Rate Dr. Clifford M. Ratner

Dr. Clifford M. Ratner's Ratings

When I was first diagnosed with macular degeneration, I was terrified. The night before my first treatment I slept less that two hours. I was afraid I would become totally blind and lose my independence. The idea of a needle going into my eye was so frightening, I was physically tense all through my body. But when Dr Ratner, who realized what I was going through, calmly explained that the procedure was perfectly safe, with relatively little pain and an excellent chance of recovery, my whole body relaxed and my mind was relieved. What a dramatic change. I walked out full of hope. I am so glad that he decided to become a retina specialist. He is a god send and my treatment results have been nothing short of miraculous.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

About myself: I was born three months premature in the 1940s and have had eye problems for my entire life. In the 1990's I also contracted type two diabetes which has serious implications for the health of the eye. In 2008 I began to display serious retinal bleeding in my left eye. My GP recommended Dr. Ratner. Not only was the operation a success, but six years later I have absolutely no complications from the operation. Dr. Ratner's staff and his follow up over the years on this condition has been superlative. I consider the day that Dr. Ratner took my case to be one of the most fortunate days in my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr. Ratner is an excellent eye surgeon and diagnostician with many years experience and well-respected in the medical community for his expertise. He explains everything completely and is thorough and detail-oriented. He has a calm and down-to-earth manner. I felt very confident in his abilities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I'm trying to figure out why this Dr. has gotten such a bum rap in reviews. Granted, he's not the picture of an outgoing, smiling, perky human being. But he's a nice man and took the time to explain everything to me and respond to all my questions with regards to some floaters and flashes that I have been getting. He examined my retina thoroughly and said it was in fine shape. There aren't that many retina specialists in Westchester. I don't see any issue going to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2014

Three years ago I visited Dr. Ratner with severe macular degeneration in one eye. By prompt and effective action he saved the eye. Today I am able to see close to 20/20 with glases in that eye.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2014

Dr Ratner was consulted on an emergency basis when another surgeon had "dropped a lens" into my eye. He responded within 12 hours and arranged an immediate visit and a weekend visit and remedial surgery within a week of the failed surgery. he was composed at all times and was a calming influence when I was upset about losing sight in my right eye. Six weeks after my first consultation I was discharged with 20/25 sight in the injured eye.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

I went to Dr Ratner after a visit to the eye doctor revealed a possible detached retina. He carefully explained the alternative treatments, and we immediately proceeded with a pneumatic retinopexy, a gas bubble inserted in the eye to reattach the retina, followed by laser and cryopexy to seal the tears. He was extremely professional, helpful, and ready to answer any questions and to explain the procedure. I would highly recommend him for any retina related procedure or consultation. His office staff are extremely professional, efficient, and friendly. Dr Ratner and his office made a an unfortunate medical condition as painless and positive as possible. I give all aspects of my experience the highest possible rating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

Referred to Dr. Ratner by my eye doctor. He diagnosed my problem, but never explained it, and said "there is no treatment available." He was very abrupt, but I saw him to monitor the eye a couple of times and then decided to get a second opinion. Thankfully, I met a wonderful retina specialist in NYC who thoroughly explained the issues with my CRVO (Central Retinal Vein Occlusion) and he started treatment the first day we met. Three and half months later, there is 90% improvement and hopefully more by next month. I would never refer anyone to Clifford Ratner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697557].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

Dr. Ratner performed surgery on my left eye and saved it from going blind. He showed me the before and after pictures and I got some appreciation of the years of training, knowledge, experience and painstaking effort Dr. Ratner brought to bear during the surgery to save my eye. My severe retinopathy was the kind of near hopeless condition where if I did nothing I would go blind and if I did the surgery, I could still go blind. Dr. Ratner from the beginning was always completely upfront and had the courage to tell me what my prospects were without any sugar coating. Well there is no margin for error in the type of surgery that Dr. Ratner performed, and fortunately things have turned out much better than expected. During my second opinion research, I discovered from his peers, Dr. Ratner is considered one of the leading eye surgeons in the country. Now, as my eye continues to improve, I am very grateful to Dr. Ratner for saving my eye and restoring my sight.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697556].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2012

His bedside manner is poor, but he makes up for it with knowledge. Comes across as arrogant and cold. If you look past it, you see a man who knows what he is doing. Eventually, he thaws out and he is friendlier. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Prepare to wait up to an hour before you get seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697555].votes_count ]]