Rate Dr. James B. Grimes

Dr. James B. Grimes's Ratings

Dr. Grimes replaced my hip. It has dislocated over 10 times since then and I've had to have it replaced 3 times. I would never recommend Dr. Grimes.

Submitted July 7, 2014 | flag

Dr. Grimes' and his office staff are very friendly and informative. I never had to wait over five minutes at any office visit. Everything went as explained, and there were no surprises. My shoulder surgery was a complete success, and I couldn't be happier with him, his staff, and especially the results.

Submitted June 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Grimes replaced both my knees in the past 9-months. Due to his good work, my therapy was very short, and I have no pain. I feel like I've been given my life back. His staff were very friendly and professional. They have a very well thought out and systematic process that easily takes you through all the necessary steps and paper work prior to the surgery. During my stay at the hospital, Dr. Grimes checked in with me at least twice per day to inquire on my progress. I highly recommend him to anyone that is needing knee replacement surgery.

Submitted June 23, 2014 | flag

I couldn't ask for better treatment. Very professional and helpful. Surgery was very successful.

Submitted June 23, 2014 | flag

It took longer to diagnose the exact cause of my hip pain than I would I would have liked. Once Dr. Grimes performed an MRI, it revealed that I had a torn labrum. He gave me a thorough understanding of the corrective procedure, a Hip Arthroscopy, and immediately started the scheduling process for surgery. It was an out-patient procedure and after about two months of recovery, I was able to return to all my normal activities, including playing golf, totally pain free. I am completely satisfied.

Submitted May 31, 2014 | flag

Dr. Grimes performed my hip replacement surgery approximately five years ago. Everything went very well then, as well as the yearly follow-up visits since. I would highly recommend both Dr. Grimes and his staff to anyone.

Submitted May 26, 2014 | flag

Dr. Grimes did surgery on my hip, following the procedure I was in minimal pain with the pain I felt prior to surgery gone! He is knowledgable & particular about his surgery which leads to great outcomes. Would recommend to anyone in town who needs a good ortho.

Submitted April 1, 2014 | flag

Dr. James Grimes removed a bone spur and completed a shoulder Subacromial Decompression on me the end of Jan., 2014. The surgery went well and my recovery has been amazing. Within 5 weeks my shoulder was back to 99% range of motion. It was work to get it there but well worth it. I followed his orders and spent 4 hours a day for 2 weeks on a machine that rotated my arm and went to physical therapy for 20 days. His office staff was very pleasant and he is very professional.

Submitted March 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Grimes performed a knee replacement on July 9, 2013. Everything went spectacularly well. Every aspect was great, the surgery, the recovery, the physical therapy, the minimal scar and the increased quality of life. For 10 years before the surgery I used a cane and a walker. I am now free of those limitations. Dr. Grimes is the consummate professional, but more than that he is a compassionate and caring person. At every appointment, I had a list of questions. I always remembered one more as he was leaving the exam room with the file under his arm. When I asked if he could answer one more question he always walked back into the room, put the file on the table, turned to face me and gave me his full attention. In my experience, this is a very rare quality in surgeons. I can recommend him without reservation. Doug Diggles

Submitted March 1, 2014 | flag

Dr. Grimes replaced my left hip. The surgery went smoothly and my recovery was quick. The type of hip surgery he does is very specialized and requires less recovery and is less invasive than the old type. I was very impressed with his follow-up and his instructions were very clear. My husband is also going to have his hip replaced by Dr. Grimes soon. I am also having him repair a shoulder. The office staff is very nice and helpful. I recommend Dr. Grimes highly.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2014 | flag