Rate Dr. Ian M. Shantz

Dr. Ian M. Shantz's Ratings

Dr. Shantz is personable, on time and caring. He gets to the core of the matter in a relaxed way, making an otherwise stressful appointment light and easy. He has actually responded to us in a family emergency at night when no one else would. He is bright and I recommend him highly.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2014 | flag

Although you can almost always get an appointment the front desk can be a little iffy. Guess we all have our moments of moodiness. But Dr. Shantz is sharp, quick and friendly.

Submitted April 14, 2012 | flag

Love Dr. Shantz. I came from a practice where I was a number and here I feel like I'm a patient. He never seems rushed and never makes me wait. I'm also afraid to post because I don't want him to take on new patients or this might change but I also want to be honest. Great doctor great practice

Submitted May 19, 2011 | flag

I read all the reviews and I am wonder are these fake reviews? Or are we talk about Ian Shantz. No of the review have not been my experience. At times I feel that I am not being understood and since I have a terminate illness, I could even less. The staff take blood pressures so fast that the just guess. Dr. Shantz is friendly but don't confuse friendliness with actually preformance. He uses a computer that tells him to ask certain questions. Also,depend on you insurance you might get better treatment. As for electronic records, well not everything is recorded and getting actual copies is a problem. It also can be a security risk. I have go to this doctor 4 times and the review post can not be true. I question everyone of them. No doctor know everything, that what specialist are for. Getting advice from a specialist would be better than saving time and money and getting advice from a family practice doctor. Please if you going to post a review please be totally honest.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2011 | flag

AMAZING DOCTOR!!! HE IS THE MAIN REASON I WOULD LOVE TO GET INTO MEDICINE. I have a seizure disorder and he caught my problem head on. He is the greatest. GO SEE HIM! Best doctor I have ever seen.

Submitted April 12, 2010 | flag

Dr Shantz listens and is an extremely good doctor. My family goes to him as well. He is very helpful and if he doesn't know the answer, he finds it out and calls you back.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2009 | flag

Dr. Shantz is clearly a physician possessing everything it takes to be one of the best doctors around. He is knowledgable, caring, relaxed, friendly, and most importantly, he seems to be very commited to practicing medicine for all the right reasons. The money seems to be very secondary to him. He was born to practice medicine. He reminds me of what doctors were like before medicine became a business. Before medical decisions were made by high school graduates at HMO's who ask physicians in scolding voices if the charge is "like really really necessary".

Submitted April 3, 2009 | flag

He carries around his laptop and maintains all your medical history in digital form. He takes the time to listen and will not diagnose out of ignorance, he'll listen to what works and doesn't work for you and prescribe accordingly. A good doctor.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2009 | flag

Doctor Shantz is the best. It's hard to find a good caring doctor these days. I called his office to get the results of my pregnancy test and the nurse told me it was negative, but then he called 2 times that same afternoon just to asked if I had any questions. He is a sweetheart and very professional.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2008 | flag

Dr. Shantz and his staff are excellent! He is friendly, compassionate, knowledgeable and overall one of the best doctors I've ever had. His staff is also very competent, professional, and courteous. I have only positive things to say about Dr. Shantz and his practice.

Submitted June 27, 2008 | flag