Rate Dr. Lawrence J. Drahota

Dr. Lawrence J. Drahota's Ratings

Dr Drahota is knowledgeable and talented. I recently had an emergency surgery with him. It went smoothly and I am on the way to a full recovery. Thanks Dr Drahota and his team. I would highly recommend this surgeon to anybody I know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Upon learning I had an inguinal hernia, ended up being 2, I began extensively researching surgeons in the KC area. I even talked with people out of state who had local connections with people in the medical profession. All roads led back to Dr. Drahota. The common theme was that Dr Drahota was thorough and meticulous and most importantly gets it done right the FIRST time. Upon initial consultation, I was expecting "we need to get you into surgery right away". I told him my schedule and committments and his response was "call me when you are ready." 2 months later I scheduled with Jill. Having the procedure was the easiest decision I've made in a long time. Stressful, to be sure, but Dr Drahota's confidence (not cockyness) and experience say more in fewer words than most surgeons I spoke with about the procedure. Everything has gone exactly as planned and I can't thank Jill and Dr's staff enough. Do your homework, or just go see for yourself. I think you'll end up with similar results.

Nate in KC

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

DR. DRAHOTA ACTUALLY REPAIRED A PREVIOUS SURGERY AND FOUND 6 MORE HERNIAS. HE KNEW EXACTLY HOW TO REPAIR THE DAMAGED AREAS AND REPAIRED IT CORRECTLY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIS SERVICES AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH HIS PROFESSIONALISM. HIS STAFF WAS EQUALLY KNOWLEDGABLE. I HAVE RECOMMENDED DR. DRAHOTA TO OTHERS. TOTALLY SATISFIED.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2212540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Wonderful surgeon. Great bed side manner. Explained surgery in great detail then took care of business. Would recommend to a family member.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][86760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Dr. Drahota is very knowledgeable and punctual. His staff is very friendly. He has now operated on 2 different family members with no complications.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][86759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

I went into the emergency room with what seemed like a routine gall bladder problem. My physician's office had told me to go to ER because it was late in the day and she was afraid we would not get to deal with the problem until the next day. Dr Drahota operated on me. He had to call in a colleague because of the extent of disease in the gall bladder. He was very concerned about my recovery. I could not have asked for better care or skill. Should I ever need further surgery, his will be the first office I call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][86758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

My son was beaten almost to death! He had a 4th degree liver laceration. The key point is to not operate on this problem, most will die. If my son had gone to any other trauma center or ended up in anyone's care except Dr. Drahota I am certain he would have died! Dr. Drahota is a fantastic surgeon, but he knows when to not operate. That is a true sign of a smart surgeon. He came to see my son in ICU everyday, even on his day off!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][86749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

I had been putting off a triple hernia surgery for years. Finally when it was time to do something I did some research and checked on the laparoscopic procedure and found Dr. Drahota's office through the St. Luke's referral system. Does it hurt post OP? Yes. Was it as bad as I thought it would be? No. I'm glad I had the procedure. The staff made me feel comfortable and the surgery center was a very nice facility. I am comfortable with their knowledge, technique and follow-up. I would highly recommend Dr. Drahota to anyone considering this procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][86754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2014

I had inguinal hernia repair done by Dr. Drahota and am very pleased with the results. The office staff was always great and Dr Drahota is down to earth and professional. The surgery went well and recovery as explained went just as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][86752].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2014

The information received about the issue and the procedure during the consultation left me assured I was not only in good hands with the doctor, but the staff was extremely helpful in assisting me totally with the red tape. (as to speak).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][86755].votes_count ]]