Rate Dr. Alan M. Engler

Dr. Alan M. Engler's Ratings

I couldn't be happier with my choice of Dr Engler for my liposuction. I had planned on visiting other well rated surgeons too, but felt so comfortable with Dr Engler straight away that I knew he was the right person. He was not pushy in any way and I knew would not touch areas that didn't need it.

He was very accommodating in fitting me in for a surgery date and conversing via email while I was overseas. By the second visit I was treated like a friend. I had almost no nerves going into surgery as was had established a real trust very quickly. All his staff and the anaesthetist, Dr Douglas Kornreich, were fabulous too. My boyfriend came in with me before the surgery and has been so impressed with Dr E that he is considering surgery himself.

A couple of days before the surgery, my boyfriend had asked if I was having the small patch of fat on my inner knees done. It hand't occurred to me before and all the other surgery was at the top of my legs or higher. I asked Dr E if we could consider it and with no problem he said we'd just look at it when I came in on surgery day. There was no discussion about further payment and he just made it happen - simple and easy.

I have helped friends through surgeries before and feel this was a better process. The markings on my body were subtle, unlike some of the cases I've seen. As I woke up, I was comfortable, already girdled and the lovely nurse was on hand whenever I wanted water for my dry throat. I couldn't have been better looked after getting wheeled to the car by Dr E with a lollypop. It was nothing like the sloppy uncomfortable messes of friends I've had to deal with when they are released into my care. Even though I was stiff and tender, I was happy and found the next two days pretty easy - I mainly slept. Dr E called us regularly to check in, so I felt enormously cared for.

The following days were tougher and the twilight anaesthetic completely left my system and I found how badly my body deals with Percocet, Vicodin and muscle relaxer. In my medicated state, it hand't occurred to me to taper down faster and I ended up with a spinning head and ringing in my ears for days, but there is really no-one to blame. It is now day 10 and I have only been able to have Tylenol, as I let my body get clear of the other meds. Lipo is painful and Tylenol really isn't enough at some times yet. Dr E was as helpful as could be. At first I had thought I would need more Percocet and he went out of his way to get me a prescription - really fabulous of him. When it became clear I needed the opposite, he supported me through the come-down instead.

I would advise anyone considering lipo to clear your calendars as much as possible for the first week, which is a balance between pain and being out of it on meds. I've been reasonably active around the house in the last few days and I certainly feel it.

The bruising is starting to go down. I'm too swollen to tell about my shape, but Dr E is very happy (he really lifted my spirits during my check-up) and my boyfriend can see the difference and potential. The incisions are so well hidden on my tail bone, in the crease at the top of my legs and my knee crease.

During the check-up, Dr E asked if the nurse and great assistant could take a look while I had the girdle off and it was like having two friends so excited for me and impressed with what they had all achieved together. You never feel like just one of the many patients in this place.

I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Engler.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2014 | flag

I heard of Dr. Engler through a close friend who recently had liposuction surgery. After seeing her amazing results, I decided to contact Dr. Engler for a free consultation. What can I say after our initial meeting was that he had me at hello. Dr. Engler took the time to describe in clear detail what procedure would be best for me. For me to get the best results, I decided to have a breast reduction and tummy tuck. Dr. Engler was not only caring and compassionate but took the time to explain what I could expect both pre and post-surgery. Throughout my surgery, Dr. Engler and his staff went well above any expectations I could have had. I decided to stay at a nearby hotel after my surgery and hired Dr. Engler’s physician assistant, Katie, during my stay. She was like Florence Nightingale and took care of me all day and night. Dr. Engler also visited me every day at the hotel. I don’t know of any doctor who makes house calls and he also called every day after I returned home to check on my condition and answer any questions or concerns I might have. This was priceless!
I am recovering beautifully and well ahead of schedule. I feel like I won the lottery by finding Dr. Engler. If you are interested in any cosmetic procedure, I suggest you run not walk to Dr. Engler’s office. He is the best of the best.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2014 | flag

Had lipoma removed last by him excellent procedure very flexible with schedule. Great surgeon.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

My struggle with feeling confident about my body, specifically my breasts, began when I was a teenager. At that time, surgery was conducted, a reduction in one breast, to match the size of the smaller one. Fast-forward to 16 years later, and once again I began to experience greater asymmetry. In addition to the fantastic reviews I found on the internet, a girl friend of mine could not have spoken more highly about Dr. Engler. I was confident and excited about the possibilities, however he was very honest and realistic about what to expect. He was meticulous when planning for my surgery. His genuine concern was made even more clear, as he called a couple of times on the day of surgery, and then continued to touch base with me daily for the first week, to check in on how I was doing. I have continued to go for follow-up visits to the office and keep in touch with Dr. Engler via telephone calls and e-mail; he is always available. Thank you Dr. Engler!!!

Submitted July 30, 2014 | flag

Having my breast augmentation procedure was something I had put a great deal of thought into for years. Now, a few months post surgery I can truly say it was one of the best decisions I could ever have made. My being a registered nurse, I knew having a top- notch surgeon and his staff would make all the difference. Dr. Engler and his staff are AMAZING, and that is an understatement. Beyond professional, Dr. Engler made sure I was informed of everything that was about to happen. I know how important it is for patients to be knowledgeable of all procedures and Dr. Engler was more than happy to answer all of my questions.

Submitted July 30, 2014 | flag

I just didn't care for Dr. Engler when I met him for my consultation. He seemed scattered and unfocused. When it came to detailing the procedure I was inquiring about, a breast lift, he seemed really stumped. He offered two options for me and then suggested that since there were so many variables I should probably not attempt to fix my breasts at all. "They're not that bad." I couldn't believe it! They are down to my belly button! I just felt very underwhelmed by this doctor that people rave about. And I felt that he was really uninterested and unenthusiastic about helping me.

Submitted July 10, 2014 | flag

Immediate results on hips with liposuction. Extremely knowledgeable doctor, professional staff, competitive pricing and amazing follow up. I would recommend Dr. Engler to anyone and everyone considering having liposuction. He is truly gifted!

Submitted April 17, 2014 | flag

Going to Dr. Engler was one of the best decisions of my life. I’m a 31 year old male and Dr. Engler performed liposuction on my stomach, love handles, and lower back. It was an amazing experience from the initial consultation to post-surgery checkups. Only seven days after surgery, my results look fantastic and my self confidence is through the roof. At 23 years old I had gained a massive amount of weight in a short period of time. After learning how to love myself, becoming physically active, and developing proper eating habits, most of the weight came off. But after six years trying, no amount of working out, or eating healthy, would selectively remove the fat around my midsection. I just went in to see Dr. Engler a week after surgery and the results that I’m seeing are phenomenal. Thank you again Dr. Engler for making this a great experience and helping me achieve fantastic results.

Submitted March 23, 2014 | flag

I had breast reduction 3 weeks ago. It was decades in the making and deciding to do it was a roller coaster of time and emotion for me. It went great! I was so nervous but the procedure went so well and the pain was completely manageable. The result is better than I could have hoped for and I look forward to living a much more comfortable life. As far as my surgeon goes, Dr. Engler is the best and I do not say this lightly. Everyone at the office is so wonderful. They never rush you, will answer any question you have and I never felt any pressure during the consults to have the surgery. It was all up to me. Finding a surgeon is a daunting task and I did my research and met with a couple of surgeons. I knew pretty much right away that Dr. E was the surgeon for me. Gut instinct/God nudge and I went with it and very happy that I did. I would highly recommend him to anyone! Incredibly gifted surgeon who is also kind and patient.

Submitted March 9, 2014 | flag

Every plastic surgeon said they did breast reductions, but offered no info on how often. I was astounded that many docs used photos of surgeries that other people had done! Then, I found Dr. Alan Engler: He'd shown before & afters on TV & had written a book. I was ecstatic to see that the photos in his books & on the web were of real patients whom he had personally operated on & there were bodies that looked like mine. Dr. Engler was professional & friendly, as was his staff. He took many more measurements than other potential docs had & explained everything. He personally handled my insurance issues & hospital scheduling. He returned calls within 15minutes (like a concierge doctor!). He did a beautiful job & I'm very happy with the results. I did have lots of post-op concerns & the 1st wk Dr. Engler called me every day. He also let me come in for several post-op check-ups to reassure me that I was healing properly. I would recommend him to anyone considering this surgery.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2014 | flag