Rate Dr. Louis A. Stabile

Dr. Louis A. Stabile's Ratings

Great for knee replacement and,follow-up. I was having excruciating knee pain, and Dr. stabile operated 2weeks after my initial consiltation. He visited me each day I was in the hospital. I will need hip replacement in the future , and will definitely have Dr. Stabile do it

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Stabile to anyone requiring hip replacement surgery. While researching the subject, I attended several seminars put on by Stryker and heard Dr. Stabile's presentation - I chose him as my surgeon because of his extensive experience with the minimally invasive anterior approach method. After coping well for 7 years with my osteo-arthritic hip, I went for a consult in early 2013. As a Canadian who'd be paying out of pocket, I was stunned ( as well as impressed) when he turned me down as a candidate for surgery as I had "NO PAIN"!!! A year later, when the pain came, it was excruciating. This time, I met the criteria and had the procedure done within 5 days of my consult. The surgery lasted an hour and a half and the pain was gone instantaneously! In 21/2 weeks I was good as new. Dr. Stabile has a quirky sense of humor that appealed to me but may not be to every one's liking. He was attentive and caring and patiently addressed all my questions and concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2473612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Was more interested in watching the Masters than caring for his patient. Bad communication and extremely bad attitude. Will follow up with hospital. He is a bad representative of Desert Memorial.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][87777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Dr. Stabile has performed three surgeries for the orthopaedic problems I have had, from 2009 to 2011. He is very caring and compassionate toward his patients; making sure everything possible is done to ensure that post-opp pain is as minimal as possible, and that his patient is as comfortable as possible. Dr. Stabile gives priority to the needs of his patients over whether or not he performs the surgical procedure. I have an orthopaedic condition that requires a procedure that Dr. Stabile does not specialize in, so he's referring me to an orthopaedic surgeon who DOES specialize in it. I recommend Dr. Stabile as one's first and best choice when in need of orthopaedic care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][87776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2012

Though an excellent surgeon, sometimes it is difficult to get to speak with someone, as the office is large and everyone wants to transfer you to voice mail. When you leave a message, sometimes you get a call back, sometimes you don't. Dr. Stabile did knee surgery on my knee. After more than two months (and several visits to his office and the emergency room), some fluid was taken from the knee. I was immediately sent to the emergency room and admitted to the hospital. The site had become infected. The next day I had another surgery. I keep asking about the infection and keep being told the infection has not been determined. Either someone is trying to keep the type of infection from me or I have a unique infection...and I seriously doubt the latter. I spent 8 days in the hospital due to the infection and then 30 days at home with IV therapy. Though I feel Dr. Stabile is a very qualified doctor, I think his ego got in the way when the infection appeared.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][87775].votes_count ]]