Rate Dr. James B. Grimes

Dr. James B. Grimes's Ratings

I have had shoulder pain since 2006; non-stop pain everyday. I had a surgery done by another surgeon in 2008 and received zero pain relief and no better range of motion. I had my second surgery done August 2014 by Dr Grimes and I am pain free! I am 3 months post surgery and my ROM and pain are more than I expected. I a so grateful and happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

First of all, Dr. Grimes's staff is caring, efficient, and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to call them and get answers right away. Dr. Grimes performed an anterior approach total hip replacement, a fairly new procedure in Kern County. It allowed me to walk out of the hospital in two days and return to work in three weeks. In less than three months I had 180 degree turnout in that hip without fear of dislocating. As a dancer, I found that miraculous. If you're an active person (sports, dancing, yoga) Dr. Grimes does everything he can to make sure you're not only back on your feet, but pain free, strong, limber, and ready to resume your life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr. Grimes replaced my hip. It has dislocated over 10 times since then and I've had to have it replaced 3 times. I would never recommend Dr. Grimes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Grimes' and his office staff are very friendly and informative. I never had to wait over five minutes at any office visit. Everything went as explained, and there were no surprises. My shoulder surgery was a complete success, and I couldn't be happier with him, his staff, and especially the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Grimes replaced both my knees in the past 9-months. Due to his good work, my therapy was very short, and I have no pain. I feel like I've been given my life back. His staff were very friendly and professional. They have a very well thought out and systematic process that easily takes you through all the necessary steps and paper work prior to the surgery. During my stay at the hospital, Dr. Grimes checked in with me at least twice per day to inquire on my progress. I highly recommend him to anyone that is needing knee replacement surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

I couldn't ask for better treatment. Very professional and helpful. Surgery was very successful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

It took longer to diagnose the exact cause of my hip pain than I would I would have liked. Once Dr. Grimes performed an MRI, it revealed that I had a torn labrum. He gave me a thorough understanding of the corrective procedure, a Hip Arthroscopy, and immediately started the scheduling process for surgery. It was an out-patient procedure and after about two months of recovery, I was able to return to all my normal activities, including playing golf, totally pain free. I am completely satisfied.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411752].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Dr. Grimes performed my hip replacement surgery approximately five years ago. Everything went very well then, as well as the yearly follow-up visits since. I would highly recommend both Dr. Grimes and his staff to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

Dr. Grimes did surgery on my hip, following the procedure I was in minimal pain with the pain I felt prior to surgery gone! He is knowledgable & particular about his surgery which leads to great outcomes. Would recommend to anyone in town who needs a good ortho.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

Dr. James Grimes removed a bone spur and completed a shoulder Subacromial Decompression on me the end of Jan., 2014. The surgery went well and my recovery has been amazing. Within 5 weeks my shoulder was back to 99% range of motion. It was work to get it there but well worth it. I followed his orders and spent 4 hours a day for 2 weeks on a machine that rotated my arm and went to physical therapy for 20 days. His office staff was very pleasant and he is very professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][697752].votes_count ]]