Rate Dr. William M. Costigan

Dr. William M. Costigan's Ratings

Dr. Costigan is an outstanding doctor, albeit a busy one. Make allowances for that and just know you are in the best hands possible. Am very happy having him as a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr. Costigan performed back surgery on our daughter. We are very greatful for his personal involvement and genuine concern for our daughter's emotional and physical well-being!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

he gets you in and out just as fast as he can I know everybody needs to make money but i figered it out he must see 20 people an hour thats cool for him bad for us.I wish I was a girl they love him but we cant all be rich goodlooking doctors

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2171268].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I sent Dr. Costigan a patient of mine to be evaluated. She had suffered a traumatic injury some months ago, and an MRI revealed what was thought to be a fracture in a thoracic vertebra. My patient reported to me that his expertise, demeanor and care impressed her - and his handling of this difficult case impressed me to the point that I will not hesitate to recommend patients to him. Dr. WDG D.C.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2171279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

This doctor is knowledgeable but not thorough enough. He is very affectionate. The staff is under responsive and his nurse can be rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2171267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2010

I thought this doctor was knowlegable, but not thorough enough. He's also very affectionate. The staff I felt was a bit under responsive and his nurse can rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2171266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2010

1/30/10 I initially saw Dr Costigan for a severe neck pain and terrible headaches. I had been told in 2002 that I would need neck surgery at some time in the future. Dr Costigan did not push the knife, he started with the option of epidurals and pain meds and anti-inflammatory's. After a while we opted for surgery and he is a wonderful surgeon, explaining everything very well and my recovery. I have had many lumbar back surgeries in the past and when I needed to attend to my low back pain again and remove old hardware he was there for me again. Another very sucessful surgery thanks to Dr. Costigan. He had medical representative come to my home to bring me special new devices for cold pain therapy along with special back braces. He really thought of my case when I was not around also. I would reccomend him for any surgery, he in very intellegent and always thinking. His nurse Rei was so helpful in the office and on the phone. They are a great team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2171278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2010

Dr. Costigan is a delight. I went to see him for a herniated disc. Instead of pushing automatic surgery on me, he prescribed an epidural followed by a few weeks of physical therapy. He is friendly, knowledgeable, energetic, affectionate. He takes the time to explain and describe everything in detail. I can't say enough about the man. I feel like a member of my family is taking care of me when I'm in his hands. Thank God for his high level of energy. I can't imagine what he goes through in one day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2171277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2009

I've been a patient of Costigan for several years, always seems to prescribe the same drugs, likes to give epidurals, but they work. Not sure if I care for the pain management or the PT, but overall satisfied. He is curt, but also very bright- there is a trade off. My next stop is Dr. Jobe, for another opinion. Overall, I am satisfied with his services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2171276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2009

I saw this MD and feel that he does not take the time to really examine the patient and pushed epidural injections as a first line of defense. His office released another person's medical records to my insuarnce and Aetna tried to cancel my policy because this other person had MAJOR back issues and mine are mild. They never noticed it was another person's records ( different age, gender, ID number). This doctor's staff was completely unwilling to help me and I had to hire a lawyer to get this mess cleared up, which took 6 months.I had to go into see the doctor to get this cleared up and he admitted the mistake and corrected it, and told me there would be no charge for the visit. I then received a bill for $295! After several calls to the office, they admitted that the bill was a mistake and I did not owe anything. they also tried to bill my insurance for this, which I also caught and corrected. Very bad service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2171275].votes_count ]]