Rate Dr. Walid Alhoussan

Dr. Walid Alhoussan's Ratings

This is the worst doctor I have ever had. Period. He makes you feel like you are just another task to accomplish in his factory. I see him because I have no other choice really. I do not have a family doctor and cannot find another walk-in clinic for now. The moment I do, I am out of there.

Submitted March 26, 2012 | flag

No follow up on conditions - doesn't even inquire. Only allowed one issue per visit. Must book another appointment and come back even if waiting room is empty. Not sure if unknowledgeable applies but that doesn't matter when there is no interest to address or follow up on medical issues/conditions.

Submitted March 21, 2012 | flag

Always seem to want to get you out of his office as quickly as possible. Doesn't listen. Have to request for the appropriate test to be done (in this case, a throat swab for strep). Tells you to "wait it out". Really likes his prescription pad. I am very unhappy with this doctor.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2012 | flag

I have seen this Doctor a few times and although he is a little brusque, he seems to listen and has referred me for 3 diagnostic tests (on 2 separate issues). The reception has always been friendly and helpful. Their policy is stated very clearly on the wall that they will only deal with one issue per appointment and their cancellation policy, while fairly limited is also stated. That being said, a phone call reminder about appointments would be useful, especially when booked months in advance. Their appointment timing is not terribly good and maybe this is because they are also a walk-in clinic with only 1 doctor. I do believe that people these days need to be self-educated and in charge of your own health. If the doctor has not suggested something that you think you should have or do (eg. a colonoscopy if you have family history), then ASK!! Be firm but polite! It goes a long way!

Submitted Feb. 1, 2012 | flag

Absolutely worst doctor I've ever encountered! I mistook the date of an appointment for myself and 2 special-needs kids, and he immediately dropped us all as patients. No announcement posted that the first time you miss an appointment you'll be dumped; not even the customary "We will charge a fee if you miss your scheduled appointment". And then he didn't even call to inform me that we were suddenly without medical care; I found out accidentally because I phoned the office thinking my appointment was still 3 days away and I wanted to be sure of the time! His secretary told me; if I hadn't called, I'd have shown up with my kids and gone through the public humiliation of being told I was dumped. Arrogant, brusque, callous and couldn't care less about his "patients".

Submitted Jan. 10, 2012 | flag

If you come and complaint one more symptom, he won't be happy. He 's not happy to give a flue shot, and he just did that with unpleasant manner. Very disappointed.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2011 | flag

The very first time I met him at our first visit, his only words were "what!". Then he proceeded to tell me I could only tell him of one issue, I would have to book antoher appointment for another issue. Also when informed him of an issue he said he had no idea and didn't even bother to look into it .... this guy should not be practising medicine.

Submitted May 11, 2011 | flag

Very expeditive (in a bad way), I went to see him 2 times for the same problem and isn't giving me any advice other than to wait for the pain to go, but it's been more more than 2 months. And he doesn't want to refer me to a specialist.

Submitted March 2, 2011 | flag

Very disappointed with this new doctor in our area. First visit, I informed him that I'd had a doctor previously but I was not happy with him. Also he was too far away, in Kanata. Therefore, I wanted to switch doctors. Dr. Alhoussan said fine. Hovewer, when I tried recently to make a routine appointment (just to fill out a diet form) I was told that my appointment would be in the very end of March (mind you, more than a month ahead). I agreed since I had no choice. But the very next day I got a phone call from a receptionist who said that Dr. Alhoussan cannot complete any forms fot me and that I have to go back to my former doctor in Kanata. Basically, he denied me any care as a family doctor but "welcomed" me for a walk-in visit. Looks like I became an object of some dirty game since no explanation of such outrageous decision was given to me. I feel it's totally inacceptable behaviour for a doctor, no work ethics whatsoever. Shame on him.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2011 | flag