Rate Dr. David Thow

Dr. David Thow's Ratings

Amazing doctor takes the time to listen to you keeps you activate in your medical care, Jennifer is amazing and friendly. I couldn't ask for a better family physician and for the comments below about bad bedside manners is wrong I think he has great bedside manners. 10/10 Thanks Dr Thow and your amazing staff...Tamara

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Great dr. I've been with him now for many years. Very caring, a little on the dry side for bedside manner (very frank) but I like that over sugar coating! 4/5 stars. His regular office person isn't always nice, but the new one covering for the old one is sooooo much nicer!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][164722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2013

Dr Thow is an extremely professional and caring person. He is compassionate and takes all the time you need at every appointment. No problem is too minor for him and he always finds a solution for your symptoms. Dr Thow is very thorough and orders tests to keep current on his patients' health concerns. Thank goodness he came to Oshawa!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][164721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

i would not recommend dr thow, i find him to be very judgemental and often times hurtful and rude...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][164720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Thow since he came to Oshawa. I have always been treated with the utmost respect by him and his staff. He is interested in my health and well-being, is compassionate and kind and always offers a smile when he comes into the room. He is very thorough and listens to me carefully. I am also extremely happy he has moved to the Oshawa clinic downtown and has Monica, his nurse practitioner there with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][164719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2012

Dr. Thow's secretary is beyond rude. Thow is DISMISSIVE & today when I went in to have tests run for long-term exposure to black mold, he handed me papers he printed from the INTERNET!!! My daughter & I went in together at same time & he billed for 2 visits & he offered NO TESTING of ANY KIND although mold can cause emphysema, cancer & mental illness. HE IS A DISASTROUS DOCTOR that I wouldn't trust with a gerbil. He de-listed us & now we have NO DOCTOR! What happened to universal health care in Canada? It is a joke & so is this so-called "doctor". My advice is to STAY AWAY from this doctor. In my opinion, he is DANGEROUS.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][164718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2012

We thank God for Dr. Thow and staff. My husband & I have been his patients for 5 years & are more than pleased with him in every way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][164717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2012

Dr Thow what can you say. He is on time most to a of the time. The staff change too much, and his current assistant is very cold. I find it funny that my old doctor has a better rating then Thow. I think he is a god doctor but I agree he is not always very helpful, although we have not see eye to eye in my case I have to say the lst operation I had was because of his network, and was the best thing that has happened to me. So do I wish he listened more (yes) do I wish he took more time (yes).... Put overall happy wit him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][164716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2011

I was a walk in pt and of course had to wait my turn. I Finally saw Dr. Thow and he was irritable and rude. I have been to this clinic before and been treated well.I felt like I was given the bums rush and well as treated like a fool for not imediately telling him what meds I WAS ON.I did tell when he gave me a chance. He didn't once look me in the eye and in fact I felt like I was inconveniencing him. We are new in town and my old Dr. is in Toronto. I know it's not that far to go but I knew I couldn't get an appt with him right away. I thought that's what a walk in clinic was for. Anyway the long and short of it is, I have never been treated so badly by a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][164715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2011

Dr.Thow was pleasant when I first became his patient and determined to figure out what was wrong with me...he would order blood work and/or refer to specialists if needed. As time progressed,I noticed a change in his attitude(even with a pre-cancer diagnosis,he didn't feel it was necessary to contact me)I also found out from another doctor of another condition that he felt no need to inform me of. I would also see him as a walk-in for which he would give me heck (that I should've made an appt as he can't address what I went in to see him for in a few minute appt)Just recently (within a couple of months)I made an appt to see him and he ignored what I was telling him and believes it to be in my head. I'm now looking for another doctor who will actually listen to what I am saying...they say the one who knows you best is yourself. I know there is something wrong and a reason for my pain and it's not in my head. Staff and his punctuality is great though. I only ever sit a few minutes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][164714].votes_count ]]