Rate Dr. Camilla Vaz

Dr. Camilla Vaz's Ratings

Dr. Vaz is old school in her manner - very strict, very no nonsense. She's not to everyone's tastes, but she's a very knowledgeable doctor and not, as someone posted below, in need of training. Dr. Vaz doesn't jump on trends. She reads the latest, established scientific research and adjusts her treatments from there. Her manner can be disconcerting for new parents, but her definitive answers and clear instructions are also reassuring.
That being said, she's very sweet with the children. You can tell she loves children and babies. She is gentle and soft-spoken to little kids. She just doesn't baby the parents! If you can't hack it, get another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I have been Dr Vaz for 6 years now for both our kids. She is a great doctor and maybe considered a little strict at times but I love that quality in her. Her diagnosis is great and so is her bedside manners.
I am there for her knowledge and expertise and not for how she comes across. I would not change her for any paediatician. We are luck to have her.
Seema

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1962274].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 12, 2013

I dislike Dr Vaz's approach to her patients. Her bedside manner is horrible. She is rude and dismissive. On numerous occasions, I have been made to feel guilty for asking questions, bringing up concerns and not following orders she did not give me. She has given me contradictory advice on more than one occasion. There is no room for discussion with her. She is frequently late and unapologetic in any way. I am currenlty looking for another pediatrician. That she has any clients is a miracle. Clare, on the other hand, I find helpful and is at least friendly with the kids.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1962273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2013

I have been with Dr. Vaz & Claire for almost 13 years. We have gone through some difficult medical situations with both children but Dr. Vaz has always offered us great advice, holistic approches before medication & sound comfort. I am moving to Milton soon and will still make the commute (we have to go quite frequent for our son's testing/follow up)happily. She has always been reassuring that we, as parents, are on the right course. I am assuming the parents on here that are being negative are not in her good books for a reason. Thanks again Claire & Dr. Vaz!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1962272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Vaz is horrible. I am desperately trying to find another doctor and panic everytime I have to see her. She is rude, intimidating and narrow minded. She cuts me off when I try to ask questions, and ignores my concerns. She thinks every skin condition is eczema and is constantly pushing cortisone, when in fact I ended up going to a walk-in dermatologist for both my children only to find out that all of Dr. Vaz's recommendations were making their condition worse and it was not eczema. SHe needs to update her training- especially where nutrition (which she knows nothing about) and breastfeeding are concerned. ANd she needs to get over herself and accept that people are embracing complementary medicine and it would be helpful to have an up to date doctor- knowledgable about current research and trends. Her advice is based on outdated facts. Can't stand her. Claire is professional and at least can smile and acknowledge the children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1962271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2011

Know the Doc & Claire for 12 years. Very knowledgeable, highly professional & helpful. Our older kid (in the Univ.) still calls to say 'Hi" to her, my younger kid who had several issues, I know is 'safe', as long we know we can talk to the Doc or Claire. Dr. Vaz provides holistic treatment, which is so comforting. The best in town.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1962270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2010

Dr. Vaz and Claire are both highly knowledgeable and business like. They don't act like they are there to hold your hand, because they aren't. They've both been very thorough and helpful in our visits, since our daughter was a newborn. I've got more confidence in Dr. Vaz than in any other health professional I've dealt with. Most highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1962269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2009

We left her and Dr Avdic office after about 8 months because we were quite unhappy with them both although they are quite different and sometimes contradict each other in their opinions. Several phone calls were never answered, they ignored some of our concerns, were pushy in terms of formula feeding and didn't show much knowledge in terms of breastfeeding as I found out later. Also, there were a situation when Clare gave us some recommendation ( I assumed it was on behalf of one of the doctors) and then we found out that we should have never did what she recommended (I actually trusted my gut feeling and didn't follow what she said). Long waits. The presence of a nursing room is great though. I'm much happier with our current pediatrician who has been our doctor for over a year now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1962268].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2009

I also agree that, Dr Vaz knows her stuff and Claire is also wonderful. I also agree that trying to get a hold of the office is somehow difficult! The answering machine is useless when you have a sick child. If your child is sick and needs immediate attention you almost always end up at a walk-in or ER (because you don’t trust walk-ins) I have an 8 and 7 year old, and I have been with Dr.Vaz for that long. The only problem I have with her is that she is pretty cold with parents; she does not acknowledge (most of the time) our existence. I understand we do not need to be pals and chat about the weather, but we as parents are crucial. If we feel comfortable with her, chances are we will get what she has to say better. As a result, we will care for the kids that we both concern dearly about. --- She sometimes reminds me of the nuns at my old boarding school. Stern.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1962267].votes_count ]]