Dr. LAWRENCE J. DRAHOTA

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. LAWRENCE J. DRAHOTA has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5422034
23/04/14 5 5 5 5 DR. DRAHOTA ACTUALLY REPAIRED A PREVIOUS SURGERY AND FOUND 6 MORE HERNIAS. HE KNEW EXACTLY HOW TO REPAIR THE DAMAGED AREAS AND REPAIRED IT CORRECTLY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIS SERVICES AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH HIS PROFESSIONALISM. HIS STAFF WAS EQUALLY KNOWLEDGABLE. I HAVE RECOMMENDED DR. DRAHOTA TO OTHERS. TOTALLY SATISFIED.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 5238441
14/03/14 5 5 5 5 Wonderful surgeon. Great bed side manner. Explained surgery in great detail then took care of business. Would recommend to a family member.  Respond
RID: 5234930
12/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Drahota is very knowledgeable and punctual. His staff is very friendly. He has now operated on 2 different family members with no complications.
RID: 5217427
01/03/14 5 5 5 5 I went into the emergency room with what seemed like a routine gall bladder problem. My physician's office had told me to go to ER because it was late in the day and she was afraid we would not get to deal with the problem until the next day. Dr Drahota operated on me. He had to call in a colleague because of the extent of disease in the gall bladder. He was very concerned about my recovery. I could not have asked for better care or skill. Should I ever need further surgery, his will be the first office I call.
RID: 5176753
13/02/14 5 5 5 5 My son was beaten almost to death! He had a 4th degree liver laceration. The key point is to not operate on this problem, most will die. If my son had gone to any other trauma center or ended up in anyone's care except Dr. Drahota I am certain he would have died! Dr. Drahota is a fantastic surgeon, but he knows when to not operate. That is a true sign of a smart surgeon. He came to see my son in ICU everyday, even on his day off!
RID: 5172037
10/02/14 5 5 5 5 I had been putting off a triple hernia surgery for years. Finally when it was time to do something I did some research and checked on the laparoscopic procedure and found Dr. Drahota's office through the St. Luke's referral system. Does it hurt post OP? Yes. Was it as bad as I thought it would be? No. I'm glad I had the procedure. The staff made me feel comfortable and the surgery center was a very nice facility. I am comfortable with their knowledge, technique and follow-up. I would highly recommend Dr. Drahota to anyone considering this procedure.
RID: 5170023
08/02/14 5 5 5 5 I had inguinal hernia repair done by Dr. Drahota and am very pleased with the results. The office staff was always great and Dr Drahota is down to earth and professional. The surgery went well and recovery as explained went just as well.
RID: 4913062
06/02/14 5 5 5 5 The information received about the issue and the procedure during the consultation left me assured I was not only in good hands with the doctor, but the staff was extremely helpful in assisting me totally with the red tape. (as to speak).
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 4753218
05/02/14 5 5 5 5 First and far most I would like to thank God for sending me to Dr. Lawrence J. Drahota. He have operated on me twice and each time was a success. Doctors are not God we should not except nothing from them but what God has given them. Dr. Drahota operated on me for Colon Cancer and I followed his step by step recovery and I am glad to say I am fine and doing well. While in Overland Park Regional Hospital he came to see me everyday and talked to me about my colon and answer all of the question my wife needed to know. If he was going to be late Dr. Drahota informed the nurses and staff and arrived when he was available. If I got sick through the night Dr. Drahota was just a phone call away for the nursing staff. I am at home now waiting to return to work but I was told by his nurse to call if I had any problems as well as Dr. Drahota. I would recommend this Dr. to anyone that have the same colon cancer situation that I have had he was straight forward with me and my family. I rate a 5 !!
Insurance: Humana
RID: 4751454
05/02/14 5 5 5 5 I have known Dr. Drahota for over 10 years and he is one of the most talented and compassionate physicians I have come across in a long time. He was so attentive with my procedure and followed up with me multiple times to make sure I was okay. I have recommended him to all my friends and colleagues.
RID: 4730664
04/02/14 4 5 5 5 Dr Drahota is one if the few surgeons that is attentive to detail. In this day and age of patients being numbers he takes pride in making sure things are done properly and that each patient gets the best treatment available. He has operated on a family member and he made sure that everything went well during and post op.
RID: 4729557
03/02/14 5 5 5 5 I went in and seen Dr.Drahota for a procedure and he was very knowledgeable and very genuine. He truly cares about his patients. It is hard to find a doctor/surgeon that has great qualities in all aspects and he has met all standards. His staff is very welcoming and I am blessed I have met such a wonderful group of people. I will recommend Dr.Drahota to friends and family.  Respond
RID: 4399648
29/01/14 1 1 1 1 Dr. Drahota has the worst bedside manner ever! I had my surgery a couple weeks ago and have developed an infection. It hurt so bad I could barely walk. I went in to see him and he basically said "you will live" and did nothing. My husband and I went to get a second opinion and I have 2 abscesses and MRSA. The hospital drained my abcesses and I feel so much better. Dr Drahota is always in a rush and does not have time to deal with his patients. I will never EVER go back to him again. He doesn't care about his patients. He just wants them to hurry up and get out of his office! I will not recommend him to anyone either!
Paid (or co-pay): $1500
RID: 3633122

16/12/13 3 3 1 1 This Dr is a QUACK!!! He performed a Cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal) & totally botched the job. I had an extra bile duct that a FULL 20% of the population has, & he didn't tie mine off. I was in severe pain, & 5 days after surgery after he had long since left for his Mexican Vacation, (didn't bother to tell me he would be leaving the morning after my surgery!) I was back in the ER in SEVERE pain 5 days later. I was told by medical staff that most people return within 24 hrs if this occurs. Guess I am tougher than I thought. I had to have emergency surgery to fix his screw up because I had a raging infection in my abdominal cavity! Spent 5 days in the hospital and had to go home with a drain for 2 weeks. I wouldn't let this ARROGANT idiot operate on my dog!!! I see he has had to change surgical groups since he was my surgeon as well. Must have to make the rounds as one group finds out how incompetent he is, he moves on to the next group! Cost me $2500 for 2nd surgery!
See Responses

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "LAWRENCE" to "LAWRENCE J."
RID: 2715491
22/07/13 3 2 1 4 Thoroughly self-absorbed and lacking in compassion. Technically is probably just as good as most average doctors in a trauma setting. Really lacking in the follow-up department.
Insurance: Anthem
See Responses
RID: 1852758
05/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Drahota is a wonderful doctor. He saved my life! He stayed by my side through many tests and procedures. He was always there to explain things to me. I am so thankful to have him as a surgeron!
RID: 1488044
15/07/11 5 5 5 5 great surgeon and wonderful bedside manner...office staff was great too