Dr. Barry J. Zamost

Grad. Year: 1976

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 27/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Barry J. Zamost has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

19/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0
RID: 2740725
29/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Zamost is my favorite doctor. He always has a way of brightening my day, no matter how bad my current physical condition. He goes out of his way to make sure you are comfortable and fully informed and is very respectful. He never seems rushed and is always happy to answer any of your questions. As another commenter mentioned, his nurse Wanda is great as well.  Respond
RID: 2005848
10/04/12 5 5 5 5 I found Dr. Zamost by searching for a gastroeneterologist here on Rate My Doctor. What people said about him is correct. He is helpful, goes into great details, gives you all the info you need, is realistic, and was perfectly on time!!!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1483017
10/07/11 5 5 5 5 Friendly, smart. Helped me understand my illness. Approachable, nice. Excellent bed side manner. I fully recommend him if you have any GI issues.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1275616
20/10/10 5 4 5 5 Excellent manners Dr meets patient in the waiting room and escorts to exam room staff is very friendly and organized call ahead for appt expect a week or so for appointment
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 957829
08/08/09 4 4 5 4 Dr. Zamost is the best doctor I have found in the Long Beach area to help me with my Crohns Disease..He is smart and gives me all my options. He is clear in his explanations and has wonderful compassion. He truly cares for his patients and if he doesn't know the answer he admits it and will try to find a solution..very helpful and loving. Great doctor. His assistant Wanda is amazing as well.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield