Rate Dr. Michael D. Hughes

Dr. Michael D. Hughes's Ratings

I was just diagnosed with cancer and am now seeing multiple doctors. Dr. Hughes is acting as my guide through all of this. He explains everything that I am having done and has been such a boost to my sanity, he uses English when he explains issues, not large medical terms. Great doctor!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2722281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2015

Dr. Hughes couldn't be more friendly and understanding! He is a delightful person with and I feel lucky that he is my doctor. He has demonstrated to me many times his knowledge and expertise. I am confident that I am in safe hands with his counsel. Thank you Dr. Hughes!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2720132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

In today's complex medical system, Dr. Hugh's attention and passion for his job are a breath of fresh air. I've never felt rushed or unimportant. My transition to his office was initially because of a change in insurance but now its a welcome one!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2719358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

I recently changed insurance plans and was referred to Dr Hughes by my physician. I am pleased to say it is the best recommendation I have ever received. Dr Hughes is kind, patient, personable, and genuinely cares about his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2716747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I recently moved from Los Angeles to Palm Springs and was referred to Dr. Hughes by a friend. I have to say, I made the right decision by making an appointment. Dr. Hughes took the time with me to answer any questions I had and fully explains any and every answer he gives you with his undivided attention. Dr. Hughes went above and beyond to do all the necessary tests to ensure I was in good health. He is very caring and knowledgeable and I would highly recommend him to any of my family or friends. For once, I don't feel like I was just another number. Thank you, Dr. Hughes!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2715956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

My experience with this doctor echoes a lot of the negatives that have been expressed here. I was not comfortable with his demeanor and not confident in his medical care. He sits there like a mute and doesn't EXPLAIN anything... communication skills are lacking. Staff interaction was terrible and I dreaded having to ask them anything. It was like medical care by WALMART! I moved on to another medical group because I felt if I was ever in trouble and needed real help this doctor and staff wouldn't be there for me. Hopefully he will move on too... to another city!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2713750].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

He is a cold fish.. and his office staff are inept. He had me seem once a week for 4 weeks.. just trying to get blood pressure meds.. and the like. He has the bedside manners of a corpse.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2701305].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Dr Hughes and the office staff are very compassionate and thoughtful. My concerns are addressed, my referrals are completed in a timely manner, and the doctor is approachable but still knowledgeable. I will definitely recommend this office!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2668101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2015

I did not know what to expect when I made an appointment at Dr. Hughes' office. I thought there be people all over waiting and have to endure hours of time to see him for 5 minutes.
Well, just the complete opposite. I was greeted by an office with only two other people waiting to be seen. The intake staff could not have been more helpful and nice and most of all knowledgeable. Within 15 mintues I was taken to a patien'ts room and 5 mintues later in walked what seemed like a kid in a lab coat who turned out to be Dr. Hughes. We spent 45 mitunes going over my medical history. He asked questions and he LISTENED to my responses. He has a caring bedside manner. Dr. Hughes took an oath when he became a doctor and he has not forgotten that oath of care but lives it. He is an amazing human being who cares. I am proud he is my doctor.
He ordered a test for me and for three days I got a run around from Desert Regional Hospital to schediule the test. Finally, in frustration I called the Dr. Hughes' office and a woman named Monica spoke to me and said she qould get the martter resovled within 15 mintues of speaking to Monica I had an appointmen for the test. Wow, and she is only one person of a staff who is equally as compentent.
I really give 5 stars to a fantastic doctor and staff. Bravo! In this day of lack of respect this is one place where the patient comes first and foremost. Sorry for typos no spell check!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2622676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

my wife and I were referred to this doctor he seemed great. but his staff was unfriendly from time to time and also had to wait about 3 weeks to get blood results back to which the doctor never even called to go over. they simply said you are okay. Only after myself and my wife would call day after day and they would say the results are on the doctors desk waiting to be gone over. Bottom line is good thing I'm not dying...or hopefully not at least, if I did have some sort of condition it would have had almost a month to progress...thanks a lot doc...will be looking for a new Md sadly:(

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2571116].votes_count ]]