You may also like

Rate Dr. Rachel K. Ashby

Dr. Rachel K. Ashby's Ratings

I would agree that Dr Ashby takes a very clinical approach to patient care. While we felt that she was fairly warm and interested during our initial consultation, after that meeting we felt like a the care was uninterested at best. After our first try at IVF ended in an early termination in the hospital where dr ashby's office was domiciled and although dr ashby was present in the offices, she did not even come out of her office to consul or offer advice. Several days later Dr ashby called to apologize after we had politely called with concern and a desire to speak to the doctor. During our second IVF process, we pushed harder for some interaction. While she seemed slightly more interested, her care seemed forced. After the second IVF treatment, Dr. Ashby did not even wish us luck or best wishes while sitting behind a glass wall 20 feet away. Seemed oblivious to the situation or understood importance of the process or results to the parents. The nurses on the other hand, were caring and much more interested in our success! After success post the second IVF treatment, we expected some type of contact from dr ashby directly. Maybe a call to say congrats? Five days later we had a schedule call to discuss the next steps. It was clear on the next call that the "doctor/patient relationship" was over and onto an obgyn. When we asked Dr. Ashby for some doctors names from an introductory perspective, she did not have any reccomendations. We were left in the cold, as with most of the IVF process. If you prefer a doctor that has a positive bedside manner or is really interested in the well being of the patient, I would go a different direction.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2730094].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

Smart and kind and loves what she does. She is confident and helped me to get pregnant on my first IVF attempt

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712094].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Ashby by a friend. She seems very competent and face to face, she is nice. However, it is impossible to get in touch with her for follow up questions. The NP would not escalate our calls to Dr. Ashby, rushes through questions, and is extremely curt and condescending. My husband is a specialist so we are pretty understanding of doctors and their limited schedule but this has been awful. We are starting our 1st treatment in a few days but despite multiple phone calls and emails, we still haven't had a follow up from Dr. Ashby since our initial consultation. The NP said we can't even get a follow up appt for 3 months. We would switch but we've already waited 6 weeks for our appointment with Dr. Ashby and we are hoping it will get better. However, we are keeping contemporaneous notes in case of a malpractice lawsuit because we are going into our treatment without any follow up from Dr. Ashby, just the NP.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2411620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

I have been a patient of dr ashby's for 5 yrs after leaving a previous reproductive clinic that consistently failed and then have up on us then we found dr ashby and our lives changed. She not only encouraged us but never gave up on us to have a baby and did everything in her power to fix the surgical mistakes the previous clinic did . After 8 ivf see finally got pregnant and have a beautiful baby boy who I will forever be grateful to dr ashby for her dedication to us and never giving up on me when we wanted to give up . I speak from 10 yrs of fertility treatment if you are looking for one of the best fertility drs them dr ashby is the one you want .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

I agree with the previous comments about how clinical she is. And, more importantly, she was ONLY able to see one thing about my and my overall health - my weight. She said I may be healthy today (as per my own physician who clearly knows my entire medical record) but I won't be down the road. I'd go to pretty much anyone before going to her! Said she knew my medical record, but then had questions that were central, blamed my previous negative experience on me (which no one else has!) and then suggested adoption as an "easy and quick" option. Yeah, get a grip.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Ashby is incredible. She's skilled, professional, reassuring, compassionate and everything you want in a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2012

This doctor is kind and knowledgeable. We had our first consult today, and we left feeling more optimistic. Dr. Ashby took a lot of time to answer our questions and share information with us. She also had reviewed our chart prior to our visit and went through everything step by step. I'm sad that we have to deal with infertility but am confident in her care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2011

Due to our history it would have been easy to encourage us to go in-vitro but instead she said she was there to help us not to get our money and that the in-vitro would not be our best chance. She did help us bring to this world a beautiful daughter and helped us every step of the way. I am pregnant of my second one and we will trust in her care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2011

I couldn't disagree more with previous 2 reviewers. I can only say positive things about both Dr. Ashby and the entire practice. Dr. Ashby was kind, professional and informative about providing us with a 2nd opinion. I really respect that she just doesn't jump right into doing surgery unless it's medically necessary like our previous RE had suggested. Her office Manager Amy, goes above and beyond the call of duty for being professional and helpful with time sensitive tests. Any voicemails I left with Susan her nurse or the office appt coordinator were returned usually within an hour or sooner. After doing a HSG again last month, happy to report I am 4 weeks pregnant!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2011

Dr. Ashby is the best doctor I've ever seen. She is warm, compassionate, kind, and caring. She helped me conceive my daughter and even came to visit us when my daughter was born. I almost feel like the previous reviewers are talking about a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697013].votes_count ]]