Rate Dr. Michael Virro

Dr. Michael Virro's Ratings

I read below comments and it amazes me that when we are dealing with a "crisis" in trying to have a child, we have some who want a doctor to be all warm & fuzzy. He deals with so many patients daily who have issues, he is there to help in figuring out your problem but also tell you what has to be done; whether its something you like to hear or not. The REASON you are seeing him is because you tried with others and they simply failed and now you are going to him b/c of his "success"....literally you are saying, "please help." And he does. He does come across at times as being a straight-shooter but from the same token, he doesn't sugar-coat things, nor does he give you any false pretentions. He tells you the protocols that need to be taken and the treatment needed. I mean that's why we are seeing him, right? For him to help you conceive? We have had 2 attempts with him and we are glad to say we have a beautiful baby girl (1 yr old) and another one on the way, all because of Dr. Virro.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2013 | flag

I would highly recommend Dr. Virro to anyone who is suffering with infertility. I have never been pregnant, have been to a different fertlity clinic where they just took my money but did not get to any root issue. It was a totally different experience with the Markham Fertility Clinic. Dr. Virro is straight forward and tells it like it is. He is not there to be anyones friend but instead is there to help you get pregnant. I really enjoyed his frankness and no bull attitude. For the first year of being his patient my husband and I did not spend a dime. He found some issues with me such as a sceptum that had to be surgically removed as well as endometriosis that was restrictive that also had to be removed. After that we decided on treatment and after the 2nd IVF I can now say that I am pregnant! Something I never believed to be possible. I am very thankful to Dr. Virro and the Markham Fertility Clinic. The staff is friendly and supportive. I cannot say thank you enough!

Submitted Sept. 17, 2013 | flag

I am holding my new son in my arms all because of Dr. Virro. He is the best in this field. After 8 years of trying at another clinic, Dr. Virro figured me out. I only had a single embryo transfer and it worked!!!! Although my pregnancy was high risk, he got me to 39 weeks. He knows his stuff, was never rude to me in any way, and was very straight forward. He is also entitled to go on vacation once and awhile like everyone else. I am forever grateful to him.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Virro is the best, bar none in this field. I am infertile. I have a baby. He made that happen. That is the short story. The long story: I was doing this journey on and off for 17 years before I received my blessing from above. His staff is wonderful. He is fair and clear and is willing to take on REALISTIC hard cases. At 44 he told me that my eggs will no longer likely to produce a child. My ex-husband is infertile. My current husband is very fertile. We have a child. I went up and down the emotional roller coaster with him. He has been doing this a very long time. If he takes vacations, gold, whatever, that is because he does not need to work. He wants to help women/ men have a baby. That is called a balanced life. I truly appreciate that he let me keep coming to his clinic to bring down the stats with all my miscarriages, my bad IVFs. I blew a lot of money. That was my decision. My daughter is two. I am so blessed!

Submitted May 4, 2013 | flag

May be good for infertility but not for everyday gynaecological problems. Even though he gave me my first child through IVF, I had to wait more than 3 months to see him for irregular bleeding - I was his patient - he should have seen me sooner!!!! He then gave me all the wrong information about who will do my surgery and when - what a waste of my time. I just hope and pray it's not too late for me. I had to write here once again for everyone out there to know, to push for answers and not just agree to his treatment - be assertive, get second opinions and exagerrate your symptoms so he can take you seriously. I will still thank him for giving me my child but will never be able to forgive him for brushing off my symptoms and not doing the tests he should have done years ago.

Submitted March 14, 2013 | flag

Descripton of Michael Virro: God-complex, Extremely Arrogant, Rude, Unprofessional, uses terminology not fitting for a professional doctor, favours surgical procedures over the "less try the least invasive first". Had no compassion in his demeanor. I had only one visit with him and never went back. He probably reads these posts regularly just to feed his already over-fed ego!

Submitted Jan. 14, 2013 | flag

Did not seem to care for me as patient. Instead making the necessary tests to see what the problem is he was pushing for IVF'S. Had more than 7 IVF's with dr. Virro and non of them worked. My last IVF tUrned into tubal pregnancy where I had to have my tube removed. After so many years finally decided to see another doctor that told me that i have endometriosis and they have to be treated first before he would do anything else. Aperantly I had endometriosis since 2002 which showed on my first ultrasound that was done by dr Virro right before my first IVF.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2012 | flag

Dr. Virro is truly the best doctor. He provides such hope for women with fertility and/or immunity issues. No other fertility centre cares and extends their research and efforts like Dr. Virro has. He is so down to earth, caring, confident, and just so awesome. After many unsuccessful attempts at another clinic, Dr. Virro gave us our beautiful miracle baby boy. We are forever grateful to him. We pray and thank God every night for Dr. Virro. He is unmatched. We highly highly recommend waiting to see him. He is so worth it. He truly gives people hope and makes their dreams come true. He does the work of God on earth like no other fertility doctor can.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2012 | flag

Dr. V. is an amazing doctor. He hires right people. The staff is amazing. Even after tens of years in this field they still haven’t lost their empathy. They really feel for you. Going through all the stress of infertility makes it a bit easier with them. We conceived our son at the clinic 4 years ago and now we are trying for baby #2. It doesn’t look like that we are going to be successful I have premature ovarian failure. Still dr. V has not fired me and agreed to the protocol that I brought up. He is so open to ideas. He is a wonderful person and the best doctor I have ever met. Sometimes I feel like I can see his halo:) If I think how the saint that was sent to help people would look like I see dr. V:) Even though I am not religious at all.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2012 | flag

I am still waiting for IVF with Dr. Virro but the first impression I got after our first meeting was extremely positive. He is competent, confident, very secure and straight forward. His manner was non-patronizing and very direct unlike other fertility specialists. His team is amazing and they work very efficiently. The long wait is the hardest part but once he takes on your case, the entire team works with you. It makes a world of difference when you find the clinic staff so approachable because every day I have a question and it's very comforting to get a reply with in a day.

Submitted June 27, 2012 | flag