Rate Dr. Marcia Mastrin

Dr. Marcia Mastrin's Ratings

Great doctor who actually cares about my fitness goals. Many people say if I only had good pain management I would be able to _____, and they don't ever do anything they said they would do only of they had some pain relief. Well I can say I was able to achieve some pretty amazing fitness goals in 2014 and performed at a competitive level against other elite athletes and I can say Doc Mastrin was instrumental in that success. Yes she is not one just to increase dose, and she is cautious, maybe it feels sometimes she is overly cautious. But in the grand scheme of things she is the doctor and she also considers what you are saying your long term goals are. So for me an eventual surgery is the next and hopefully last step in this nightmare of pain I deal with daily, as all the other pre-surgery procedures have not helped really at all, and only has cost me money I did not have. All and all first doctor who really encouraged me in my sport and did not tell me to stop because it does for sure enhance my pain. So if you want a Doctor that see's the big picture she is someone who you can talk with and actually have a real doctor patient experience with like it should be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Dr. Mastrin is very gruff and not at all sensitive to the problems that go along with chronic pain patients. She is more interested in reducing the dosage of the medication you are on than how the existing dosage handles your pain. For the first time in 22 years I was pretty much pain free and on the second visit she began what she called "a slow, but drastic reduction in the dosage" of the pain medicines I was on. Now I am back to being in constant pain and spending most of my days in bed. She does not care! She was more interested in telling me to stop smoking (20+ times our first meeting) than she is about my pain level and how I am doing on medication. I am not a drug seeker. I am a 64 year old woman with 4 different chronic pain conditions and in a lot of pain. I know what works for me and what doesn't. What she has in mind doesn't, but she doesn't care as long as you do as you are told like a good little child.
I will be searching for another doctor in the immediate future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

I do not believe that she finished med school.She has very little knowledge and feigns arrogance.
Disdainful,weak person who is terrified that she will be found out.
I may have her investigated.I will.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2561673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Dr Mastrin is a wonderful caring doctor. I've been to pain clinics only to be given meds and injections, Dr Mastrin got me into PT, ordered my MRI, and Emg, and then referred me to a neurosurgeon who will finally give me use of my arm back. Anyone who has something negative to say about this Dr, is only doing so because they are drug seekers, and she's not prescribing what they want. Although she doesn't take insurance, I submit my claim myself and have my money back in 72 hours.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2548883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

The best Dr. She cares so much about her patients and def recommended to family. Staff is excellent so nice and friendly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2518656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

I have had a hard time finding a good pain doctor. With having, Lupus, Spinal Stenosis, Fibromyalgia, herniated disc. I guess im not the typical painted physical picture of what Doctors want me to look like. Even though my medical records and tests show and my physical limitations don't allow me t o live a normal life. I still take care of myself. But I get everywhere I go "but you don't look sick" with Dr. Mastrin, she was very arrigant. And didn't have good bedside manners. And to me dealing with patients in a great deal of pay, you have to have compassion. So i feel i wasted a lot of money to deal with a****Dr. I feel she could be a better Dr if she works on her bedside manners and accepts health insurances. Because reality paying an in tial $250.00 and then $150.00 for follow up monthly visits is just not acceptable when I have health insurance coverage that I pay for. Hope this helps.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2212937].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Best Pain Dr in the world. I strongly recommend. I have seen a few others and without a doubt Dr Mastrin is the best. She is truly concerned and willing to work with her patients. Only complaint I have is they do not take insurance but it is worth the money out of pocket to see her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2212936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

I just have to give props to my pain doctor – Dr. Marcia Mastrin in Phoenix. There are very few doctors out there who are willing to manage pain control and narcotics, and I've had some very bad luck with other doctors in the area. Dr. Mastrin worked out a very sensible plan to wean me off of my narcotics (my choice). I'm happy to say that I'm completely off of the Fentanyl. (Whoop whoop!) Even better, she gave me some other meds to help with the side effects and, other than a couple of achy days, I really haven't had too many withdrawal symptoms. I've heard such horrible horror stories of how this goes, but thus far I've been pretty comfortable. Megan

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][87099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

Dr.Mastrin is very very good doctor. The staff is just as great. Like another post said if your looking for pain meds go some where else. The doctor and staff dont want that drama, and me as a patient sure dont want it or need it. The only thing i didnt like is she dropped my mg down very first visit, without askung how the doses that i was on are doing. I wasnt on that high of doses either, im down to the minnium doses now. Every since she has done this i have found myself back in bed again more than out. It sucks because i was doing great on the other mgs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][87091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Mastrin for 4 months now. My previous pain management Dr was most concern for me to have a 3rd back surgery it was that way every month, now Dr Mastrin on the other hand isn't that way she did reccomand that I do PT which I had no problem doing. If you see Dr. Mastrin for the first time make sure u take any MRI CT and any other reports u have. The staff is great I live in chandler and was running late to my appointment I called and was told no problem they will see me when I get there. The office staff is awesome and Dr. Mastrin is awesome I only wish they took insurance, but they don't so it is what it is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][87098].votes_count ]]