Rate Dr. Dawn Anthieren

Dr. Dawn Anthieren's Ratings

I don't see her on the CAAA member directory or the AFCI member directory. How is this so?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558911].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy, a dysfunction of the facial nerve causing an inability to control facial muscles on the left side of my face. Friends and family recommended that I try acupuncture to expedite recovery. After doing some research, I decided to go to Dr. Dawn Almberg at New Balance Acupuncture based on her No. 1 rating amongst Acupuncturists in Edmonton. I recovered remarkably quickly compared to other Bell’s Palsy patients that I know of. I am convinced that Dawn’s holistic approach to healing and superlative acupuncture and medicinal knowledge and skills contributed to my rapid recovery.

It is easy to appreciate all the favorable reviews from Dawn’s patients. Dawn is a very gentle. kind and generous soul; a great listener and very deft at putting me at ease. She begins each session with an assessment of my overall condition and wellness, covering all the major bodily functions as well as my emotional state. She keeps very meticulous notes and charts my progress carefully. Dawn is very skilled with the insertion and manipulation of the needles, and where they are most effective. The heat lamps, background music, dimmed lighting, aromatherapy scents, comfortable surroundings and Dawn’s healing touch all add up to a very restorative and relaxing experience.

Dawn is very generous with her time, my sessions typically run longer than the allotted time. Dawn has never hinted that I should sign up for additional sessions. When she learned that I had upcoming surgery that would require me to be in a face down position for a period of time, Dawn made arrangements to lend me a massage table to help me through my recuperative phase. What kindness and eagerness to help others!

The facility is centrally located with lots of free street parking. The inside is very clean, warm, relaxing and appealing. There are no concerns with cleanliness, hygiene, or any other issues. No review would be complete without paying a compliment to Lorraine who is the receptionist at the facility. Lorraine is simply a wonderful, warm, genuine and caring person who is very good and efficient at her job.

I have been highly recommending Dawn to all my friends and acquaintances. I am very grateful and appreciative to have met Dawn and benefitted from her remarkable healing skills. You will find that Dawn is genuinely passionate about helping others heal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Very knowledgeable and friendly. I would highly recommend Dawn to anyone who is nervous about trying acupuncture.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][162671].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2013

I have been seeing Dawn as needed since 2007. She has treated me for stress and low energy with great success. Most recently I asked Dawn to help me with ovulation (my husband and I are trying for our second child). After three treatments, I have a positive pregnancy test!! I am positive that without Dawn's acupuncture treatments, this would not have happened. Thank you Dawn!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][162670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

She REALLY listens and is a very skilled communicator to probe further to find the root of the symptom. Would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][162669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Dawn at New Balance changed my life forever with those little needles... I walked into her acupuncture clinic as a last hope at finding relief for severe depression, which I have experienced for over 20 years. And after only 2 treatments, I feel like a brand new person!! Words can't even explain the 'night & day' difference in my mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing. Dawn is amazing at what she does. She is a kind and beautiful soul, generous with her time, and makes you feel very well taken care of. She spent about 15 minutes talking with me before I had even booked an appointment. Thankyou so much Dawn for 'tweaking' my energy, and quite possibly saving my life... :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][162668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2012

Have been going to Dawn for 3 years off and on. She is so easy to talk to. She offers suggestions and continues to help you solve any health concerns you may have. She does not rush you but makes you feel like you are the only person she has to care for. I would definately recommend her to anyone wanting to feel better from the inside out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][162667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2011

Dawn is very compassionate, knowledgeable and proficient. Her peaceful demeanor puts you at ease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][162666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

Dawn is very knowledgeable and confident in her profession. She is very accommodating and easy to contact for any concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][162665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2011

She was very knowledgeable, helpful and reassuring (it was my first time getting an acupuncture treatment). The office is warm and welcoming, and she does an excellent job at putting people at ease. Would highly recommended her to anyone considering acupuncture.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][162664].votes_count ]]