Dr. Fathalla Mashali

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/02/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Fathalla Mashali has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: who do i call to have my medical record from Dr Mashall to my new primary dr?    Email me    Answer it

Anesthesiologist-related: pain relief for surgery, anesthesia
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5173111

11/02/14 1 1 1 1   Respond

07/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6

24/10/13 SYSTEM: State changed from "RI" to "MA", City changed from "EAST PROVIDENCE" to "WINCHESTER"
RID: 2841603

06/09/13 3 1 4 1 Would not recommend you must clear your whole day to sit there for your mess he is always late books 3 patients for the same time his license is now suspended but he is appealing it on top of it he didn't even notify me he had been shut down so now I'm without mess and suffering until I can find someone new and I cant get whole of anyone in his office now to get my medical records which I need to go to a new pain doctor I'm am outraged @ how people say he really cares that's why I drove an hour to see him only for his office to be shut down and now I'm in withdrawals and I'm a mother of 4 with multiple herniated docs and carpal tunnel on both wrists on top of my pain I now have to deal with all the symptoms of withdrawal which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy he is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever met an article I read from the pawtucket times regarding his investigation said 6 people have died due to his negligence! !!!!
RID: 2832416
03/09/13 4 2 5 5 One of the most caring pain doctors I have ever seen.I have been a patient for since 2009 and have never seen any drug deals in the parking lots, stoned patients etc. The wait is long but that is because he does not turn away anyone in pain.
RID: 2776148
19/08/13 3 1 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Mashalli for a few yrs now and yes the wait is crazy and some of the staff are rude. You can't get to talk to him if you call and he is never on time but other than that he has helpedme greatly. I have many back, nerve,disc, sciatica, arthritis and even mire illnesses due to my back and have had surgeries and injections which nothing helped. Most doctors do not believe you even with all my test results but he does and he has me on a medicine regimine that works for me and even tho I will never b able to do much I am in less pain and have some quality of life back. He recently changed my Meds and they r working better and I thank him for he is always concerned and will take all the time you need at ur appt. I am not adrug addict but I am alive and y should I live in pain daily when I can have a life and take Meds that help me. He controls the Meds watches to b sure we dont abuse them. u will always find people who r going for wrong reasons and he is on top of it
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 2702098

06/07/13 1 1 1 1 the dude is a pill mill i went for pain management and he wrote me a script without even examining me , i already had all the opiate pain medicine i could need from my real doctor we just needed some real help and all he did was write me a script .... so i never went back but i sent 2 of my friends there who just wanted opiates and they wrote them scripts for oxys no problem.  Respond
RID: 2679186
14/06/13 5 3 5 5 I have been seeing Dr Mashali for 10 months as of this date. I am a patient that had chronic lower back pain and nerve damage. I could not sleep at night because the pain was to bad and I was becoming very irritable and depressed, due to the amount of pain I had to live with each and every day. Dr. Marshali is a caring doctor, who does run late a lot, but that is because he takes the time to explain everything to you and wants to make sure that you understand the treatment that he is providing. I'm am so glad that he his my doctor and I can do with the wait knowing that he is informing his patients about their medication they are one and what the side effects are. I do like the fact that he gives you a drug test (urine) at every visit to weed out the patients that are there doctor shopping to get medication and then as they walk out the door they sell them on the street. Dr. Mashali is a great doctor and I say thank you to him every day that I can function with little to no pain.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 2668455
02/06/13 3 2 5 5 After reading all of this forums, There is some things I can agree and disagree with. Lets start with the Dr.Mashali, He takes his time with my husband& I, We never feel rushed or hurried when we have our appointments, The medication that is prescribed to us helps my husband and I with our month to month pain issues, We believe Dr. Mashali has improved our way of life due to pain issues. 2) Stated in a forum below, long waits, You answered your own question, It is one of the only pain clinics around, what do you expect. When have you ever walked into a Dr. Office and walk out with in minutes. I also believe that his Staff can be a little more polite, not all, but some.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 2574198

01/03/13 1 1 3 2 This doctor is very nice as a person but I question his work ethics. You walk in and the room is full I mean FULL, the entire appt is MIN 3 HRS. I've spoken to people that have been waiting for up to 6 Hrs!! Your in tears by the time you leave from sitting and waiting so long, this is NOT good for people with Back Problems. He comes in whenever he wants.I sat next to people that had 9AM appts and the doctor did not even show up till 12:20PM, the next month he was even later!! Same with this month. I do not understand how someone can operate a business like this, this is suppose to be a pain clinic!Some of his staff are EXTREMELY RUDE I've never seen anything like this in my 50 yrs of life! He just writes the prescriptions as people have stated here in the forum and on to the next.Unfortunately he is the only pain clinic around so people have no choices right now. I heard a few mnths ago he was being investigated and4 some reason his practice name has changed Jan 1st Something is Fishy!
RID: 2552212
06/02/13 4 1 5 5 Everywhere I went for my chronic pain problem was turned away!!This man has helped and changed me and my family's life's!! For the better. Thank you Doc But the wait does suck!!
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 2449419
17/10/12 4 1 5 5 Dr. Mashali is the most caring & helpful Dr. I have seen for my pain condition.I started seeing him when the local pain clinic would not try the last treatment available to possibily treat my pain.They just wanted to medicate me.Dr. Mashali was not only willing to try the treatment on me but also found problems with my back & hip (the other clinic ignored me when I brought these up to him). You do wait a couple of hours at times for him but not every visit. He has his patient sign narcotics contracts which are strictly enforced with montly urnine tests. I have seen patients being told that they could not longer be seen for violating their contract. He listens & cares about his patients, something is very hard to find in pain doctors.
RID: 2448567

16/10/12 1 1 1 1 Dr. Mashali is a terrible doctor. He leaves his patients in a waiting room for hours. My initial appointment took 5 hours. I made an appointment for lower back pain. I walk in the waiting room and it was full of people in which I would question their reasons for going there in the first place.(DRUG ADDICTS) I then wait just to see if this doctor worth the wait. Boy was I disappointed! He walked in and didnt even pay attention to me at all. He just assumed I wanted narcotics. I stated this was not what I signed up for and left. I will never go back! The people that respond to this website in a positive manner makes you think twice about what type of meds they recieved.
RID: 1499875
30/07/11 2 1 2 3 DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR! i was being treated in hi ma office. one day out of the blue he starts pushing subox on me!! i told him what he was giving me was working very well to manage the pain, and he still insisted on pushing the suboxone. i am not the only one he was doin this to turn out. he also tried pushing methadone on me??? he tried to tell me that this was a way better route to take then the meds that i was on ( mind you which are working) i knew and know people on suboxone and methdone and they all tell me the same thing, the one that came off of it....they are way worse then the painkillers as far a a detox, and screw you up more. i went there for PAIN MANAGEMENT! Not Opiate dependacy or Heroine issues. Hes also alway very late, rude, cocky and just a plain useless dr. he is more concerned with the $$ he can make then treating the patient for thier issues. i seen what he billed my insurance for 1 visit...1400?? this guy is a SHAM
RID: 1481454
07/07/11 1 1 1 1 This doctor should not be in practice! Who makes pain patients wait 4 hours for an appoinment. He also has alot of people in his waiting room that make me question what kind of practice I even attempted to go to. If you are not looking for heavy doses of narcotics I would not suggest going to New England Pain Associates.  Respond
RID: 1461333
10/06/11 5 2 5 5 GREAT Doctor, long wait, but worth it. He's VERY caring and LISTENS to his patients, if you don't mind a bit of a wait, I 110% suggest this Doctor for pain relief/advice!!!
RID: 1456709
03/06/11 1 1 1 5 DR. MASHALI WAS PROBABLY A GOOD DOCTOR BEFORE BUT HAS DEFINATLY LOST HIS WAY. HE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST 2 HOURS LATE, ANSWERS HIS EMAILS AND PHONE IN FRONT OF PATIENTS, GIVES NARCOTICS OUT LIKE THEY ARE CANDY,AND IS PUTTING LIVES IN JEOPARDY. HE ONLY SEES THE $ SIGN ABOVE YOUR HEAD. PATIENTS ONLY LIKE HIM BECAUSE HE GIVES OUT SO MANY NARCOTICS.  Respond
RID: 1452476
29/05/11 5 2 5 5 AWESOME Doctor, cares about his patients, GREAT staff, only issue is wait time, but well worth it!!!
RID: 1434802
06/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr mashali is exceptional in is field he has helped me to begin to live my life again. I am grateful for his ability to help treaty back problem and recommend him to anyone who needs to recover from serious back problems. His expertise is second to none.  Respond
RID: 1420026
19/04/11 5 4 5 5 My back pain is finally more manageable after treatment.  Respond