Rate Dr. Amer Hussain

Dr. Amer Hussain's Ratings

I had a consultation with Dr. Hussain and I was not very impressed. The treatment options he gave me were both a full year longer than what other orthodontists had given me. I waited for over two hours past my appointment time. I did not find Dr. Hussain to be professional at all. The "exam" consisted of him looking into my mouth for a quick second, compared to the other orthos I have seen who gave me proper exams, including a TMJ assessment. The cost was almost double what I was quoted by others. The girl who did my x-rays was really nice, but I found the receptionist to be more concerned about texting on her cell phone than helping people. The receptionist was quite rude to me when I first walked in and she thought I was a current patient, but as soon as I told her I was in for a consult her attitude completely changed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2704313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

My daughter just finished treatment with Dr. Hussain and we have been very pleased with our experience. It took us 16 months to finish her braces and her smile looks amazing. Dr. Hussain is very caring and spoke with me when ever I needed to talk to him. We couldn't have asked for a better place to go. I have no hesitations recommending him to all our friends.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2666969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

I am a invisalign patient with Dr. Hussain and my son has brace with him as well. We have been pleasantly surprised with the overall process. We are able to schedule our appointments together and that makes it very easy for us. Dr. Hussain is very knowledgeable and caring. My son always has good things to say when we leave our appointments. I also have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Hussain and his team. Both of our teeth are looking great. I tell all of my family and friends that if they want their smiles better they have to see Dr. Hussain.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2664217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

I am very happy that we went to Dr. Hussain for invisalign for myself. I went to 3 other clinics and 2 of them said I wasn't a candidate and the third was a general dentist who said he could do it but I was doubtful since 2 other orthodontist said I couldn't do it. I am happy that I found Dr. Hussain on the Invisalign site and he was recommended to my by a friend as well. He said we could do the invisalign and it looks amazing. I am so happy that I found him. I would recommend him to everyone that is thinking about getting Invisalign. He is amazing at what he can do it with it. I love my teeth so much!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2663626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2014

We were extremely impressed with Dr. Hussain. We took both our kids to him and they loved going there. The girls always welcome us when we come in and remember the kids everytime. Both my son and my daughter went through their braces really quickly. Their teeth look amazing and we always get compliments from everyone that see's their new smiles! Dr. Hussain is amazing and so caring. We are very happy that we took our kids to see him. We have two more to go and they will be going here as well. They always make my whole family feel welcome when we are there and I love that the kids actually enjoy going there!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2662917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 25, 2014

Very pleased with the doctor and staff for the most part I do find it very difficult to schedule appointments as they are always in different offices. I understand he is trying to expand his business quickly but maybe should figure out a way that patients don't have to travel all over edmonton to get an appointment. I have kids in school and I hate them missing school. The office is not open before 9:00am and there lunch time appointments are hard to get into and always seem to run late. Not sure I would recommend them to families who have tough schedules.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2662032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

Dr. Amer Hussain's response
Hello, thank you for your comment. You will be pleased to know that in the new year our hours will be from 7:00am-5:00pm. We will do our best to work with your schedule and get your kids in either before school, lunch time or after school. We are also keeping the all offices open now to allow patients to be seen more conveniently. We hope these improvements will help make it easier for families. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email us at info@pureorthodontics.ca or phone us at 780-800-0402.
Happy Hollidays!

Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

We went to Dr. Hussain because we saw him on CTV morning news and he seemed very knowledgable. He was also great to meet in person. He explained what was wrong with my teeth and was very kind. I had a great experience with the girls in the office as well. Katie was so nice and always remembers me when I come in. I don't have to wait very long for appointments and my teeth don't hurt very much after the appointments. I am only 6 months into my braces and my teeth already look amazing! Thank you guys so much, I feel so much more self confidence when I smile now and I'm not embarrassed in photos anymore. I tell all my friends about Dr. Hussain and Pure Orthodonics.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2661170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

Dr. Amer Hussain's response
Thank you for your comments! We are glad to hear you are smiling more now, that makes us smile too!

Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

My experience, as usual, was amazing at Dr. Hussein's office. I went in to my second set of trays for my invisalign treatment. Dr. Hussein performed some minor adjustments and answered my underlying questions. He's nice and smooth, and super confident. His assistant, Hailey, is also fantastic. Every time I've been there thus far, it's been a spectacular experience, with very few, if any hick-ups.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2655731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Dr. Amer Hussain's response
Hi! Thanks for your kind words. We will definitely let Dr. Hussain and the team know how smooth they are!😉 We are glad to hear you are enjoying the Invisalign process.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

Went to Dr. Hussain for my first exam . Due to it being free, like a lot of us do. Unfortunately the exam was a joke. Went for a second opinion. The difference of quality of examination was night a day. The information and treatment planning I got from my second opinion is incompatible. He maybe spent 2 minutes looking in my mouth. Where my second exam lasted 15 minutes. If you want to get awwd by silly sales gimmicks do it. This place is a scam and an assembly line. A chop shop. I spoke with a co worker and she was offered gift cards to Starbucks to submit these reviews. Look at the volume of reviews compared to other orthodontists. Open your eyes and shame on you. I'm glad I chose to take the quality of my heath with a professional who actually does adjustments themselves. I am not paying an assistant to do my treatment . I'm glad I went with someone who actually cares about patients and not just money.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2654589].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Dr. Amer Hussain's response
Hello and thank you for your comments. We feel horrible that you had bad experience at our office. Rest assured that we will take your comments into serious consideration. We are constantly striving to make the orthodontic experience better for everyone. If there is anything we can do to make your experience better please let us know and feel free to email us at info@pureorthodontics.ca.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

"Dr. Hussain is great dr!!Friendly amazing staff. Best place in town!!! "

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2643099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Dr. Amer Hussain's response
Thank you, our patients are too kind! We have the best patients!