Rate Dr. Erik S. Stark

Dr. Erik S. Stark's Ratings

Dr. Stark did a good job repairing a badly torn meniscus; however the aftercare I received has jeopardized my recovery. 9 days after surgery I do not have a proper brace to protect my knee nor has a doctor looked at it. I have to go back to my primary physician and find another orthopedist to guide me through my recovery. During my follow up visit with Dr. Stark he spent 2 minutes with me and never looked at my knee. He said that the wrap they had given me post-surgically was not enough to protect my knee and I needed a brace that locked lock. As of right now my insurance company hasn’t received an order for a brace.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2473514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

BRILLIANT!! Exceptionally competent, capable, and results-oriented, Dr. Stark has performed three (3) surgeries (L/R Shoulder + Knee) since Jan 2007 with Outstanding results. Words fall decidedly short in expressing my sincere appreciation for his focused attention and extraordinary abilities. The Highest Personal and Professional Integrity. I cannot say enough about this compassionate surgeon-athlete and wonderfully fine man. Particularly if you athletically-oriented and interested in a rapid recovery, Dr. Stark is simply the best. As a retired senior Marine with a 100% VA rating, I would entrust my only daughter to his care in a heartbeat. I was recently 'forced' to have a second arthroscopic knee surgery, which followed Dr. Stark's initial 2007 procedure. The Navy Ortho surgeon complimented Dr. Stark's work, stating it was "truly brilliant." Just don't come any better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2209686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr Stark and his staff are awesome. I am going in for a second knee surgery and do not have any complaints about him, his staff or the surgery center. He spent quality time with me, friendly. He is a busy surgeon, they are not all friendly like he is and if he had a bad day, cut him a break.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2209685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I had a very positive experience with Dr. Stark. Stark is an extremely knowledgable doctor, listening to what the complaint was with the knee, asking several pertinent questions, and efficiently going directly to the point. He is the third otho guy I have seen about the problem, and he got it! A funny and nice bedside manner, and an excellent technician. Really don't know what these other people are complaining about. Think about it: he has seen thousands of patients over the years, and has 2 or 3 bad reviews. Thanks Doc!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][83328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I had a problem with continued inflammation in my collar bone joint. Dr Stark gave me a great injection and relieved the pain with one shot. Dr Stark and his staff were all professional and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Stark and will return to him as my body continues to break down!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][83327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

If you are looking for care, concern, empathy, information on your health status, or overall bedside manner, seek elsewhere. NEVER have I (or my husband) met such an unprofessional, unresponsive, or uninterested physician. Flippantly dismissed us after telling me he won't do ACL surgery on my torn ACL. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. He walked out of the office and left us sitting there. I found an EXCELLENT Dr. in La Jolla and surgery is scheduled this Friday. Praises for the office staff, as they redeemed the office for the other doctors but RUN from Dr. Stark. Maybe he really just doesn't have pertinent experience with patients, diagnosis, patient care and dissemination of ANY information. Needless to say, I ran and shall not return. Save your time and energy and find another physician! Read more: http://www.vitals.com/doctor/profile/1376669572/reviews/1376669572#ixzz1bApngps0

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][83326].votes_count ]]