Rate Dr. Matthew House

Dr. Matthew House's Ratings

New patient to psych Gave me new meds, had reaction, sought help & compassion, his group terminated my treatment. Thanks for nothing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2504266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

One of the besy psyc doctors in town he has helped me so much I can't put it into words. With that said I must say hos staff is incompetent and it is impossible to get a message to him which is to bad because no matter how good of a doctor he is if you cant reach him whats the point. As soon as I get some legal issues settled I will be looking for a new doctor I hate to lose him but that is the way it has to be

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

I am 34 y/o, and i've recieved treatment from numerous professionals since i was a teen. Until i met Dr. House, my life was emotionally unbearable. He literally saved my life; he not only took the role of a psychiatrist, but that of a therapist, and a mentor. His changed my outlook on how i view myself and that of my life. I have tremendous respect for who and what he has done for me. In my line of work, i am able to refer clients to clinical psychiatrists, and he is at the top of my list of referrals. He is by far the best in Fresno.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. House for 8 years..I have never had any problems until I decided to come off of my medication...I had a five minute visit and he said that would be fine..I began having extreme withdraw symptoms..I was unable to get a hold of anyone during business hours and left 3 messages with no call back..I also decided to try the emergency line which is DISCONNECTED...I am writing this not because I am mad but because I am EXTREMLY concerned for ANY patients under this doctors care...Had I reached a point where I was having suicidal thoughts or other negative thoughts I would not get any care from them..I am very afraid that someone is going to get hurt due to the treatment or lack of....and what scares me the most is that this man treats children....that scares me very much...I highly recommend NO ONE put their mental health or the mental health of their child in this mans care...Dr House is a good doctor as long as you keep the checks coming.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2012

Had a very unfortunate experience with Dr. House's NP, Susan Davon. A phone call was not returned timely nor sensitively and things went from bad to worse. At the end of a psychiatric hospital stay, my exit counselor called his office to request a new appt for me. That never happened. I reported the entire situation to Dr. House, who apologized and admitted that the call from the hospital was received but did not get passed along properly. Though he encouraged me to come in and talk to both of them about it, my own psychologist had an unimpressive conversation with Susan, so I declined, but said I would see him as a patient. He declined and we parted ways. A couple of days later, Susan called as a follow-up to my hospital stay. She clearly did not make the connection that I was the same person she saw before my hospital stay. I suspect more miscommunication within the office prevented Dr. House from relaying my complaint to her, or she's just an airhead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

Dr. M. House has been the best psychiatrist I''ve had. A+ And he also sees teens which we really need in Fresno. He listens. He takes care that each client is an individual with individual needs. He knows people don''t "fit" into neat little research "boxes." Very knowledgeable. Caring. I HIGHLY recommend this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2008

You could not ask for a better doctor. He is very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, a great listener, and he makes you instantly feel at ease. He goes out of his way to take care of his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2007

This psychiatrist actually LISTENS to you! He is knowledgeable about new meds. and is not in a rush to get you on a bunch of medications...Actually he DOESN'T like to get someone on a lot of medications. I have been impressed how he has slowly gotten me off of some meds. I didn't end up needing. I am now going to send my son (17) to see him for his OCD as he works with a lot of teens. He's wonderful!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1959913].votes_count ]]