Dr. Annette Lam

Rate Dr. Annette Lam

Dr. Annette Lam's Ratings

Dr. Lam is awesome!!!!!....she fixed me up with a syndrome no one else had an answer to....immediate success........thank you Dr. Lam

Submitted May 21, 2014 | flag

Failed to diagnose basal cell carcinoma on nose or do biopsy even after second visit.Saw another Dermatologist a year later,immediate biopsy done and appointment for Mohs surgery arranged at first appointment.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2014 | flag

Dr.Lam is a very friendly, caring, compassionate, knowledgable doctor. She was late for my appointment because she spends time with her patients, explains everything thoroughly and offers options. Plus, she apologized for keeping me waiting!! She was well worth the wait. The gentleman in her front office is also so friendly and welcoming. We are so fortunate that she has chosen to serve those of us on the island.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2013 | flag

I do not understand how people can make negative comments about Dr. Lam. The Dr. Lam who looked after me is compassionate, knowledgeable and very helpful. When she retired from her office in North Vancouver, she made sure that she finds me another good dermatologist to look after me, transferred my records to him and reassured me that I will be well-looked-after. This is a sign of a good caring doctor. People dislike and bad-mouth certain doctors often because of personality clashes. They expect their doctors to be like waitresses who should talk softly and cater to their wishes (including what type of medicine they would like to take). I just want to set the record straight. Dr. Lam is a good doctor and should be appreciated.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2012 | flag

Dr. Lam is working out of Qualicum Beach a few days a month now, to help with the fact that dermatologists on Vancouver Is. are booking a year and a half ahead. Although she is very busy, I was thrilled with the attention she gave me, and her warm certainty that my long standing problem can be controlled. Dr. Lam gave me the first hope I have had in over three years, and I thank her very much for it.

Submitted May 30, 2012 | flag

I will try again to write a comment, but they seem to be removed if they do not portray the doctor to be omniscient and benevolent, which is definitely not the kind of doctor that Annette Lam is. Just a short warning to others; !!!ARROGANT!!!, !!IGNORANT!!!, !!!DISMISSIVE!!, !!WASTE OF YOUR TIME!! (MONEY AS WELL IF YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR USELESS PRESCRIPTIONS)!!! IF YOU HAVE A REAL PROBLEM YOU NEED A DIFFERENT DOCTOR!!!! !!!ASK YOUR GP TO REFER YOU TO SOMEONE ELSE OR CONTINUE TREATING YOU THEM SELF, IF POSSIBLE!!! Good luck!! Hopefully not all negative comments will be removed from this site and you will need less luck instead being able to make a more educated decision as to which MD you will have treating you in the future. My last comment was more detailed as to my experience with her but apparently ??SOMEONE?? didn't think that others needed to know, so it was removed. I'll try again here. CHEERS!!

Submitted May 3, 2012 | flag

Wonderful dermatologist. Dr Lam is a caring dr who is an expert in her field.She runs late sometimes but she does not rush her patients. I would recommend her to anyone.

Submitted April 13, 2012 | flag

It was my first time. I rushed to get to her office before my appointment. Had to wait for 45 minutes. There was no staff. After 45 mins. I went in and I was there for 4 minutes. She did not have time to check my face or back properly and was in too much of a rush. She wrote a prescription after seeing what my previous dermatologist had prescibed and she got up and started to walk towards the door. I was not able to ask the questions that I had to ask. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED. Will give her one more chance maybe she was having a bad day. But there is no office staff to talk to either and you can't get anyone on the phone. She has her laptop and seems to be just renting the space for a certain time in that office. I have rated the knowled at 3 since have no experience of what sort of knowledge she has since never had the time to find out.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2012 | flag

She is a wonderful doctor, who always takes the time to listen. She is also very flexible, understanding how hard it can be to fit in a specialist appointment into a busy schedule.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2012 | flag

Who writes these reviews? I am wondering if this is the same doc that I saw. She was very rude, short with her answers and she's never at her office.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2011 | flag