Rate Dr. David Macdonald

Dr. David Macdonald's Ratings

In the year 2007 I was diagnosed with NH lymphoma, stage IV. Just the mention of the big “c " word can be very upsetting, however, having Dr. Macdonald explain clearly the what, where and when of it all, made it a little more easier to accept. He explained the chemo treatment available to me, which included the Clinical trial, with it finally being our choice. Through all treatment and check up appointments, I have found him to be very professional,trustworthy,compassionate,a great sense of humour and left no stone unturned. I am so blessed to have had him in my care for all these years.He has given me the extra strength to be even more positive. I have never left his office having any doubts in my mind. Dr. Macdonald, when God created you he broke the mould!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Macdonald's for more than 5 years now and I feel very fortunate to have him as my hematologist. He is forthright, thoughtful, knowledgable and compassionate. I know I am receiving exceptional care and advice from him and I can't recommend him highly enough.

(That said, his sense of humour is terrible! ;-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

My husband was diagnosed with relapse CNS and Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. He was patient with both myself and my husband and was able to answer all questions with complete honesty. With his guidance, my husband decided to have a bone marrow transplant done to increase his odds of survival. The day before the transplant was to take place, we learned that the lymphoma had fractured and that there was nothing else they could do for him. Dr. MacDonald was genuinely sorry that he couldn't help us anymore but he was kind enough to follow up with us. It is my sincerest belief that he is a blessing to the medical society and would recommend him kindheartedly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2013

Simply put, Dr. Macdonald is everything a doctor should be and more. In my experience, being told you have cancer is second only to learning of the death of a loved one. Dr. Macdonald got me through the shock of my diagnosis, and now four years later I consider myself so blessed to have him as my hematologist. I agree wholeheartedly with what those of you who have written here before me have said about him. Thank you, Dr. Macdonald.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Dr. Macdonald is the most professional, patient, friendly, informative, caring doctor that I have ever dealt with in all my 58 years. His nurse Shannon Greek is equally so. Both worked with my son above and beyond the normal doctor/patient relationship; dealing with his mental state while treating his cancer. My son is in remission now and I owe that to Dr. MacDonald, a debt I can never repay. God bless him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I have to say that Dr. MacDonald is an exceptional doctor. We had to take my 89 year old mother who has advanced alzheimers to see him. He was extremely professional, sensitive to her condition knowledgeable and personable. I highly resommend him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

Dr. Macdonald is kind, compassionate and very knowledgable. He helped my family through a very diificult time when my father was diagnosed with AML. He answered every question we had with a straightforward approach but was never harsh and, almost more importantly, never gave us any false hope. We knew exactly what to expect at every stage and that made Dad's illness much easier to cope with. This was a terrible time for us all but I will always be thankful we had Dr. Macdonald to help Dad, and us, through it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

Dr. Macdonald is an exceptionally kind and knowledgable doctor. He answers every question patiently and very clearly. I feel like every time I am in there that I know exactly what's going on and wheere things stand with my treatment. He is direct but compassionate and has a good sense of humor. I've seen alot of doctors in my long years and he is, by bounds, the first one I trust completely. The only negative thing I could say is that he is sometimes late with the appointments but I think it is because he spends whichever time is necessary with each patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Very good manners, gave me a strait answer to all my questions and helped me to understand the blood disoder I have to deal with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][165655].votes_count ]]