Rate Dr. JOEL W. WALKER

Dr. JOEL W. WALKER's Ratings

I found Dr. Walker to be friendly, engaging, and knowledgeable when I brought my 11 year old son in for the first time. I'm glad I didn't read these reviews prior to the appointment, otherwise I probably would have gone in expecting the worst. He is nothing like what others describe, at least not to us.

Submitted May 29, 2014 | flag

I was worried after reading the other comments, but Dr. Walker was friendly, knowledgeable, and thorough. I felt like he listened to me and then reassured me that we would check everything out to be 100% sure that I wasn't sick. He was no nonsense and straight to the point, but that's what I want in a doctor. He spent plenty of time with me. I would definitely recommend him and his nurses. They were all so nice!

Submitted Feb. 19, 2014 | flag

Rude, aloof with no bedside manner. I took my son (age 12) to Dr. Walker after I changed insurance and my previous pediatrician who did not accept my new insurance. Dr. Walker came into the room and never even addressed my son. He began asking questions about my son directly to me and didn't even look at my son until he started the "exam" and that's a generous term for the appointment. It was very uncomfortable and I couldn't believe that someone who chose to go into pediatrics doesn't know and/or care enough to make his patients (the child) comfortable. Needless to say that was our first and last appointment with Dr. Walker.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2013 | flag

Horribly uneducated about breastfed babies. Gave "medical advice" that was and is absolutely contrary to medical research. Several times, he told me to stop breast-feeding my healthy baby, and at the 12 month check-up told me that there is zero nutritional benefit to nursing. I found several medical professionals and peer researched journals that contradict him...not to mention the World Health Organization. When I brought my 10 month old in with a 104 fever, he snorted at me and asked why I was there -- AFTER I explained he had a high fever for over 24 hours.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2013 | flag

Chip on his shoulder, check! Knowledgeable, NO! Compassionate, absolutely not! Took both my sons to see him as an emergency visit as my 6yr old had an exercise educed asthma attack during baseball practice and my two yr old was running 105 fever for 2 days. He had previously treated my son for asthma but didn't refill his inhaler, and sent my 2 year old with a diet of crackers, jello and no dairy. Said if the symptoms worsened he would call some meds in. This began on a Wednesday. By Friday, my son was still feverish, so I called back - only to get the same instruction. I went to the ER and turned out my son had a bad ear infection!!! OMG I was livid! We are def. out to find a different physician! We're done!

Submitted Sept. 23, 2013 | flag

If you are looking for a compassionate dr, don't go here. His practice is both pediatrics & geriatrics. He is always aloof and has a chip on his shoulder. You would have to be dying, before he would prescribe an antibiotic. I have had to go to the ER after leaving his office!

Submitted May 24, 2011 | flag

This doctor is awful. He does not listen, look at you and is not concerned with anything but money. I can't believe anyone would bring a child to him. He also functions as a family doctor which is the capacity in which I saw him. A jerk.

Submitted March 26, 2011 | flag