Rate Dr. William M. Costigan

Dr. William M. Costigan's Ratings

he gets you in and out just as fast as he can I know everybody needs to make money but i figered it out he must see 20 people an hour thats cool for him bad for us.I wish I was a girl they love him but we cant all be rich goodlooking doctors

Submitted March 24, 2014 | flag

I sent Dr. Costigan a patient of mine to be evaluated. She had suffered a traumatic injury some months ago, and an MRI revealed what was thought to be a fracture in a thoracic vertebra. My patient reported to me that his expertise, demeanor and care impressed her - and his handling of this difficult case impressed me to the point that I will not hesitate to recommend patients to him. Dr. WDG D.C.

Submitted June 7, 2011 | flag

This doctor is knowledgeable but not thorough enough. He is very affectionate. The staff is under responsive and his nurse can be rude.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2010 | flag

I thought this doctor was knowlegable, but not thorough enough. He's also very affectionate. The staff I felt was a bit under responsive and his nurse can rude.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2010 | flag

1/30/10 I initially saw Dr Costigan for a severe neck pain and terrible headaches. I had been told in 2002 that I would need neck surgery at some time in the future. Dr Costigan did not push the knife, he started with the option of epidurals and pain meds and anti-inflammatory's. After a while we opted for surgery and he is a wonderful surgeon, explaining everything very well and my recovery. I have had many lumbar back surgeries in the past and when I needed to attend to my low back pain again and remove old hardware he was there for me again. Another very sucessful surgery thanks to Dr. Costigan. He had medical representative come to my home to bring me special new devices for cold pain therapy along with special back braces. He really thought of my case when I was not around also. I would reccomend him for any surgery, he in very intellegent and always thinking. His nurse Rei was so helpful in the office and on the phone. They are a great team.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr. Costigan is a delight. I went to see him for a herniated disc. Instead of pushing automatic surgery on me, he prescribed an epidural followed by a few weeks of physical therapy. He is friendly, knowledgeable, energetic, affectionate. He takes the time to explain and describe everything in detail. I can't say enough about the man. I feel like a member of my family is taking care of me when I'm in his hands. Thank God for his high level of energy. I can't imagine what he goes through in one day.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2009 | flag

I've been a patient of Costigan for several years, always seems to prescribe the same drugs, likes to give epidurals, but they work. Not sure if I care for the pain management or the PT, but overall satisfied. He is curt, but also very bright- there is a trade off. My next stop is Dr. Jobe, for another opinion. Overall, I am satisfied with his services.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2009 | flag

I saw this MD and feel that he does not take the time to really examine the patient and pushed epidural injections as a first line of defense. His office released another person's medical records to my insuarnce and Aetna tried to cancel my policy because this other person had MAJOR back issues and mine are mild. They never noticed it was another person's records ( different age, gender, ID number). This doctor's staff was completely unwilling to help me and I had to hire a lawyer to get this mess cleared up, which took 6 months.I had to go into see the doctor to get this cleared up and he admitted the mistake and corrected it, and told me there would be no charge for the visit. I then received a bill for $295! After several calls to the office, they admitted that the bill was a mistake and I did not owe anything. they also tried to bill my insurance for this, which I also caught and corrected. Very bad service.

Submitted June 19, 2009 | flag

I am 22 years old and 6 days ago Dr. Costigan did a micro diskectomy. I had been suffering from the disk problem and after attempts at fixing it with physical therapy I was referred to him by Dr. Fraipont who works in the same office. The minute he walked in he was very nice, caring and friendly. He looked at my MRI and explained it all to me and in the end that it would be best to fix the problem with surgery because my herniation was so bad. I was nervous but I am so happy I went through with the surgery. I have zero pain, no longer have weakness in my leg, and the numbness is residing. He has given me my life back. Even though I am still early on in my recovery I know I will be back to the way I was before all these problems, maybe even better. He might come right off and say that you need surgery but that is only because he is experienced and knows what he is dealing with. If you need to talk or ask questions he will call back and he is also very patient and thorough.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2008 | flag

My Mother is 94. The initial visit was very short with a promise that the prescribed hospital procedure would eliminate her pain. It did not in fact it was worse. I felt that he should have taken more time to really assess her condition and taken into consideration her age and her frailty. She ended up in the hospital and a convalescent hospital for several months.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2008 | flag