means, and would make further referral if required. I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][82717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2012

definitley lacks people/social skills and professionalism; when she first came in, didn't even bother saying hi/intro. herself. she walked in WHILE making a call for another patient/herself and when she was done she just asked 'whats wrong' when she had my file infront of her. can BARELY hear her when she speaks, its like shes whispering to herself the entire time and scared you might hear her. doesn't speak to you directly, speech wanders off..very hard to understand esp when shes explaining big terms. at the end, didn't really get anything out of it, she doesn't really explain anything to you (i'm not a doctor, i didn't know what all the big terms she used meant)..had to specifically ask her to explain in detail what things meant, when my other specialists knows a patient isn't a walking dictionary. fastest appointment i went to with a specialist in my life. not helpful. knowledgable but doesn't know to convey to patients. i won't be going back to see her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][82716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2012

I've had most pleasant exeperience having done some procedures by Dr.Wong Her knowledge, professional and gentle attitude put me at ease and procedures I've had performed by Dr.Wong produced results that I'm fully satisfied. Thank you so much doctor! Robert Gryz

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][82715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2012

Thorough and contemporary, instilled confidence

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][82714].votes_count ]]