Rate Dr. Michael Virro

Dr. Michael Virro's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2630517].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

Dr. Virgo and his staff are the best hands down! From the front desk staff Wendy and Tina to Kathy, Tali and Anne-Marie they are the most helpful and compassionate people. They wouldvalwaysvgo above and beyond to help in any way possible.
Dr. Virgo is very knowledgable and if there anything he is not sure about he will get a second opinion from another specialist. If you have infertility issue don't look anywhere else, you must see this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2623794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

We went to Dr. Virro after 2 failed IVF attempts at CREATE centre, where Dr. Librach didn't have anything to say but to "come back for another one when financially ready..." No reasons were given and no other options were discussed... Talk about "wanting your money" in previous reviews... But Dr. Virro is indeed professional and knowledgeable. If you want answers, just don't forget to ask and he'll be ready to answer and explain in detail. The immunology testing did the trick for us. It is pricey but worth every single penny as we got pregnant NATURALLY to everybody's surprise following several courses of therapy fixing a number of immune problems, no IVF for us YAY!!! Dr. V helped us to have our beautiful baby boy!!!!! We highly recommend him to everybody. If you want a baby, go to DR. Virro and be persistent, patient and stop thinking about money as babies are the most precious thing you can have... If you want comfort and patting on your shoulder, hire a psychologist...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

Extremely knowledgeable, extremely willing to allow his patients to help decide their course of treatment without being insulted; a wonderful, dry sense of humour; passionate and professional. Dr Virro respected me when I turned down his first protocol to avoid a certain drug, and he respected us when we went for a double blastocyst transfer, despite him believing it would likely work and end in twins, which for obvious reasons he wants to avoid. We now have a beautiful and healthy baby girl. My only negative experience was with two staff members once or twice where I felt they were rude and out of line. Nurse Kathy is a doll and she is the warm and fuzzy that Dr Virro may not exhibit; but dr V's job isn't to hug us and make us feel better, he's there to make the magic happen and get us pregnant! Everything we went through to become pregnant was totally worth it and I would recommend this Doctor and his clinic to anyone!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

People go to him because of infertility he treat them bad. He want only money no proper treatment! Receptionist is very rude. Staff concentrate on collecting money than providing service. It is almost impossible to get an appoint with the doctor even though I was on treatment. Be aware of this clinic. stay away from Dr. Virro office don't have no clue how to speak . Only money no service you will not get any of your money back or value back for your hard earn money.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2560657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

I read below comments and it amazes me that when we are dealing with a "crisis" in trying to have a child, we have some who want a doctor to be all warm & fuzzy. He deals with so many patients daily who have issues, he is there to help in figuring out your problem but also tell you what has to be done; whether its something you like to hear or not. The REASON you are seeing him is because you tried with others and they simply failed and now you are going to him b/c of his "success"....literally you are saying, "please help." And he does. He does come across at times as being a straight-shooter but from the same token, he doesn't sugar-coat things, nor does he give you any false pretentions. He tells you the protocols that need to be taken and the treatment needed. I mean that's why we are seeing him, right? For him to help you conceive? We have had 2 attempts with him and we are glad to say we have a beautiful baby girl (1 yr old) and another one on the way, all because of Dr. Virro.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1963169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Virro to anyone who is suffering with infertility. I have never been pregnant, have been to a different fertlity clinic where they just took my money but did not get to any root issue. It was a totally different experience with the Markham Fertility Clinic. Dr. Virro is straight forward and tells it like it is. He is not there to be anyones friend but instead is there to help you get pregnant. I really enjoyed his frankness and no bull attitude. For the first year of being his patient my husband and I did not spend a dime. He found some issues with me such as a sceptum that had to be surgically removed as well as endometriosis that was restrictive that also had to be removed. After that we decided on treatment and after the 2nd IVF I can now say that I am pregnant! Something I never believed to be possible. I am very thankful to Dr. Virro and the Markham Fertility Clinic. The staff is friendly and supportive. I cannot say thank you enough!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1963168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

I am holding my new son in my arms all because of Dr. Virro. He is the best in this field. After 8 years of trying at another clinic, Dr. Virro figured me out. I only had a single embryo transfer and it worked!!!! Although my pregnancy was high risk, he got me to 39 weeks. He knows his stuff, was never rude to me in any way, and was very straight forward. He is also entitled to go on vacation once and awhile like everyone else. I am forever grateful to him.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1963167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2013

Dr. Virro is the best, bar none in this field. I am infertile. I have a baby. He made that happen. That is the short story. The long story: I was doing this journey on and off for 17 years before I received my blessing from above. His staff is wonderful. He is fair and clear and is willing to take on REALISTIC hard cases. At 44 he told me that my eggs will no longer likely to produce a child. My ex-husband is infertile. My current husband is very fertile. We have a child. I went up and down the emotional roller coaster with him. He has been doing this a very long time. If he takes vacations, gold, whatever, that is because he does not need to work. He wants to help women/ men have a baby. That is called a balanced life. I truly appreciate that he let me keep coming to his clinic to bring down the stats with all my miscarriages, my bad IVFs. I blew a lot of money. That was my decision. My daughter is two. I am so blessed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1963166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

May be good for infertility but not for everyday gynaecological problems. Even though he gave me my first child through IVF, I had to wait more than 3 months to see him for irregular bleeding - I was his patient - he should have seen me sooner!!!! He then gave me all the wrong information about who will do my surgery and when - what a waste of my time. I just hope and pray it's not too late for me. I had to write here once again for everyone out there to know, to push for answers and not just agree to his treatment - be assertive, get second opinions and exagerrate your symptoms so he can take you seriously. I will still thank him for giving me my child but will never be able to forgive him for brushing off my symptoms and not doing the tests he should have done years ago.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1963165].votes_count ]]