Rate Dr. Michael D. Hughes

Dr. Michael D. Hughes's Ratings

I did not know what to expect when I made an appointment at Dr. Hughes' office. I thought there be people all over waiting and have to endure hours of time to see him for 5 minutes.
Well, just the complete opposite. I was greeted by an office with only two other people waiting to be seen. The intake staff could not have been more helpful and nice and most of all knowledgeable. Within 15 mintues I was taken to a patien'ts room and 5 mintues later in walked what seemed like a kid in a lab coat who turned out to be Dr. Hughes. We spent 45 mitunes going over my medical history. He asked questions and he LISTENED to my responses. He has a caring bedside manner. Dr. Hughes took an oath when he became a doctor and he has not forgotten that oath of care but lives it. He is an amazing human being who cares. I am proud he is my doctor.
He ordered a test for me and for three days I got a run around from Desert Regional Hospital to schediule the test. Finally, in frustration I called the Dr. Hughes' office and a woman named Monica spoke to me and said she qould get the martter resovled within 15 mintues of speaking to Monica I had an appointmen for the test. Wow, and she is only one person of a staff who is equally as compentent.
I really give 5 stars to a fantastic doctor and staff. Bravo! In this day of lack of respect this is one place where the patient comes first and foremost. Sorry for typos no spell check!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

my wife and I were referred to this doctor he seemed great. but his staff was unfriendly from time to time and also had to wait about 3 weeks to get blood results back to which the doctor never even called to go over. they simply said you are okay. Only after myself and my wife would call day after day and they would say the results are on the doctors desk waiting to be gone over. Bottom line is good thing I'm not dying...or hopefully not at least, if I did have some sort of condition it would have had almost a month to progress...thanks a lot doc...will be looking for a new Md sadly:(

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2571116].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

The bad reviews are unfortunately true. This office unnecessarily jeopardizes patients' health through its disorganization and carelessness. Expect to wait many weeks for them to fax a simple paper ordering your medically necessary tests across the street to radiology, eventhough you've already been authorized by insurance and radiology can schedule you the next day. They don't even respond to radiology's request for proper paperwork. This doctor doesn't look you in the eye or greet you when he comes in and you're lucky if he examines you at all, even if you're seriously ill... there's no follow up at all by him or his staff about your problems. As a teaching facility under th UCR system, you would think they would be a cut above the rest but they are actually worse! What are they teaching students? How to be bad practitioners wth terrible medical assistants? Palm Springs is a small town and people are begining to talk. I definitely intend to complain to the UCR about it. And everyone else should too.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2553807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Dr ordered cardiac testing that couldn't be done at Desert Regional. I then waited and called for 6 weeks...totally worthless, giggle staff did NOTHING for 6 weeks!!! In the meantime, my resting heart rate is dropping into the 30's/min and I am afraid. If you are suicidal...this is YOUR doctor!!!! He DOES NOTHING to help. Now his office staff is promising to send me elsewhere. I am going to die before these fools do anything!!! Someone PLEASE help me!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2530427].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Would not order certain tests I requested, saying there was no validity in these tests. Untrue. Had zero experience with prescribing my medicine-- only the synthetic version. The dosing is WAY different. Was put on less than a normal starting dose and he saw no reason to up my dose-- i was having severe symptoms. again, this had to do with not knowing how to prescribe this medicine and how frequently the dose should be updated. Didn't know how to read my labs and adhered to outdated lab values. Nurse insinuated that I was a hypochondriac/reading too much internet stuff. The appointments were the worst. I would talk about my symptoms, only to be met complete silence. Seemed very unwilling to read up on my symptoms/condition. I always felt like he wasn't listening. Average appointment time allotted was 10 minutes.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2473564].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 2, 2014

Visited Dr. Hughes for chest pains, difficulty breathing & chronic back pain. Dr. did not examine me, he ordered blood work and said he would order MRI for my back and a stress test for chest pains through insurance co. When I arrived at Lab Corp with blood work order form, I saw that he was checking me for HIV and Hep C. He did not inform me of this and had no reason to test me for these. In fact, my finace was in Dr. Hughes's examining room with us. At my follow up visit, I asked why he tested me for these conditions & he told me he had the right to do so without my knowledge. Fast forward 2 months and numerous phone calls later & I am still waiting to have my MRI and stress test for chest pains done. It took him 8 weeks to send the request to the insurance co. I still cannot schedule the tests until his office sends the requests directly to the hospital which I have asked them to do & the hospital has asked them to do. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF GOING TO THIS OFFICE!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2473565].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 25, 2014

he took me right on time - I was out of there in 45 minutes. He addressed all of my concerns,ordered tests and lab work as needed. The office was clean and professional.There are 5 other doctors in his practice , soon to be 9, so you can get in right away - he said within a day.That is so important when you are sick not to have to wait a week or two for an appointment.He was very nice, knowledgeable and explained things to me. I recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2211679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr Michael Hughes is a very caring,helpful,and very professional doctor .Compassionate on what he is doing with his work ....so dedicated with every patient who goes to his facility....I feel so blessed I found this doctor......I am very happy to be his patient.....how I wish some doctors will be like him....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2211678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I was recommended to Dr Hughes as my previous Dr dropped me when i changed insurance companies and could not be happier. He has a wonderful manner with his patients; i was pleasantly surprised how he combined being professional while also friendly and welcoming. I felt I had his undivided attention while he was taking my medical history, really listening and asking questions and occasionally sharing a little story that tied in with my history. We discussed what tests needed to be done to get my medical history up to date. I was able to get a physical appointment in 5 days and once again he was thorough and a very non-rushed visit. His staff very friendly too so all in all an amazing visit and a relief to have so quickly found another Primary Care Physician. I have been actively recommending Dr Hughes to friends in a similar situation as mine (being dropped due to I durance changes as well as others looking for a better physician experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2211677].votes_count ]]