Rate Dr. Julie R. Brandies

Dr. Julie R. Brandies's Ratings

Best. Doctor. Ever. Five stars are not enough. I hope she is opening a private practice because I will not trust my health to anyone else. The only thing better than a private practice would be Dr. Brandies teaching new doctors!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2656180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Dr. Brandies is an excellent physician. I just found out that she left NMPG and I am very sad to hear that she is gone. I hope that she has opened a new practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

I just found that Dr. Brandies has left NMH - Along with others she has been my primary physician for almost 20 years. I will miss her very much and can only hope I will find a doctor with her same qualities. it is a sad day for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I have been with Dr. Brandies for over 10 years and I that she is leaving NMH. I hope I can find someone who is just as helpful and honest when speaking with patients. She is straight no chaser when letting you know what is going on. I wish her well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I did not have a positive experience with this doctor. I did not find her knowledgeable. I saw her a couple times to give ita chance, but ultimately had to switch doctors. Just like a reviewer below, Dr. Brandies also complained to me that I was taking up too much time during an annual physical when I was asking about different health issues. On another visit, I came in with a pain in my foot that she did not take seriously and it ended up being a broken bone diagnosed by another doctor. She has a friendly, calm demeanor, but I think she is very dismissive.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2550565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

She is awesome. I had kidney stone problem and she suggested me to very good doctor. Beside being good doctor she is compassionate and caring,which I think is the most imp for a doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1960655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2013

I have been going to Dr Brandies for close to 20 years. She is the best doctor I have ever had. I will always have her as my MD. She is just the best..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1960654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2012

What I like most about Dr. Brandies is that she doesn't jump to treating every ache & pain with medication. She works with a patient to find alternative methods; for example, treating chronic pain with acupuncture or stress with meditation/mindfulness exercises. She incorporates Eastern medicine with Western. I've yet to come across another doctor who does this. She is also warm, patient and responsive to my needs. She will continue to be my doctor as long as she is in Chicago.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1960653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2010

I've used Dr. Brandies as my doctor for over 15 years. She is knowledgeable, compassionate, kind, caring, and an excellent physician. I have never been disappointed in the services provided, and am very comfortable knowing that Dr. Brandies keeps up on the latest medical information in order to be the best possible doctor. As a woman, I am especially pleased with Dr. Brandies, who specializes in women's health care issues. She is empathetic, listens to everything I have to say, and asks appropriate questions to insure her full understanding of the problem at hand. If you want an intelligent, kind, helpful doctor who provides excellent medical care, Dr. Brandies should be your choice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1960652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2010

I did not find her compassionate at all; in fact she was judgmental and rude. Maybe she was having a bad day, but I will not go back. Not only did she run $1300 worth of unnecessary tests, she made inappropriate comments and complained about me taking up too much of her time because I mentioned more than one issue. Then she said I have an alcohol problem because I drink once a week with my friends. She started putting words in my mouth saying that I "pass out" once a week, and when I said I never said that, she accused me of changing my story. She wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. She also accused me of watching too much TV and prescribed "No more TV." At that point I realized she was making empty and false accusations because I didn't even own a TV until recently because it's not important to me. When I relayed Dr. Brandies' "diagnosis" to family and friends, all reacted with shock and the same advice: find a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1960651].votes_count ]]