Dr. N. Mian

You may also like

Rate Dr. N. Mian

Dr. N. Mian's Ratings

Horrible, horrible Dr.
Pushes unnecessary medical procedures and dismissed breastfeeding concerns saying to just feed formula or cereal at 3 months.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2717547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

My daughter is now 4, and Dr. Mian has been her pedi since she was born - I have nothing but good things to say! He is very attentive and does not push medications.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2703677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

We switched to Dr. Mian for my 1st daughter after Dr. Mian became my 2nd daughter's ped. We wanted to try someone new after my first daughter got constipated and her ped put her on a laxative. Dr. Mian doesn't like children to be on drugs of any kind if they don't have to be. He seems to truly care about their health, not pushing pharmaceuticals. He has great bedside manner with the children and takes his time with parents. He sits right now and asks us if we have any questions. This last visit he actually took us to his office to show us his collection of stethoscope "buddies" (clips that he puts on to get kids attention). So glad we found him. Hope he practices another 18 years.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2658627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

The only time I have had to wait is when there was an emergency. He is great with my girls and is not a pill pusher like some doctors. He always answers my questions. Always friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2012

I am 3 weeks post op. Dr.Mian was a saint, he did a fantastic job and made me feel completely at ease. He even laughed at my silly jokes I make when i am nervous. I went from a 32K and right now I am at a 34 D! Which is AMAZING! He did such a good job, I've all ready healed considerably. I had no complications, minimal swelling, and NO PAIN! The worst discomfort I was in the whole time was from the tylenol 3's which made me dizzy. I went back to work after 10 days, but felt like I could have gone after 2 days. I highly reccomend dr.mian. He is a fantastic doctor with fantastic staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

He is always late for our appointment and the last check he performed on my 18 month old, not sure how effective because she was crying the whole time as it seems she was scared of the doctor. I don't think he was really able to see at the back of her throat because she was crying. We waited for over an hour and Dr Mian's assessment took 5 minutes. Seemed like a pointless visit that he tells us we should attend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I recently visited Dr. Mian with my child. I realize this is not to rate the staff,however I must share this, Sheila has been with Dr. Mian since I have been going there and I just found out that she is retiring. I am very happy for her, and wish her the best. I have met her replacement Lori who is wonderful. She is pleasant on the phone and seemed to be great with my child. We are going to miss Sheila but we are looking forward to dealing with Lori. Great choice Dr. Mian.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2010

After reading these comments, it shows that Dr Mian is a wonderful doctor, but has some down falls. There are some nasty comment about staff, which this is not about, it is RATE THE MD not the staff. I feel that he cares alittle to much about his self image to not have the comment removed, than to worry about his staff being slandered on the internet. I am not bringing my 3 children back to him until these comment are removed by him. Give the staff a break you may not know what they go through up there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2008

The most caring and patient doctor I have ever met. He is very relaxed and calm. He is so gentle with the babies and he is very attentive to the parents questions/concerns. We never feel rushed while speaking to him or asking questions. He is very knowledgeable and does not hesitate to investigate any concerns with specialists, if needed. We have never had to wait more than 5 minutes in the waiting area and we are always able to get an appointment to see him within a day. Highly recommended to any parent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

Dr. Mian is an amazing pediatrician. My daughter has seen him since she was born 10 years ago and he took care of her the day after she was born. We have always been able to get in to see him easily, haven't had to wait and had all our concerns taken care of. He has paid special attention to any questions or problems that have arose and I feel the utmost confidence in the instructions he gives when answering my question, without a doubt he is an amazing doctor!!! I'd tell anybody to go see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959427].votes_count ]]