You may also like

Rate Dr. James B. Grimes

Dr. James B. Grimes's Ratings

Dr. Grimes performed arthroscopic surgery on my right knee due to a torn meniscus. After only two weeks of physical therapy I feel great . I have no pain and am not limited in flexibility. Wow!! Thank you Dr. Grimes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2724420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

I had shoulder impingement surgery and Dr Grimes did a great job! He cleaned up some bone spurs and shaved down the bone a bit. I did PT five days a week for two weeks and had full motion. I would recommend him to everyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I had a total knee replacement and was walking, pain free in the first week and back to my normal activities of dog training and showing in 6 weeks. He is an excellent surgeon who I would highly recommend and I was totally satisfied with my surgery, physical therapy and very quick recovery and pain free new knee!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2699865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

Dr. Grimes is an excellent physician who really cares about his patients. I have had numerous orthopedic surgeries in the past with other doctors and Dr. Grimes has provided a far superior outcome than any of them. He is very thorough, straight forward, knowledgeable and caring. I have had two shoulder surgeries performed by him and I have been extremely satisfied with the outcome. I highly recommend Dr. Grimes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2698489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

Dr. Grimes did a total hip replacement on me mid-October 2014. I couldn't ask for a better result. Surgery went well, recovery was quick, and he and his office staff are top notch. His assistant, Heidi, is easily accessible via email to answer any questions that may come up, and the x-ray staff and especially the MRI tech, Jeff, are outstanding. Dr. Grimes is always patient and willing to answer any questions I have and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2681196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

I have had shoulder pain since 2006; non-stop pain everyday. I had a surgery done by another surgeon in 2008 and received zero pain relief and no better range of motion. I had my second surgery done August 2014 by Dr Grimes and I am pain free! I am 3 months post surgery and my ROM and pain are more than I expected. I a so grateful and happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

First of all, Dr. Grimes's staff is caring, efficient, and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to call them and get answers right away. Dr. Grimes performed an anterior approach total hip replacement, a fairly new procedure in Kern County. It allowed me to walk out of the hospital in two days and return to work in three weeks. In less than three months I had 180 degree turnout in that hip without fear of dislocating. As a dancer, I found that miraculous. If you're an active person (sports, dancing, yoga) Dr. Grimes does everything he can to make sure you're not only back on your feet, but pain free, strong, limber, and ready to resume your life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr. Grimes replaced my hip. It has dislocated over 10 times since then and I've had to have it replaced 3 times. I would never recommend Dr. Grimes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Grimes' and his office staff are very friendly and informative. I never had to wait over five minutes at any office visit. Everything went as explained, and there were no surprises. My shoulder surgery was a complete success, and I couldn't be happier with him, his staff, and especially the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Grimes replaced both my knees in the past 9-months. Due to his good work, my therapy was very short, and I have no pain. I feel like I've been given my life back. His staff were very friendly and professional. They have a very well thought out and systematic process that easily takes you through all the necessary steps and paper work prior to the surgery. During my stay at the hospital, Dr. Grimes checked in with me at least twice per day to inquire on my progress. I highly recommend him to anyone that is needing knee replacement surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2411754].votes_count ]]