Dr. Roger Kao

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 2 reviews. Dr. Roger Kao has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

07/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.6
RID: 2517226
31/12/12 5 5 5 5 I saw Dr. Kao twice within 3 years for a colonoscopy. Dr. Kao spent a lot of time explaining to me about the preparation and the actual procedure itself. He provided me with several preparation options and genuinely showed concern for my discomfort. The anesthesia provided by his staff resulted in no pain during the procedure. I especially appreciate that Dr. Kao both told me and wrote down the test results as he knew I would still be groggy after the anesthesia. I have had this procedure done many times by multiple physicians, and Dr. Kao has clearly been the best gastroenterologist I have ever had. I strongly recommend this provider for you GI health needs.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond
RID: 1383450
09/03/11 5 5 5 5 I have had a history of constipation and bloating since high school, and recently it became quite painful. I have had extremely poor experiences with gastroenterologists in the past – multiple doctor visits only led to painful procedures (they didn’t use drugs back then), frustration on my part and a lack of a diagnosis or help on theirs. That said, I was more than a little leery to see yet another gastroenterologist when my symptoms worsened. Both my cardiologist and gynecologist recommended Dr. Kao. He is the best and only gastroenterologist I would see. He scheduled a colonoscopy at the hospital. A few days later, Dr. Kao personally called me to give me the results and prescribed a medication and a probiotic, which is helping immensely. I would refer anyone to Dr. Kao. He listens, he spends a lot of time with you, treats you and your case individually and truly cares about his patients. Jennifer - Los Altos
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield