Dr. Vasanti H. Majmudar

Grad. Year: 1968

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Vasanti H. Majmudar has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5440710
04/05/14 1 1 1 1 This doctor had very poor bedside manner. She seems to be almost "bored" now with all those years of practice and has lot interest in her practice. Does not listen. Does not answer questions. Always in a hurry.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 3646865
03/01/14 3 3 5 5 I have been seen by Dr Majmudar for about 35 years. She has always been compassionate, friendly and knowledgable. I have recommended her to friends who have been satisfied as well. She walked me through infertility process and rejoiced with me upon the adoption of my daughter 18 years ago. She recently diagnosed and resolved an issue just with an exam. She listens and gives options. As with any medical issues it is always best to educate yourself before an exam so you know the questions to ask and are prepared prior. Although Dr. Majmudar has been in this country many years there are times I find it difficult to understand her, so I just tell her and she repeats until I do. I don't think she ever feels put out by that! She wants to be understood. Thank you , Dr. Majmudar for a lifetime of care!  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Vasanti" to "Vasanti H."
RID: 2915826
16/10/13 4 3 2 2 I have used Dr. Majmadar for the past 4 years and it was 4 years too many. She required me to have a biopsy after an abnormal pap, rather that following up with another pap in 6 months. After seeing another doctor out of town, I found out that the biopsy was unnecessary, an potentially could cause problems for me when I hve children due to scarring of the cervix. I was not informed of any results, which I assumed was good news, until my next visit ONE YEAR LATER. I received a collection letter after never receiving a bill, and was force to do tests that I denied, which I then found were not covered by my insurance. She seems nice enough, but it comes down to getting a paycheck. I will never set foot in this office again.
RID: 2877071
25/09/13 5 5 5 5 We love Dr. Majmudar. She delivered 6 of our 7 children, performed two surgeries and has always been honest, compassionate and so knowledgeable. We are eternally grateful that this devoted woman has been an integral part of the seven happiest days of our lives:) When asked how many children she has delivered, she will answer, "I do not count because every baby is number one." Wow!
RID: 2545519
30/01/13 5 4 2 2 Not very helpful especially in communicating. makes the whole process very slow. Wont go there again
RID: 2489968
04/12/12 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Majmudar since she took over another doctor's practice, which was many years ago. Recently she made a diagnosis for me which other doctors did not find. She is the only gynecologist that I want to go to! I trust her completely.  Respond
RID: 2371337
16/07/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Majmudar is the best doctor. She truly cares for each of her patients.
RID: 1717976
20/02/12 4 5 5 5 Dr.majmudar was very nice and compassionate towards me! I have endometriosis and she was the first doctor ever to show me any sympathy. I felt like she really cared about what I had to say! I know with this horrible disease it will now more tolerable with her as my obgyn.
Insurance: UPMC
RID: 1516398
18/08/11 5 4 5 5 She delivered all 4 of our children. Most trusted doctor ever! Value her opinion more than any dr. I have ever seen. Wouldn't go to anyone else.  Respond
RID: 1511933
14/08/11 5 5 5 5 I went to Dr. Majmudar after not feeling confident with another Dr's diagnosis that nothing was wrong. Dr. Majmudar accurately diagnosed me within minutes of examining me, and cured the issue. She has since assisted me through a high-risk pregnancy and will deliver my next child. She has my full trust. Her staff is also very friendly and knowledgeable.
RID: 1476165
29/06/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Majmudar has delivered 5 of my children, including our twins and recently did a hysterectomy on me due to adenomyosis. She is the most caring and wonderful doctor. She is also very skilled and we have never had any problems whatsoever with her or her wonderful staff - everyone there has been an absolute blessing to our family and I cannot thank her enough for all she has done for us.
RID: 1082711
18/01/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Majmudar was the assistant during my mom's second labor (when I was born). She was there when I was born, and has since delivered my daughter (2.5 yrs ago). I love her, Heather, Betsy, and the rest of the staff. She is absolutely wonderful and I am blessed to have her in my life and as my doctor especially! Such a wonderfully knowledgeable and kind woman!
RID: 862751
16/04/09 4 1 5 5 She has delivered all my children and been there with me through many health issues. I really like her and even "Simon Cowell" Heather the nurse. They are a great team and Betsy is the best ultrasound tech. Dr. Majmudar is caring, extremely smart and a wonderful doctor. I don't want her to ever retire! The wait is long, but bring a book, because she is worth it.
RID: 692144
27/09/08 4 4 5 5 Great doctor. Found a breast lump I didn`t know I had. Everyone should have a good doctor like her!!
Insurance: UPMC
RID: 417616
24/09/07 5 4 5 5 Dr. Majmudar is a great doctor. She diagnosed me with endometriosis over 6 years ago, and helped me when I had problems getting pregnant. I am now pregnant with my second child, and I don't know if that would be the case if I didn't have a doctor as thorough and helpful as Dr. Majmudar  Respond
RID: 78357
09/01/07 4 3 5 Dr. Majmudar is extremely knowledgeable. I appreciate how personal she makes the appt by sitting down with you in her office after your examination. I don't think it is intentional, but body language and facial expressions can make a patient uncomfortable at times.
Paid (or co-pay): $1500