Dr. Frank Procaccino

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Frank Procaccino has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

18/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0
RID: 2891071
02/10/13 5 1 1 1 Dr. Procaccino is a terrible doctor and he is unprofessional and has the "God" syndrome. He is not open to listening to patients, he insists on doing your procedure on his terms and is not considerate of the patients needs. He is rude, and I am happy to report "there are better Gastroenterologists" in the Alexandria area. He is not personable and I am so happy he is not doing my procedure because of his insensitivity.  Respond
RID: 2666452
30/05/13 4 5 5 5 I found him very professional and easy to talk about uncomfortable issues. I did not have any wait problems when I saw him. I would recommend him to any of my family or friends who needed help.
RID: 2402657
16/08/12 3 4 5 5 I'm long over due on commenting but I just had to give kudos when it's due. Its very rare to find a doctor like Dr. Procaccino. Not only was he very knowledgeable but he was thorough and patient with his explaination of things. I actually felt like he wants the best for his patients not what will make him more money. I wish there were more doctors like him in every area of medicine. God Bless him.
RID: 1774762
21/03/12 5 5 5 5 Highly recommend. His questions were very thorough, and he also patiently listened to my symptoms. Took him just a few minutes to pinpoint a problem I've had for quite some time. Office staff was polite and quick.  Respond
RID: 1505831
06/08/11 5 5 5 4 Best doctor I've been to. I've seen many doctors for my intestinal problem to no avail until doctor Procaccino. I was about to give up on all doctors because I was always misdiagnosed. He asked lots of questions and got to the root of the problem. He gave many suggestions that were helpful.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1303226
29/11/10 4 3 5 5 He is the best doctor and he actually saved me from the depths of hell called Crohns. I had been misdiagnosed over and over and he was the only one that got it right and me on my well to a normal life. He is a kind, gentle man with a caring bedside manner. I would not go to any other doctor to get my tummy right.
RID: 1004592
07/10/09 3 2 5 5 This is a strong doctor with good skills and a good personality. He will spend as much time as you require. The downside is that waiting time can be excessive and the staff, while pleasant, does make mistakes. (Always double check appointments, authorizations, referrals, etc.
RID: 1002997
05/10/09 3 1 3 3 You will be in the waiting room for a minimum of 1 hour, guaranteed, as he is ALWAYS running way behind schedule. It takes a lot of patience to wait on him. Might as well show up one hour late to your appointment. No wait, don't do that, you'll be there for 2 hours. Once you get in, he is very helpful and knowledgeable.  Respond
RID: 728448
23/11/08 5 4 5 5 Excellent Doctor, highly recommended. He really took the time to hear me out and let me explained my symptoms, unlike other doctors who rush in to give their patients a diagnosis. He was extremely nice and explained really well the steps I should take as a patient in other to get well.
RID: 692524
28/09/08 2 1 1 2 Not helpful, long waits, unnecessary procedures  Respond
RID: 493869
24/01/08 4 5 5 5 Dr. Procaccino is a really nice doctor, very easy to talk with and I really felt like he listened to what I was saying and took me seriously. He has been very quick and responsive in getting results back to me. He was also the only doctor, of maybe 7 that I've seen over the past 6 years that put together all of my diverse symptoms and actually figured out what was wrong with me. I would definitely recommend him.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 155130
23/02/07 4 5 5 Great doctor and I highly recommend him. Very easy going, calm demeanor and takes the time to explain things to you. Dr. Procaccino performed a colonoscopy on me (which is never a fun thing) and all went great! Also, I must add that the nurse staff at the Alexandria Hospital edocsopy suite were also very nice. The procedure was painless, I had no problems and best of all don’t remember a thing, thank goodness.
RID: 59686
28/11/06 4 5 5 A great Dr. who really cares about the person as a whole. I would definitly reccomend him.  Respond
RID: 37528
25/07/06 4 5 5 Dr. Procaccino is so personable and he is genuinely interested in helping you. I would recommend anyone to him.  Respond